#1 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:13 PM

The thors part of the sorcerer job change quest seems a bit silly, considering the monsters in there are going to be 30+ levels above you. Can this possibly be reconsidered?

The archbishop quest needs an instance or something, otherwise it'll be backed up for a while, especially since the quest likes to kick you out almost randomly.

Also, where in the world do you start the minstrel quest? The warper in pront sends you to a random place in Alberta, but neither of the npcs by that area seem to start the quest. It would be nice if there was a logical place where quests started, or a place in game to find out where they start. It seems silly to have to resort to guides to know how to do most quests. The npcs in the training ground and the eden group are a nice start.

#2 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:54 PM

You are only required to visit 3 of the 4 places mentioned in the quest for Sorcerer. Unless you're absolutely lacking anything but Red Bloods, there's no need to go to Thors.

The Arch Bishop quest kicks you out based on a few factors:

• You walk pass a certain point without the Valkyrie.
  • You took more than 10 minutes on the "first part" of the fight quest. (Killing the second Nightmare ends the first part.)
  • You took more than 5 minutes (unsure on this one) to finish the second part of the fight quest, including going through the talk that actually changes you to an Arch Bishop.

#3 TheGuindo

TheGuindo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:10 PM

You are only required to visit 3 of the 4 places mentioned in the quest for Sorcerer. Unless you're absolutely lacking anything but Red Bloods, there's no need to go to Thors.

That doesn't change the fact that asking you to go to Thor's is still ridiculous. Magma would be a better choice on where to put the fire spirit point.

That is, the quest SEEMS like it gives you options, but as it stands, you really don't have options because Thor's is not an option for most people.

Edited by TheGuindo, 17 September 2010 - 08:15 PM.

#4 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:18 PM

The Arch Bishop quest kicks you out based on a few factors:

• You walk pass a certain point without the Valkyrie.
  • You took more than 10 minutes on the "first part" of the fight quest. (Killing the second Nightmare ends the first part.)
  • You took more than 5 minutes (unsure on this one) to finish the second part of the fight quest, including going through the talk that actually changes you to an Arch Bishop.

Then the quests need to have additional dialogs included in them, because the sorcerer job change npc said to go to all 4, and there was no mention in the arch bishop one as to what you were supposed to actually do other than go to the spots on the map. I only found out you had to keep the Valkyrie out from another player. The quests really shouldn't be this vague where you are just taking stabs in the dark as to what you are supposed to be doing. Even the quest logs for these are vague and don't really provide any help...the sorcerer job change one is especially bad because of the poor translation.

Not to mention, that if you do the first 3 spots on the sorcerer job change quest and go to the 4th, you'll be wasting hundreds of stones because the spot never gives you anything or tells you that you don't need it! Or at least it hasn't given anything after 745 stones, lol.

Edited by ensignfluke, 17 September 2010 - 08:21 PM.

#5 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:21 PM

I don't know, I'm under the impression that they'd want you to go with a party for that. I've been playing around with some of these quests, while a lot of them is soloable (with Genetic's being awfully easy), things like Shadow Chaser and Sorcerers are some of the ones I'd expect you to go with a party to do it. (Especially Shadow Chaser's, that was is just long if you're gonna go solo it.)

#6 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:28 PM

I don't know, I'm under the impression that they'd want you to go with a party for that. I've been playing around with some of these quests, while a lot of them is soloable (with Genetic's being awfully easy), things like Shadow Chaser and Sorcerers are some of the ones I'd expect you to go with a party to do it. (Especially Shadow Chaser's, that was is just long if you're gonna go solo it.)

But all the other locations have monsters of much lower levels, why would one place have have really high level monsters? Why would they make you go to some place so much higher anyway when in renewal they haven't intended you to be fighting monsters higher than 10 levels from you.

#7 TheGuindo

TheGuindo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:31 PM

Then the quests need to have additional dialogs included in them, because the sorcerer job change npc said to go to all 4

I have no idea what you're talking about. I did the quest blind and the NPC made it very clear to me that you only needed 3 different regeants and that each spot only gave one type - ie, you only need to go to three spots.

#8 Squishyyy

Squishyyy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Location~

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:38 PM

I'm personally stuck on the 3rd cryptogram (F00T) of the shadow chaser quest, but my question is...

RO is a casual game or...somewhere in between casual and living your life...

Granted, you can waste your life away but my point is should we have all these RIDICULOUS requirements for the quest.

Heim said the quests were designed to take ~3 hours. Why? I mean, seriously... The 1st quest takes about 15 minutes IF YOUR SLOW. Same with transcending. If you want players to come back they're not going to want to spend ~3+ hours doing a quest. Quests are the most painful part of a game...especially RO.

#9 TheGuindo

TheGuindo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:57 PM

Designed to take 3 hours? Jesus, that's ridiculous. That explains the absurd wait times for events in the GX quest.

But if you go into the sorcerer quest prepared - with the items you need already at hand (100+ of each stone) - it takes maybe 30 mins total. Meanwhile the GX quest is "run around talk to NPCs WAIT ONE HOUR FOR AN EVENT TO HAPPEN fail five times wait 10 minutes after each failure to try again WAIT THREE HOURS FOR AN EVENT TO HAPPEN" So there's an imbalance here already. I can't speak for other quests, but I know the length of the GX quest is artificially extended by the wait times. Without those, it would probably take half an hour if you know what you're doing.

