I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:25 AM

LEAVE COMMENTS & SUGGESTIONS DON'T JUST READ - SIGN UP FOR THE FORUMS

Feel free to contact me in-game: Serah or Jaximus
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Stats
  • Bigger bonus from Wisdom towards Mana.The costs of potions can get expensive, yes, but healers everywhere seem to be complaining about Mana deficiency.
  • Added another stat to increase critical rating, remove it from agility. And what is KT? Rename it to critical. Rangers shouldn't only need 1 stat to focus on. They, like all other classes, should be based around 2 stats. This keeps rangers from becoming ridiculously overpowered resulting in DPS balance between the ranger and mage classes. This would also give warriors and future class additions another play style.
  • Remove physical defense bonus from agility and move it to another stat. Strength would be one option, but my suggestion is vitality. Vitality currently has 1 purpose. Increasing hit points. But as I said, strength is another option. This way tanks can focus on 2 stat builds instead of 3.
  • NO Attack speed increase from stats! - for all people out there wanting it added via agility, bad idea. It's already a random stat I've seen on a few items I have picked up. It exists. If needed, I will post more detailed information on why it's a bad idea. The reason I post this is because my suggestion is AGAINST the suggestion I have heard from other people.
2. Items / Loot System / Trading changes
  • I thought this was most important so I moved it to the top of this list (Please see 2nd post for detailed suggestion as posted by Mirokuma) :

Items have too much text when the mouse is hovered over them. It's too much information, too small of text, and it requires the user to read through a lot of stuff (some of which doesn't matter).

(On post below, added commas between stats for better clarity, sorry Mirokuma for editing the quote)
  • Allow different loot options: Change roll type to need before greed (CLASS SPECIFIC) so players who can USE said items that are being rolled on get the first dibs, and players who cannot use said items cannot select NEED. This is to prevent account-bound items in a party from falling into the wrong hands. Also, allow a "pass" option for those who don't want the items.
  • Property (received once unpacked) sounds dumb and isn't very self-explanatory. Change it to binding on equip/pickup.
  • Purple items tradable. There's no reason that a warrior who obtains loot that is of no use to him shouldn't be able to trade it with someone for one he/she may need. This also falls into the roll type category. There's no reason it should be forcing players to miss out on something useful in a dungeon with a party because the other players who have no use for it were forced to roll with them.
  • Allow players who find gold and loot laying around that hasn't been picked up for set-period of time (1 minute) to have a shot at obtaining this loot whether in the loot owners party or not. Never know when you might find something useful that someone didn't pick up because they were overloaded in the inventory or just not interested.
  • Increase the noticeability of the loot you can pick up. The small aura/glow that loot for you gives off is not very visible at certain distances and settings. A lot of party players skip over loot they didn't know was theirs. Give it a green aura or something and make it brighter. Something that looks different.
  • Make all crafting items (ie: Flowers, Iron etc...) tradable (Submitted by Galinka)
3. Mercenary System changes.
  • Allow players to enter a variable for the length of time (in hours) they wish to be available for hire. Change fees accordingly. This is so players who work part-time or sleep oddly or whatever the case may be, can come home / wake up and be able to log back in and play instead of finding out they're toon is rented for the next "X" amount of time.
  • Allow players to set an amount of time to be hired for at any given point. Instead of forcing the time hired to be 2 hours, allow them to lease themselves out for an hour or a half hour.
  • Change the pricing of hiring a mercenary to an amount/hour rate and allow players to see how long the mercenary character is still available for and let them select the amount of time they wish to hire the mercenary for.
  • Account announcements for when you are on an alternate character on the same account, and one of your characters is registered as a mercenary, get a message saying when your mercenary gets hired and ends the time that they were hired for. This way a player can track whether or not their other character is in use or they can switch characters if they want to without having to return to the character select screen to find out.
  • Select from list of mercenary skills what you would want them to use so they don't do useless things.
4. Console / UI
  • Allow any window to be movable by holding left-click and dragging on any part of the window. For instance, bringing up my mercenary window when trying to set my mercenary to use potions, the bottom half of MP is readable on the top of the screen, the rest is cut off. I cannot get my mercenaries to use health potions because that part of the window is off-screen. Changing windowed client sizes, full screen, you name it, doesn't fix it. Resetting the UI does nothing as well for it was like that to begin with.
  • Allow an auto-sort option for storage like the one in the inventory that sorts your items on click.
  • Skill bars should be mobile separately. Have one or two on the side and one on the bottom, or two on the bottom and one on top... Each skill bar its own entity which you can "Enable" or "disable" and make "transparent". You should also be able to swap which direction the bar goes in, be it up-down or left-right, instead of just having them run straight across the screen, having them run along the side for easy access, use, customization, and giving the UI a cleaner look.

