#1 HeroByChance

HeroByChance

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

What would be better for RC with hunterfly cards? Assuming they are both +9 the spec jur has 108 watk and the jur has 152 watk. Is the extra card worth it or would the slight increase in damage, which would mean bigger heals, be better?

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

When using hunter fly cards, I think you're better off eating the crap damage from the Spec Jur - See calcs below. This is also the only time that spec jurs don't belong in the trashcan, btw.

Hunterfly cards stack in the best possible way you could wish they did:

3 HFC's = 9% chance to regain 45% of damage dealt as HP (14% to regain 53% of damage as HP if using RWH too), for 4.05% or 7.42% of total damage back as HP.

4 HFC's = 12% chance to regain 60% of damage deals as HP (17% to regain 68% of damage as HP w/RWH too), for 7.2% or 11.56% of total damage back as HP.

So, if you won't use a RWH, the jur would need to do 77% more damage to be better than the spec jur for HP regen.
With a RWH, the threshold is 55.7%.

My guess is, the damage difference would be 20-25%.

On the other hand, if you are using this as your only weapon when RC'ing, and not switching, then it's trickier - because you might want the 20% damage more than the increased hp regen'ed (after accounting for the damage difference, it'd be ~45% without rwh, 30% with, assuming 20% more damage with jur). But that's the tradeoff. 20-25% damage (in my estimation - you can test with your specific build vs the monsters you want to kill using uncarded jur and spec jur to confirm) versus (1.77 / (1.20-1.25) or 1.55/(1.20-1.25) - substitute the actual damage % in there if you test it and get hard numbers for damage difference.

#3 raeodor

raeodor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

I gotta say, Im using a quad malicious and its great survivability. But its strength is also a weakness.. You get plenty of health from it.......most of the time. The downside is low damage. About 1400-1500 per RC in magma. and if you mob big enough (15 or more) you are probably gonna bite it because it takes so many hits and for some reason the proc isnt high enough with that many. Would be interested in trying 3 just for the extra damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users