Pros and Cons between the Blacksmith and Alchemist classes? - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Pros and Cons between the Blacksmith and Alchemist classes?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Dizzerp

Dizzerp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:44 AM

Can someone link me to something like this? I picked merchant but I'm unsure which side I would want to go.

#2 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

mechs are more support when they arent trying to aoe one shot everyone with suicide
genetics are more of a long range offensive and crippling class

blacksmith and whitesmith are easier to lvl then alchemist and biochemist
but genetics are easier to level then mechanics

#3 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

Nothing can beat biochemist at leveling once it has acid bomb at level10, if you know what i mean.

#4 Dizzerp

Dizzerp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

Is there a place I can read up on merchant stats/skills? I'm considering going alchemist but I would like to know where to place stats before I make a mistake.

#5 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

For genetic: http://forums.warppo...-genetic-guide/
For mechanic: http://www.valkplaye...om/?page_id=402

Do note, me and budd are experienced end-game players. So we do see things from the point of view of being able to get what you want/need to be successful.

This works into a good starting point for understanding skills from merchants. http://irowiki.org/wiki/Merchant
Mechanic Skill Information and More Genetic Skill Information
Skill Simulator

#6 Dizzerp

Dizzerp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:57 AM

Thanks for the information. I doubt I'd be playing so much to be a massive PVP/WoEr so I guess I would go for a build to killing monsters. unfortunately I have 10 agi. Should I just remake my merchant or go with it? my stats right now are here.

Posted Image

#7 Gemeinschaft

Gemeinschaft

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:39 AM

I picked blacksmiths because they are cheaper (axe smiths are anyway, haven't tried the MADO) in general than alchemists.

I don't want to spend days farming or get ripped off by venders selling potions reagents.

Geneticists require even more consumables to get the most out of the class but you cannot deny how super effective this class is with what it does.
Also as a Geneticist you'll most likely get invited for parties doing PvM stuff like ET more than a Mechanic. It is sad but true.

When leveling my character, going AGI STR DEX really helped especially if you are going blacksmith route.

#8 Dizzerp

Dizzerp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

would 1.2mil be decent for an aspiring alchemist? I heard it costs a bit to become one so I'm just making sure I have good money for later levels by selling white potions at 950 zeny each.

#9 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

ive never found reselling items as effective... i also dont have the patience lol... personally i prefer hunting x item and selling it
1.2m for starting off is alot more then i had near anytime when i started lol... so gj with that

youre non trans so dont worry about your build too much, but youre definitely on the right track to making your life easier... experiment a bit... but for leveling a non trans youre gonna want about 50 dex and vit, 80 str and agi... you can do watever with the rest of the stats... this will make leveling easier until youre ready to trans...

when you trans you want to make a more specific build (unless you dont mind spending real money to reset), high dex and high int for genetic, high str and vit for mechanic... sadly both are pretty annoying to level till lv100, though once youre lv100 and become a genetic, its MUCH easier to level with then a mechanic

Edited by Astraeos, 12 June 2012 - 03:12 PM.

#10 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

If you got pro equips, Biochemist levels 1000x faster than Mastersmith.... That EXP from MvPs especially on double EXP is so much better than TI exp.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 12 June 2012 - 03:20 PM.

#11 kentoriyama

kentoriyama

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

If you got pro equips, Biochemist levels 1000x faster than Mastersmith.... That EXP from MvPs especially on double EXP is so much better than TI exp.

Easiest way to make a brewer right there. On Detard my 99 biochem (before I reset to brewer) with 74 base str and 4 base int, was doing 100k+ bombs. I was using HF and GMG, that's pretty much it.

Edited by kentoriyama, 12 June 2012 - 03:41 PM.

#12 Dizzerp

Dizzerp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:39 AM

If I make a Genetic for WoE Purposes, can i still do MVPs efficiently or will I have troubles?

#13 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:02 AM

If I make a Genetic for WoE Purposes, can i still do MVPs efficiently or will I have troubles?

Yeah. There's only one good genetic build, and it works for WoE and MVP

#14 Dizzerp

Dizzerp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

Yeah. There's only one good genetic build, and it works for WoE and MVP

Can you link me to it? so I at least have it when I get to that part.

#15 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

high str
no agi
100 vit
high int
high dex
no luk

#16 Dizzerp

Dizzerp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:21 AM

high str
no agi
100 vit
high int
high dex
no luk

I meant skillwise. sorry for not being specific. It seems like Merchant is really linear so that doesn't matter. right now I'm job 41 and I might change at 45 since levelling the vending skill isn't necessary.

Is there a guide on potion usage? Right now I have 1243 max HP and am using red potions still since it's the cheapest but I'd like to know if there's a better usage of higher ones or just use whites.

#17 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:55 AM

skill build for when you trans: http://irowiki.org/~...qsrdaXafqBadIn1
as for leveling, if you can get cart revo itll go alot faster... i typically just stock up on fresh fish and mob up and use cart revo (not exactly cost effective, but fast)... this may hurt your bank tho

as for pot usage... fresh fish is very cost effective, you can buy them in alberta just left of the dock of the big boat at the top...
if you have umbalas spirit and hell dog accessories, meat also becomes extremely cost effective as well... meat can be bought in izlude

#18 Dizzerp

Dizzerp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:46 AM

as for leveling, if you can get cart revo itll go alot faster... i typically just stock up on fresh fish and mob up and use cart revo (not exactly cost effective, but fast)... this may hurt your bank tho

as for pot usage... fresh fish is very cost effective, you can buy them in alberta just left of the dock of the big boat at the top...
if you have umbalas spirit and hell dog accessories, meat also becomes extremely cost effective as well... meat can be bought in izlude

Thanks. I don't have any high tier items though. I'm using stuff from the Eden quests and it's been going pretty good. I tried mobbing orcs and using cart revo on them but I couldn't catch up with the red pots and would usually die.

The skill build and info on the fresh fish is also appreciated.

#19 Dizzerp

Dizzerp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

I have a question[s] about the Homunculi.

Is it random which one I get? Is there a preferred one for alchemists? Is there anything special that I should know about before even summoning one?

#20 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

the prefered one is vani, its pretty random... stats do affect which comes out more but the pull isnt great enough to say 'im going to get x in less then 5 tries'

because homons are considered mobs theyre exp is not effected by the level curve, so theyll always get the same exp from a particular monster.. but the exp you recieve from the homon kill will be adjusted to your level

#21 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

Why do you have him changing at job 42 in that build???

I would also recomend a bit that you Max Mammonite and drop OC/DC by 1 each (only a 1% diff) or one by 2. If you really really want to change job early then drop one entirely as you can easily make another merch as a OC/DC slave.

Yeah I really need to see if I can start MVPing on my Bio as he sucks lvling at 82 with Cart Rev now.

What Equips would you need for MVPing at my level and which mvps? 82 Bio with ABomb Maxed Also will be hunting solo.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 15 June 2012 - 09:35 PM.

#22 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

i shoulda been more specific... those are just neccessary points... he should go job 50 and get watever else he wants... i dont use mamo usually as its a waste of points, slower leveling use, and you stop using it the instant you get cc, but good if you arent trans...

for bio i went to brasilis and did it up there till 85~ then switched to dark priests and TIs, theres probably something more effecient then what i did till ti range... you might also be able to bomb out lower leveled mvps with the summoner... srsly, biochemists are a pain in the ass to level

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users