I think more Ui customization would be nice, allowing people to fit there game play and how they like to see it.
    maybe have three pre set looks then having the option to move them around after you get the look you like to add even more customization

• Add a crafting window where obtained and read recipes can be stored. I'm sure a lot of the recipes in the game will become a pain to work through finding what you want out of what you might have. Sort the crafting window by level and slot for crafted item.

Would be nice if the craft recipes would go into a skill sheet opposed to just sitting in the inventory.

Lol i do wish there was a crafting window where you had all your recipies

5. Defense Changes
  • How much monsters hurt you seems more based on level than defense.
  • Not many monsters seem to use physical attacks, making physical defense seem useless.

Id like to see the change in the defensive stats, I think its funny, I have thousands upon thousands of defence, Still it almost never affects how much monsters hurt me, Almost 100% use elemental damage, So gear is somewhat useless against them.

6. Quest Changes
  • Change the symbols for available quests from ? to ! and change for quest turn-in from ! to ? (swap them) to prevent confusion from players who have played other games with this.
  • When praying for quests, do not close window upon accepting/turning in a quest and instead have it check for more available quests to choose from. Having to re-open the prayer window to turn in and accept multiple quests over and over is tedious when more than 1 option is available.
  • Quite frankly the quest dialogue is dry and I feel like I'm being yelled at half the time. Whenever I go to pray, half the conversation involves the NPC saying "Shinuna!" (my character's name) in a context where I'm confused as to why my name is being yelled. I'm two feet away.

Quest Rewards
  • Heavenly Tears obtained via the "Quiz" quests should not all be rank 1 Heavenly Tears, and should be made for the level range you are in for possible gears and potions rewarded from them. The "Challenge" part is nice, but the success rate is low, and having opportunity "on chance" to get a "chance" to get something "useful", or even on a chance on a chance on a chance, its pretty outrageous. (EDIT: Make the quest reward rank based on the level the quest was given so players don't wait until they are high level to do them)
7. DUNGEONS / INSTANCES
  • When doing an expert dungeon, the mobs in the low level area are re-leveled to higher levels, yet no loot drops from them even if you are in loot range for that level of monster. A level 20 running Temple dungeon on Expert should be able to obtain loot from the first mobs up to the previously "inaccessable" area from the Normal dungeon, seeing as they are now in level range. I have noticed this in all of the currently available "Normal" and "Expert" dungeons, so I'm going to put a bet that that's how it will work for ALL dungeons.
8. Graphics
  • Some of the cleric abilities are extremely bright. It's almost like looking at a mini sun on my screen. If we could tone the brightness down on those a bit, that'd be great!

