A humble suggestion to those who plan to play on the pre-renewal server - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

A humble suggestion to those who plan to play on the pre-renewal server

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#51 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:06 AM

well besides the fact that woe is gonna be non trans only first we won't have trans update by the time woe starts.

and you can say that so surely because??

Who cares about bombers if there aren't 10 biochems with hammers instacasting every WoE?

And as mentioned earlier, if they manage to keep the bot population low, acid bombs will be in scarce supply.

hahaha yeh right. hammer or no hammer number of bombers always mattered to show guild strength. valk guild was famous for its bombsquad .

#52 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Classic & Valkyrie

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:09 AM

I have already spread the word and I'm proud to announce you that Cool But Angry is coming to iRO Pre-renewal
WoE, PvP, TvT, High End PvM, MvP & hardcore leveling
We are recruiting: http://cba-guild.mo-rpg.com/

#53 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9783 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:10 AM

maybe we should have 2 woes... sat for trans class and wed for non trans class... that way its fun for everyone and balanced too

#54 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

People should keep in mind that a lot of older issues with pre-renewal will probably not exist with the absence of millions of god items and mvp cards.

As for the grind, I honestly don't care what the exp is going to be like. However I would like an active server and if a higher rate makes more people play, then maybe that is a good idea.

As for spreading the word, it's already been spread like wildfire. I've had tons of MSNs over the weekend about this server alone, not to mention facebook posts and other random forum posts. Making people aware of the server will happen, what is more concerning is how the server will be setup and how issues such as bots are handled.

Edited by Hrishi, 12 June 2012 - 06:22 AM.

#55 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:25 AM

People should keep in mind that a lot of older issues with pre-renewal will probably not exist with the absence of millions of god items and mvp cards.

As for the grind, I honestly don't care what the exp is going to be like. However I would like an active server and if a higher rate makes more people play, then maybe that is a good idea.

As for spreading the word, it's already been spread like wildfire. I've had tons of MSNs over the weekend about this server alone, not to mention facebook posts and other random forum posts. Making people aware of the server will happen, what is more concerning is how the server will be setup and how issues such as bots are handled.

omg were gonna blow msn up and yes a lot of people want to know about bots and how that is going to work.

#56 Tim123

Tim123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:30 AM

Would keep both sides of fans of prerenewal happy by allowing Trans Woe and NonTrans Woe on separate days.

The Grind to 99 appeals to PVMers. I agree. But the majority of the WOErs and PVPers didnt enjoy the grind. Why else would we start up a TKM and whip him into shape for Thors. It wasnt because we enjoyed heating it up. We were leeching our chars to 99 as fast as possible, no downtime just lots of pots, to get our butts to WOE. We built reg knights with high dex just to be able to pierce our way to 99 ASAP. Regular archers got shipped to Thors ASAP for ridiculous xp.

But I digress. Pretty sure either way this problem is going to be solved. Manuals will definitely be in the cash shop. So all of us are just going to shell out to burn through to 99 so that we can just WOE. Others who enjoy PVM, will enjoy it at their own pace.

Im really rooting for this last chance heimdaddy has.

#57 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:18 AM

7. Pre-Renewal is OLD, why you want OLD? RO is a different breed than just about any other game out there, so few games have had as a huge of a game play change as renewal. It really could be a separate game, and we want to take advantage of that. Yes official updates would be limited, but we are a very firm believer that expanding maps means less than expanding activities. There are tons of stories that can be developed and told in a pre-renewal server, plus it is a very stable build. We have more options with that pre-renewal server than we did when we were actually in pre-renewal. The server will be item mall served, but it won't be the same options as Ymir, Yggdrasil, Valkyrie have. There also will be adjustments to item acquirement to address the economy issue BEFORE it becomes an issue. At the start, no WoE until we get a bunch of 99s. The server will start without Trans quest being available, this is so we can get many up to 99 before implementing that, and also let the server growth determine when updates occur. The game "physics" will be 13.2, but the towns, quests monsters etc will be much earlier. There are tons of towns and maps that were under utilized, we want to bring the core game experience to you without adding repetitive content that just spreads it all out, updates do not equal new maps. The server will grow in its story as time goes by, giving us and our community a chance to develop story arcs that can be explored that just aren't possible on the Renewal system. Morroc isn't destroyed, that is 1 big difference to begin with, the "epic tier" gears like Randgris and Morocc and Nidhoggur drops won't be available at all or for a very long time, and their acquirement may be changed.

@Zinja this is where i get that from. no trans yet.

Edited by Niji, 12 June 2012 - 07:18 AM.

#58 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:24 AM

thanks , yeah i read that to but didnt quite believe it, because there is many a slip between the lip and cup. and give iRO's vast history of sudden slap on the face changes that skrew player effort . id wait till it actually starts to see how it goes .
1. I am sure bots are going to ruin every thing.
2 . I dont believe it would actually work out without the transe class opening up at server start and with 13.1 physics. because 13.1 is post veins
3 . Also I am really sure any effort you make trying to get rares or such will survive only to the next item mall event/ lucky box event

i would also like for you to try to grasp the implications of what it means in the same quote you posted

The server will be item mall served,

#59 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:36 AM

thanks , yeah i read that to but didnt quite believe it, because there is many a slip between the lip and cup. and give iRO's vast history of sudden slap on the face changes that skrew player effort . id wait till it actually starts to see how it goes .
2 . I dont believe it would actually work out without the transe class opening up at server start and with 13.1 physics. because 13.1 is post veins
3 . Also I am really sure any effort you make trying to get rares or such will survive only to the next item mall event/ lucky box event

i would also like for you to try to grasp the implications of what it means in the same quote you posted

that worrys me some...i have to admit, but i do think heim is trying his hardest, with this server, to not ruin things. but yeah we are gonna have to support it. and i will keep saying vip till i turn blue!

but exactly how do you propose they make money if there is no money there is no game nobody is going to p2p anymore vip meh we'll see but still that won't support the servers so how do you plan on supporting the game.

Edited by Niji, 12 June 2012 - 07:40 AM.

#60 Zodiac89

Zodiac89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:39 AM

Thank you for telling me something I already knew. Everyone realizes that in this time and age any official RO server will have an item mall.

But we don't know yet whether the server will be F2P or VIP/P2P based yet. Don't make any assumptions just yet. I honestly don't know yet, and neither do you. So let's wait for the official information and see how this develops. A'ight?

Edited by Zodiac89, 12 June 2012 - 07:39 AM.

#61 Maux

Maux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

I appreciate your optimism.
But you are assuming a lot of things by your own even tho Heim said otherwise.
So I would rather stick to what heim said instead of your doomed opinion about everything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users