YvieRay

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

Hi, I've been playing Ragnarok since 2005 but I've had some off time and just started playing again recently. I have traditionally played a Mage class character so the Merchant class is new to me and I have no idea what I'm doing.

My Merchant recently became an Alchemist here she is right now:

Posted Image

Considering I want to focus mostly on MvP and Making Zenny (I'm not planning on a WoE character with her) I'm thinking I really want to work with humonculi also. So what kind of build should I be doing and where should I be putting my stats and skills? Good items, cards, ect? I was looking at the merchant card set and thinking that looks good.

Is potion making cost effective? Any tutorials/guides for specific things would be great too. I feel totally clueless. I'm also pretty poor.

Thanks so much for the help!

#2 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

Hi, I've been playing Ragnarok since 2005 but I've had some off time and just started playing again recently. I have traditionally played a Mage class character so the Merchant class is new to me and I have no idea what I'm doing.

My Merchant recently became an Alchemist here she is right now:

Posted Image

Considering I want to focus mostly on MvP and Making Zenny (I'm not planning on a WoE character with her) I'm thinking I really want to work with humonculi also. So what kind of build should I be doing and where should I be putting my stats and skills? Good items, cards, ect? I was looking at the merchant card set and thinking that looks good.

Is potion making cost effective? Any tutorials/guides for specific things would be great too. I feel totally clueless. I'm also pretty poor.

Thanks so much for the help!

if you plane to make an creator/gene mvp and make money its dificult expecially for the first months because you need to get alot of bombs/gears/pots that could be a little expensive, and it can take a while until you mvp high end mvps for money, plus mvp competion its hard on Valkyrie.

making pots takes your too much money to be a money maker only with gene pots you could make some zeny

#3 YvieRay

YvieRay

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:42 PM

The character is VIP on Ymir. So no on Pots? Where should I be putting my stats and skills then? I'm holding on to spending any further skills points until I know how to use them wisely. What is the best way to make money with the character?

Thanks for your help and input. <3

#4 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

Statwise it looks salvageable yet. Looks to me like level 55-65 or so anyways...

Anyways, start pumping DEX up a little bit every level, you want ~55-60 or so at level 88-90. Add some INT ( maybe get 20-25 base INT ) and buff VIT up to 60-70 ( play with the stat calc on irowiki.org to get exact numbers) and get some elemental swordmaces. Start collecting racial shields too, especially if you want to MVP eventually, they will be essential.

If you REALLY want to brew ( and be competitive in MVPing for cheaper ) make a second alchemist that is solely a brewer - for self brewing or just brewing with a friendly priest gloria spamming - go the classic 99 DEX / 99 LUK / rest INT build. I pretty much only use my secondary brewer for making bomb supplies and the occasional blue pot when I have tons of herbs and the prices are down.

Once you get to Bio you want to end up with 99 INT base ~60-70 DEX base 50-70 VIT base and dump the rest into STR so you can do decent cart cannon damage, the INT is the most important... and have a cast that doesn't take so long you could eat a sandwich and drink a coffee before it goes off.

Now, leveling wise... the easiest - and fastest- is still getting crazy uproar ( quest skill for alchy ) and cart revolution ( quest skill for alchy ) and mobbing stuff up and cart revoing it to death. This is why racial reduc shields and elemental swordmaces come in handy. and the swordmaces should be pretty cheap nowadays... you can probably hunt up the supplies or buy them cheap enough and just pay a small fee to Jes74 and have her make the maces.... I have a few of hers yet from when I hwas alchy / bio / early genetic.

#5 YvieRay

YvieRay

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

Statwise it looks salvageable yet. Looks to me like level 55-65 or so anyways...

Yes that's about the level she is.

Anyways, start pumping DEX up a little bit every level, you want ~55-60 or so at level 88-90. Add some INT ( maybe get 20-25 base INT ) and buff VIT up to 60-70 ( play with the stat calc on irowiki.org to get exact numbers) and get some elemental swordmaces. Start collecting racial shields too, especially if you want to MVP eventually, they will be essential.

The sounds like about where I was going with the stats. In regards to the "swordmaces" are you referring to the elemental sword? If I'm using a sword then should I not be putting skill points into axe mastery? I was thinking it would make sense to take advantage of that and use a mace.

Once you get to Bio you want to end up with 99 INT base ~60-70 DEX base 50-70 VIT base and dump the rest into STR so you can do decent cart cannon damage, the INT is the most important... and have a cast that doesn't take so long you could eat a sandwich and drink a coffee before it goes off.

So after I transcend I should do my stats differently though is that what you're saying? Focusing more on INT.

So all that I'm wondering still is where I should be putting my skill points.

Thank you so much for the input. :)

Edited by YvieRay, 29 May 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#6 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

The sounds like about where I was going with the stats. In regards to the "swordmaces" are you referring to the elemental sword? If I'm using a sword then should I not be putting skill points into axe mastery? I was thinking it would make sense to take advantage of that and use a mace.

So after I transcend I should do my stats differently though is that what you're saying? Focusing more on INT.

So all that I'm wondering still is where I should be putting my skill points.

Thank you so much for the input. :)

No, not elemental sword. Elemental sword maces. The important ones are fire swordmace and ice swordmace ( blacksmith players make them, it is easier than getting an elemntal endow on a regular swordmace).

As an added bonus, axe mastery is really axe and sword mastery so will work out well for a small bit of bonus damage when you finally hit genetic.

skill wise, you want aid pot 5 pot research max and the homunculus skill branch. then use aid pot 4 to heal yourself with white pots ( heals a lot more than just drinking them does ). chem protects ( when you are bio / genetic) are handy to have when fighting MVPs but are not a 100% requirement.

Stat wise as a biochemist you want your INT to be maxed by the time you hit 99. don't skimp on the DEX / VIT / STR ( STR is probably going to be your lowest stat since weapon ATK is more important in renewal now) or you will have to reset your stats when you change to genetic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users