#10 Charisma

Charisma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:27 AM

The sorcerer job change quest was among the easiest I tried. I even went to Thor's for getting one of the things and I used my power and skills of being a Scholar (fibering and fiber-teleing, ever heard of that?) to make sure a Kasa would not suddenly come out of nowhere and attempt to kill me. If your 99 Scholar is worth anything, you'd know how to keep yourself alive when monsters are coming near you.

Also, one thing that happened to a guildie of mine, she got 2 of her reagents from one of the npcs. So maybe it's not really needed to go to different npcs. I haven't attempted this myself. And I also can't really remember what the npc said if it were misleading as far as not needing to go to all 4 of the npcs. I just remember it saying needing 3 reagents.

And with the Arch Bishop test, I'm hoping that all these people with 99/70 HPs have other 3rd jobs they want to make... I can only imagine how full the first npc room will be on day one for Ymir/Valk.

#11 Squishyyy

Squishyyy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Location~

Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:54 AM

I'm stuck on Shadow Chaser Quest for the second day.... I've tried every combination and looked at guides Key word is foot...

I guess I don't quite understand what it's asking me to do...

"There are lots of boxes with sort of numbers" Engrish much?
"1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 0
[][]"
what the hell o>O?

"When you touch that number, then it moved.
You find the empty space." Ok. Can we get some decent translations >_>?

"I guess i have to the number to empty space..." Does anyone capitalize their 'I's anymore >>?
"I have two empty squares then do I have to put two numbers..
..What will it be good for ?" Once again, I am COMPLETELY lost.

"I think it's related with the word given by Paul." at least this sentence is clear....

"The number I got is F00T.
How can I express F00T to number.
..to number?"
I have no idea what "to number" entails. Does that mean just the first letter? The entire word? The sum of all the digits? What the hell...

anyway I get it wrong and :

"I put the nunber, It goes back to the first" spell check people! Also, that 'i' in 'it' doesn't need a capital :wah:

#12 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:01 AM

Designed to take 3 hours? Jesus, that's ridiculous. That explains the absurd wait times for events in the GX quest.

But if you go into the sorcerer quest prepared - with the items you need already at hand (100+ of each stone) - it takes maybe 30 mins total. Meanwhile the GX quest is "run around talk to NPCs WAIT ONE HOUR FOR AN EVENT TO HAPPEN fail five times wait 10 minutes after each failure to try again WAIT THREE HOURS FOR AN EVENT TO HAPPEN" So there's an imbalance here already. I can't speak for other quests, but I know the length of the GX quest is artificially extended by the wait times. Without those, it would probably take half an hour if you know what you're doing.

took me 5 hours at the end x_x.. GX so far is one to be force lenghty =S

#13 TheGuindo

TheGuindo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:55 AM

If your 99 Scholar is worth anything, you'd know how to keep yourself alive when monsters are coming near you.

Some of us play battle type and don't have those particular skills. It doesn't make us worthless, it makes us unable to survive around monsters 30~40 levels higher than we are. My Scholar doesn't have any "hold monsters back" type skills because he's designed to face them head-on, so those skills would be a waste of skill points I can spend more effectively elsewhere.

took me 5 hours at the end x_x.. GX so far is one to be force lenghty =S

It took me three days cuz I had to wait for one of the NPCs to be put back in =T but grabbing Estillda took me over two hours because I kept failing, which is totally inexcusable imo.

#14 EmBuSaRo

EmBuSaRo

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:25 AM

I'm having a minor glitch with the Ranger quest. The first NPC at the beginning doesn't talk to me unless I close the client and come back. It seems to only happen whenever I just come from Alberta to Turtle Island.

#15 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:17 AM

The sorcerer job change quest was among the easiest I tried.

Genetic have the easiest test, actually. xD The only thing you really need to kill were 100 Poison Spores trapped in a cage using Cart Revo. The rest is just talking to the NPCs inside the place and poke around clickable spots.

Also, one thing that happened to a guildie of mine, she got 2 of her reagents from one of the npcs. So maybe it's not really needed to go to different npcs. I haven't attempted this myself. And I also can't really remember what the npc said if it were misleading as far as not needing to go to all 4 of the npcs. I just remember it saying needing 3 reagents.

The NPC stated that you can get up to 2 reagents in the same spot and you only need 3. He also said off a rare chance your "lower" graded stones get turn into a "upper" graded one upon failing to communicate with the spirits. If needed, I have screenshot of the dialogs saved. (Bad habit of mine to screenshot all quest dialogs for later reference.) Maybe it's the Engrish that made it so hard to understand? :T

I'm stuck on Shadow Chaser Quest for the second day.... I've tried every combination and looked at guides Key word is foot...

I guess I don't quite understand what it's asking me to do...

Yeah, that step was rather hard to understand and I had to actually go read somewhere else for hint... (It also make me start to feel that our script was translated from cRO's due to the similarity.) Let me see...

