Is Ymir worth joining? - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Is Ymir worth joining?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#51 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

I wouldn't be a purist about Ymir, but we "did" have bots.
Over my whole gaming life in this server, I've encountered 2 farmer bots. So, we actually do have one. Heh.

#52 PudinPuddy

PudinPuddy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • Locationjumping out a window
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin + Chaos

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

It just occurred to me my Rudolph Hairband is on Valk so I'm going to be staying there, unless there is some way to transfer it to the other server. And all my gear I've ever gathered is on Valk as well.
Another thing that struck me is that a lot of people said how friendly Ymir is, but none of them suggested a guild or offered a spot. In my question I said I would be starting fresh on Ymir and this lack of generosity either means the guilds have no tolerance for new players and/or the server is really dying and they'll lie to attract new players. And this is congruent with how I assumed people on Ymir are. They SAY how great everything is but do not behave in that way.

NEVER EVER assume people are telling the truth, watch their actions, not their words. I didn't start this thread to find a guild, I started it to see what Ymir players are truly like.

I feel you're just trying to find a reason not to transfer to Ymir with all these expectations... like seriously.

#53 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

I feel you're just trying to find a reason not to transfer to Ymir with all these expectations... like seriously.

If you posted an irrelevant youtube vid I would be 100% certain that you're Sera.

#54 PudinPuddy

PudinPuddy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • Locationjumping out a window
  • Server:Odin + Chaos

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

If you posted an irrelevant youtube vid I would be 100% certain that you're Sera.

I don't understand? I'm not sure who Sera is.

#55 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

Yea im of the impression now that he is just trolling. Ive never actually had a positive experience with the OP....hes always been abrasive and rude and narrow minded. I dont know why I bothered ...again. My bad ._.

#56 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

But you have to pay to transfer, The only char worth transferring is my 96 ninja cuz I'd like to get her to Oberou/Kaberou. I'll look into it, cuz I have a bunch of stuff I'd like to bring over. But the fact all my stuff on Valk is a big factor in staying on Valk.

Edit: Details on how to start? Advice? What are you talking about, no one in this thread has done that. They didn't share -_-. And it's some nasty semantics to equate offering a guild spot with forcing someone to join a guild. Can't you just admit it never occurred to anyone to offer help or a spot in their guild?

That's because it's YOU. You are constantly rude on the forums and posting mostly ignorant and or half formed opinions based on faulty information.... and that just when you aren't being extremely inflammatory like in this quoted post and the one or two posts in this thread before it.

I would have offered a spot in my guild, but well, you are you. I have dealt with you before and there is no reason to bring what basically amounts to a drama queen / troll into my guild. We are all close friends and don't need to deal with it.

But go ahead and complain some more, hey you can even try to report me - it won't do any good since I am not breaking any rules by pointing out the truth and my opinions, but you can try.

#57 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

That's because it's YOU. You are constantly rude on the forums and posting mostly ignorant and or half formed opinions based on faulty information.... and that just when you aren't being extremely inflammatory like in this quoted post and the one or two posts in this thread before it.

I would have offered a spot in my guild, but well, you are you. I have dealt with you before and there is no reason to bring what basically amounts to a drama queen / troll into my guild. We are all close friends and don't need to deal with it.

But go ahead and complain some more, hey you can even try to report me - it won't do any good since I am not breaking any rules by pointing out the truth and my opinions, but you can try.

Oh, thank god, so its not just me who felt that way =3 pretty much i feel 100% of what u just said. I wonder how many ppl have to tell him that before he takes it to heart..if at all.

#58 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

Pretty sure at this point the question has been answered. There is basically no constructive posts being made other than cannon fodder at IronPlushy and IronPlushy being IronPlushy.

If anyone still has advice to give about joining Ymir then do so in a constructive manner, but lets keep the character assassination out please it doesn't belong here.

IronPlushy, please be a little more tactful in your words and manners and less overbearing and abrasive.

Keep it civil or the topic will be closed.

Edited by Inubashiri, 30 May 2012 - 02:00 PM.

#59 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

Its because he's from valk, and he must be enjoying talking to all those bots and feel "yes they're real players!"

WOW lack of generosity??? every was FULL of genuine bravo for Ymir. First of all, I would never try to force you into a guild when you are new becuz its your choice ;3 there are plenty of good ones out there, both woe and non woe. I myself and leader of a non woe social guild and vouch for the propeeps of Clandestine Society for WoE. However, I didnt think it appropriate to advertise like a cheap lawyer handing out cards in the ER.... but i guarantee you just about any guild on Ymir would welcome you just the same. Personally, my guild does that. When its a fresh start completely we usually have spare crap lying around, and we are full of advice on where to get started. I helped get one guildie to Ranger becuz i saw him put in the effort. I have been on the other servers and ihave NEVER seen the sort of helpful closenit community i do on ymir. the OTHERS servers are the one lacking in generosity and hepfulness. One guild had like 16 ppl online and NOONE responded to me saying hello for 3 days straight. You didnt see any guilds throwing themselves at you becuz they like friendship, not minions. all you have to do is ASK or sayHELLO or freaking look in the recruitment section of the forums LOL
You should take a look for youself, instead of bellieving these illconcieved notions you made for yourself. You see that in the world all the time, and its a shame.
ALso, i believe that when you transfer chars you gear on it goes with you, as welll as zeny ( possibly up to a certain amount? I am not sure on the details. If i understand right, God items and certain MVP cards do not transfer as well. Otherwise there is no reason your gear cant go with your characters. Pls someone correct me on this if Im being dumb xD
That being said, starting a fresh is a decision YOU have to make. If you do, I'm sure youll find lots of friends and helpful ppl.. All you have to do is be like us : Chatty and Nice ^ ~ ^ we dont know ur there till we see and hear you ! ;3

wow , see , i cant believe that is ppl's experience on the other servers. Seems so leetist or halfcaring -_- Its True, the servers are like two diff game experiences.

So when you guys bad mouth other servers everything's cool, but when I point out how leetist Ymir is I'm the bad girl, yeah that sounds like the Ymir people I've dealt with. The same people who said Valk players shouldn't be involved with game managing decisions because they supposedly don't pay any money.

#60 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

Stay on Valk, you'll be happier there.

Ymir doesn't need your drama.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users