Ethro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

Hey guys imma kinda "new" to the game for me the last time active played was back in the Juno Patch on euRO...

now i started again and played the thing i liked the most back then a monk...
i was impressed about the new champ skills cuz i liked the combo skillz...

so now 2days ago i changed finaly to sura but yeah...

i kinda suck at lvling atm i read they sticky guide above in this forum but its kinda outdated due to several patches... thats what i read hope i dont missunderstood sumthing..

so now to my problem the guide says try to lvl at nogg road so i went there yesterday with a HP and everything was fine but today i lost like 20% to fails.. i smash the pot/sky blow button like crazy when i mob arround but most times i die and thats kinda frustrating cuz i spent sum money on the character...

maybe a sura with experience could help me out.... cuz if there is nothing i think i have to stick to the damn boring hey imma sura i can tank ur nogg or TI -_- and thats not the thing i wanted to play =/

for further informations...

This is my characterPosted Image

and this is my current skill build
http://irowiki.org/~...aFqnsOl8dn1fUcY

i allready used my free reset so if someone suggest a reset for sum reasons i gotta get sum reset stones...

i would be glad if someone with exp could help me out

cheers from germany

Rising Fist

#2 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

Wow, that thread title is just asking to be trolled. Especially with all the sura hate around here. Must resist...

I know very little of suras, but just as general game information, are you wearing a shield that will add resistance to some of the nogg monsters? They're several different races so it makes it complicated. Dragon, demon, etc races. Platinum shield works okay and is cheap.

Also hate to break it to you but leveling a sura at higher levels sucks even more. A sura is pretty deadly if not the most deadly in pvp / woe so it's kind of fair they get a hard time in pvm. You might as well start getting used to being a slave mental strength tank (and sometimes walk too slow and get left behind by parties).

I hear tiger cannon might be useable for solo leveling at higher levels but it's pretty hard to use and kills your hp too apparently.

#3 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

Perhaps you're being too ambitious with mobs? Try to tackle smaller ones, like ~6 monsters large. You definitely shouldn't have any problem surviving, even if the exp will come in a little more slowly. Also, maybe you can try maxing Windmill and using that on the mob before using Sky Blow: it's not for damage, but rather to stun some of the monsters, thus softening the damage you take.

Although the sticky is outdated, it's still certainly reliable. The basic idea is to use Sky Blow until around your 120's, then utilize another skill, which would most likely be Rampage Blaster (with maxed Rising Dragon). Lightning Ride used to be excellent, but it got nerfed now. I'm not sure about Tiger Cannon, but it seems like it would work fine, although I'm sure you'd need to use pots to deal with the massive HP cost. I think Rampage Blaster is the best choice after Sky Blow starts getting too weak.

Btw, I can't see the picture of the character you posted. But judging from your ROPD (stalker, lolol) you aren't wearing a shield. The poster above me gave some good suggestions. That would help a lot. If you can afford it, a Hodremlin Card is probably one of the best general purpose shield cards in the game. If you want something super cheap, buy a Stone Buckler and a Sky Petite Card. On Ygg, it will be less than 300k.

Edited by mintypudding, 11 June 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#4 Ethro

Ethro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:51 AM

You might as well start getting used to being a slave mental strength tank (and sometimes walk too slow and get left behind by parties).

yeah thats exactly the thing imma doing all day long doing ms slave in nogg or TI... and the part of to slow i dunno but most times the only ones who keep up with me is my healer(guildmate) and a ranger friend everyone else is go like brain afk zombie or just leech wich kinda breed sum hate inside of mee cuz them are complaining hey bro u are way to fast.... right the slow walking ms tank is to slow for u peco/dragon/gryphon riding jerk =(

thanks for the tips i try to get a hodremlin card for my stone buckler or i just try to get a valkyrian shield someone said that to me ingame

#5 twotails

twotails

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Server:ygg

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:53 AM

get a rwh a nid grab and a cara mace with two hunter fly cards if u had windmill id say use that frist then sky blow thats more or less how i lved my sura there

#6 Ethro

Ethro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:11 AM

i have the carga(+5) with 2 hunter fly cards but now my money is kinda full burned to 3m left.... are there any optionts to a rwh and a nid grab? besides i have two job lvls left till i get windmill =)

#7 twotails

twotails

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:37 AM

if u can get +9 of them that would help alot but other than that there r some pets like suck and incu. thats the ezy way to lv there other than that get a AB or a SOC to party with u. the AB can heal and buff u wich will save u on sp and hp iteams the soc can endwo and give sp to u thats the best i can think of right now to help u out

#8 twotails

twotails

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:47 AM

i just remabered if nogg is still to much for u. you can always go grind on kolbolts they give good exp for new 3rd class char

#9 Gwolla

Gwolla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

Triple malicious lunakalino is better than carga mace for nogg.
More HP restore, the loss in dmg is neglectable.

Windmill isn't gonna save u btw. Combination of skyblow and windmill is required.
Cause u will stun a few monsters, but never enough somehow :P

#10 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationWhere Purple Drank is King
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:You know that one server

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

Windmill is best combo with RPB or LR when it was good. Sorry to say but sura's are a expensive class to play even more now it honestly depends on your equips and zenny to how fast you will level. Goodluck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users