For that step, you're gonna need to go back to the first "question" you got and how you solved that. For convinience, here's the graph:

Spoiler

The code is FOOT, not F00T. Not sure why the quest dialog starts going zero-zero on you instead of oh-oh.

Since it asks for "[ ] [ ]" so it's a 2 digit number they want. Adding the 4 double digit numbers you get would result in a triple digit number, so you need to add each number individually. (Like for F it'd be 1221 which is 2+1.)

Should work from there on.

Edited by Miyuki, 18 September 2010 - 11:45 AM.

#16 Stalkerness

Stalkerness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:32 AM

nvm this bit.
Spoiler

there was no mention in the arch bishop one as to what you were supposed to actually do other than go to the spots on the map. I only found out you had to keep the Valkyrie out from another player. The quests really shouldn't be this vague where you are just taking stabs in the dark as to what you are supposed to be doing.

When i did it, the valkyrie specifically said that i needed to summon her incarnation during the test. It was near the end of the 25+ screen long dialogue, did you enter spam it without reading?

http://irowiki.org/~... Renewal075.jpg
http://irowiki.org/~... Renewal076.jpg

Edited by Stalkerness, 18 September 2010 - 11:53 AM.

#17 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:44 AM

I've heard from other people... that even if you solve the puzzle correctly, the quest does not advance.

The correct answer is:

Spoiler

It depends on how you made your letter chart on the first step. The way I did it, with K being the one that sticks out, works for getting the correct answer, but if you have F as the sticking out letter on the first line then it'll be totally messed up.

For FOOT, using my chart, it'll result in:
Spoiler

#18 Stalkerness

Stalkerness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:51 AM

Ahh, you're right, i copied one of the O's over wrong... (but somehow not the other.)

#19 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:17 PM

When i did it, the valkyrie specifically said that i needed to summon her incarnation during the test. It was near the end of the 25+ screen long dialogue, did you enter spam it without reading?

http://irowiki.org/~... Renewal075.jpg
http://irowiki.org/~... Renewal076.jpg

No, I read that, and by your screenshots, it clearly says "you can" which to me at least doesn't imply that you have to do it...but that wasn't my problem anyway because I summoned it anyway, the biggest part of the thing is it doesn't tell you that you have to kill the second nightmare, like someone else mentioned. Honestly after doing it the first time and having my Valkyrie die because of how absolutely weak it is, I was trying to just rush through the map without bothering to kill stuff other than the Valkyries, without wasting more time than I needed to and having to do it over since you have to wait so long for someone else to finish it. I'm also not sure that why instead of having a chat room like other quests do for starting, it's completely random with whoever clicks the valk npc the fastest. The only things I saw during the quest that it said I had to do were go to the spots on the map, kill the Valkyrie, find the pipe pieces, and to put away my Valkyrie after killing the first valk.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I did the quest blind and the NPC made it very clear to me that you only needed 3 different regeants and that each spot only gave one type - ie, you only need to go to three spots.

Maybe I read it wrong or just forgot, but I don't remember seeing it mention that I only had to go to 3 different spots. And if it really is only 3, the 4th one could at least say you don't need to be there or something instead of you just sitting there until you give up because you've wasted 700+ stones. It reminds of how you waste hammers and furnaces on blacksmiths when you don't have the other materials instead of the game stopping you from wasting time/money/effort senselessly. The quest window doesn't say you only need to visit three either. If nothing else, it would be nice if the quest window mentioned this at least.

#20 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:32 PM

If your 99 Scholar is worth anything, you'd know how to keep yourself alive when monsters are coming near you.

As far as I know, sages can go to 3rd class too...so please, save the higher-than-thou attitude.

#21 Stalkerness

Stalkerness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:13 PM

No, I read that, and by your screenshots, it clearly says "you can" which to me at least doesn't imply that you have to do it...but that wasn't my problem anyway because I summoned it anyway,

"After you summon my impersonation...." in the second screenshot; I do not consider that a conditional option.

the biggest part of the thing is it doesn't tell you that you have to kill the second nightmare, like someone else mentioned.

I don't recall if it said to or not. After going to the first spot marked on my minimap, and being attacked by an undead valkyrie, and killing it, *and* having that be the correct sequence of actions... I assumed it was natural to repeat previous behavior when confronted with another marker on my minimap, and another undead valk attacking me. Perhaps I am odd.

Also in the second screenshot, "Maybe it'll be spread in the shrine"... obviously terrible english but it definitely points to Broken Pipes being in several locations.

I'm also not sure that why instead of having a chat room like other quests do for starting, it's completely random with whoever clicks the valk npc the fastest.

I agree with this completely.

#22 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 18 September 2010 - 03:50 PM

Maybe I read it wrong or just forgot, but I don't remember seeing it mention that I only had to go to 3 different spots. And if it really is only 3, the 4th one could at least say you don't need to be there or something instead of you just sitting there until you give up because you've wasted 700+ stones.

Posted Image

I do agree they need a better translation and maybe write those info in the quest log though. The log itself just asks you to "tour the dungeons".

Edited by Miyuki, 18 September 2010 - 03:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users