9. RVR
  • Having no deaths left makes you look like a ghost (slightly transparent) is not noticeable enough. I found myself more than not trying to kill people who I was "Unable to attack". My suggestion is to make these players "Invisible" completely to players still able to battle so they cannot be seen or targeted. They run around in the middle of the battle and throw people off. A special "Spectating" mode created when you run out of lives making players not able to see or target you.
  • Players who enter "AFK" mode in RVR should be kicked from the RVR and returned to where they were before entering RVR.
  • Archer Slaves in RVR are annoying. Do something with them. During the RVR that was tested, one faction sat in the middle while the other faction sat behind the Archer Slaves as the Slaves slowly thinned out the winning factions numbers.
  • Deaths from Archer Slaves should not count towards how many deaths until you are a ghost if that's how people are going to abuse the system.
  • Add a time limit to stay in spawn behind the Archer Slaves and under the NPC's protection. Players abuse this to sit back in RVR and gain exp for doing nothing, and other players abuse this as stated in the previous 2 suggestions. Forcing people out forces them to move in a group, adding to their chances of survival and winning instead of sitting back. It will help for a more well balanced RVR system. (Submitted by Coral in game)
XX. CBT Players
  • Added bonus to show off our participation in CBT! Accounts created for CBT obtain special CBT fashion items, a title to display, something to show off in game that we were a part of it. Something EXCLUSIVE (never to be released again) to CBT players.
~~~~~~~~~~More Coming Soon!​~~~~~~~~~~

>>Reserved<<

Edited by TheOnlyTruth, 20 June 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#2 TheOnlyTruth

TheOnlyTruth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:35 AM

Message from diggic below in regards to CBT reward

Items have too much text when the mouse is hovered over them. It's too much information, too small of text, and it requires the user to read through a lot of stuff (some of which doesn't matter).

In reference to the items, a current example is:

Medicus Boots of Recruiting

Shoes

Requires level: 4

Defense: 6

Durability: 99%

---------------------------------

[ Equip/wear limitations ]
Class limit: Cleric
Faction limitation: none

[ Additional Effects ]
Agility: +2
Physical defense: +2
Magical defense: +22

sales price: 11 Attached gold
Soulbound - can't be traded or given away

This is incredibly cumbersome. Perhaps combining some effect bonuses on the same line, various text, and removal of some text is possible? For instance:

Medicus Boots of Recruiting

Shoes
Level: 4
Defense: 6
Durability: 99%
[ Equip/wear limitations ]
Classes: Cleric Faction limitation: none
[ Additional Effects ]
Agility: +2, Physical defense: +2, Magical defense: +22
Price: 11 gold
Soulbound - can't be traded or given away

It's a work in progress, but looks better to me. The "equip/wear limitations" and "additional effects" could even be taken off because they stats below them are kind of self-explanatory.

Posted Image

Edited by TheOnlyTruth, 19 June 2012 - 10:30 PM.

#3 Galinka

Galinka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:Dalphi

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

Id like to see the change in the defensive stats, I think its funny, I have thousands upon thousands of defence, Still it almost never affects how much monsters hurt me, Almost 100% use elemental damage, So gear is somewhat useless against them.

#4 TheOnlyTruth

TheOnlyTruth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

added :)

#5 twotails12

twotails12

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

I would like them to change the quest notifications

! for quest available
? for hand in quest

#6 twotails12

twotails12

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

also purple item trading and auctioning

#7 TheOnlyTruth

TheOnlyTruth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

I understand the ? for quest available because its questioning the npc about the quest, and ! being the turn in for URGENT! QUEST FINISHED! TURN THAT SHIZ IN! But from other games it definitely makes it confusing, so changing it the way you want it only makes logical sense. Will be added in a bit.

Purple items tradable is already under Loot System.

#8 twotails12

twotails12

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

having a craft window to keep your already known recipes in?

#9 twotails12

twotails12

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:16 AM

trading flowers (crafting loot) you cant, but you can put them in auction

#10 TheOnlyTruth

TheOnlyTruth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

I'm actually going to put that last one there in the bug forum as well as on here. I'm sure they were made tradable it just won't let you. Otherwise it wouldn't allow auctioning of said items.

#11 TheOnlyTruth

TheOnlyTruth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

Few more added, lets continue people!

#12 Fayti

Fayti

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

Random item boxes: The random item boxes are quite annoying. As a cleric I managed to get Health potions 80% of the time, Mana potions 15% of the time, warrior gear 4% of the time and jewelry 1% of the time. This is a bit skewed and would be nice to see it shift more towards class specific details. Such as clerics have a higher chance at mana potions vs. hp potions and gear dropped is specific to the class like loot.

