#1 TheGuindo

TheGuindo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:43 PM

So, testing out adoption on Renewal, I've noticed that the exp the baby character gains while sharing with parents is scaled to the baby character's level the same way it would be in a normal even-share party. This is probably intentional, but I'm not sure why. It's true they'll still level very quickly following their parents around in a high-level area, but it takes a lot longer. I ran a level 10 swordie to Niff and was gaining 100~200 exp a kill, compared to my parents gaining ~600.

Was baby leeching really such a huge issue that one of the main perks of the class needed to be nerfed liked that?

If you're going to make it harder for baby characters to leech their way to high levels quickly, will you consider removing the -50% success rate on blacksmith and alchemist crafting rates? I know that was there to prevent powerleveling pure craft builds quickly, but now it's become more difficult to do that so the penalty doesn't make any sense.

#2 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:11 PM

I think the idea is that power leveling as a whole is removed. No specific power leveling groups were singled out.

So in your example, take those two powerhouse parents and kill stuff closer to the babies level. They can still share exp, which is the main point.

#3 TheGuindo

TheGuindo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:06 AM

Yeah, it just seems strange to me since...that was one of the main selling points of the baby class.

And I really think that if they're going to nerf babies' ability to powerlevel, they need to reconsider the crafting penalty, since it's only there to discourage people from making adopted crafting classes just to powerlevel to a useful level.

Also, wouldn't forcing the parents to kill stuff at the baby's level accomplish the opposite of what the new exp scale was trying to do? High level parents would be encouraged to kill in lower level areas if they wanted to help their babies powerlevel, and you know the system is going to get used that way.

#4 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:49 AM

thats true it was the main point for them previously, and tbh with the hp/sp/stat restrictions i really dont think they should have other restrictions put on them in renewal.

#5 Pineyman

Pineyman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationiRO Chaos - sitting bored at west pront.
  • Server:chaos

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:28 PM

I would of though the no death penalty skill was the main perk of the baby for the parents >.>

#6 TheGuindo

TheGuindo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:49 PM

Yes but the exp share was the main perk of the baby for the baby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users