Proposal for Divest Helm/Full Divestment - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Proposal for Divest Helm/Full Divestment

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:56 AM

I would like to propose that the Rogue skill Divest Helm and the Stalker skill Full Divestment get updated. When the class and skills were first implemented, there was no such thing as a slotted middle headgear. iRO may have had some, but kRO made it very clear that slotted middle headgears were NOT supposed to be in game. At the time, middle headgears did little to help the player aside from adding maybe1 Defense point at best. I'm sure the when Divest Helm was first conceived, no one saw a reason for it to remove more than just the top headgear, because that was where the only "useful" gear and cards would be. Maya Purple Cards were balanced by the fact that, if you were good enough, you could remove the headgear of the person that had one, thus allowing the Assassins and Rogues on your team to more easily infiltrate opposing guild castles.

As things currently stand, any player who has a Maya Purple carded middle headgear can always see hidden players. I do not feel that this was the intent of the developers, and is an unintended and broken feature. What I suggest to remedy this problem is to update Divest Helm and Full Divestment to remove equipment from ALL headgear slots upon success. This will be a reasonable balance in light of all the extremely powerful middle and lower headgears that are now becoming available.

I wanted to post this here in order to get some feedback, but I have every intention of sending a ticket in to the GM Team to forward to the development team in Korea. If anyone can think of a better way to frame the argument, feel free to add your comments. If you disagree, feel free to add your comments as well. I honestly cannot see how anyone could be against this aside from their own selfish desires.

#2 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:59 AM

I say divest should not be removed upon logout but curable with Clearance/Dispel. That would make it balanced. <3

#3 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

That's definitely something else to add. They can make it work for Divest Accessory, I don't see why they shouldn't update all of the other Divest skills as well.

#4 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

Bump for relevance to WoE possibly being updated in regard to portal casting.

#5 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

Heck,even Divest Accessory would work on this. Glasses are accessories at all.

The problem on divest accessory is how the skill can't be dispelled. Logout, death, nothing removes the skill.

#6 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

Heck,even Divest Accessory would work on this. Glasses are accessories at all.

The problem on divest accessory is how the skill can't be dispelled. Logout, death, nothing removes the skill.

And frankly I think that's how it was originally intended to work. I don't think that they accidentally made divest accessory last the full five minutes without being able to cure it. It's kind of like how you used to be able to get around the Urgent Recall 5 min timer by relogging. I honestly think that they just didn't think about the older divest skills when they were correcting and updating things.
As for how divest accessory works, I don't see that as a problem, but how the old divest skills were originally intended to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users