Stats: Need to be rounded out more, Yes the wisdom that clerics get needs to boost their MP more, but the derived stats are where the game falls behind. .4% for each wisdom point means that if every level you devote entirely to wisdom your heal will be only triple. The same thing is in place for int. Your magic damage is enhanced by your weapon and a percentage that int gives you.

The skill tree's feel a little sketchy. To get the top tier skills you need to devote a majority of your skill tree without being able to focus on say one or two things. This feels in cohesive to me as I would like the two tree's to be more focused on what they do. For example the cleric tree you have two healing skills you can get from the ENTIRE tree and four damage skills, as well as five debuf skills. These are all scattered about within the tree, so that nothing feels like a standard path. As a small noticeable part, to maximize your buffs you have to rely on 22 points, that’s nearly 1/4th your total leveling points to get all the buffs and max them, this doesn’t include the auras that priests get. You also have several entry points into what could be called the two tree's: (Marked below with an A) Alot of the skills can be condensed because they affect the same damn skill but each level you can reduce the cooldown by x amount or increase some variable by x amount. Why don’t they refine it to condense them into one skill and give us more variety such as a few more interesting heals.

Posted Image

DP rankings. I managed to get to the top 3 in the DP rankings at level 27 by AFKING. I know this is short and a quick beta but seriously come on. AFKing should give a subtle buff not crazy amounts of DP I can then use to make tons of money by buying Maestones?

Posted Image

Maestones: These little buggers are a joke IMO. As a Priest I am constantly casting skills and getting hit. I have two Maestones for when I cast a skill. One of them increases my magic the other increases my defense. For when I get hit I have 7 Maestones that I cant combine or do anything with as I can only have one of the passive buggers that triggers off being hit equipped at a time. Why can I not have two defense triggers equipped at the same time? Why can I not have two that trigger when I cast spells? Also the Maestone boxes are a joke I have gotten nothing good from them save for a defensive Maestone that would be good if the defense stat was worth more then say 20 points of damage per hit for 2000 defense.

Edited by Fayti, 19 June 2012 - 01:17 PM.

#13 Galinka

Galinka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Server:Dalphi

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

As far as Clerics go... Their talents are meant for different stuff, You have to choose to be more DPS, Tanky or to be a heal bot. As far as stats go i feel Wisdom and Int are useless to me, I run out of mana even though i mainly put up int/wis.. I feel stats are quite useless.. That's just me, Attack skills cost 50 - 100 mana while a pretty good heal is 20.. I have around 2.5 - 3k mana, So i don't have too many problems on the mana department.. I just feel like stats need a boost of what they do.

#14 Fayti

Fayti

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

Glainka, The talents though don't focus on more DPS, tanky or healbot. They simply break down into put some stuff everywhere. You cant focus and get the two new heal spells without picking up an additional attack spell and enhancing the crap out of it (Five levels required into the associated Specialization) as well as two debuffs with their own enhancements to go down the tree. Within that tree you are not even buffing your heal spells to get the top tier heal. While I don’t want everyone to be able to max out both paths in their tree, I would like to see some balance between the two trees not what we have now where you can get the best heal and some debufs. Without picking up any healing talents save for the very first talent.

TL;DR: The talent tree's don't allow specialization they make you put points all over the place so you become a jack of all, master of none.

#15 TheOnlyTruth

TheOnlyTruth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

Agreed with Fayti, the talent trees may seem a little "Spot on" but they're really not. Clerics should have specialties, not a hodgepodge of a talent tree. If not 2, then 3 separate specialties. 1 set on the tree should be for healing and buffs. The other set should be for DPS.

Or

1 for healing, 1 for buffing, and 1 for DPS.

#16 TheOnlyTruth

TheOnlyTruth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

Added ui customization as suggested by twotails12.

Fayti, throw in some ideas of "How" to fix the skill trees. I'm definitely looking forward to adding your suggestion to the list, but us players need to work out more of how we want it to be before we can make a suggestion. Otherwise they might not give us what we're looking for and we'd end up with something that looks different but it's just as jumbled.

#17 TheOnlyTruth

TheOnlyTruth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:08 PM

added more as suggested by Mirokuma, new posts not to bump, it's already at the top, but to let people know via bold text on forum list when updated.

#18 jschrader0415

jschrader0415

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

Supported! Not seeing much people are missing.... Talent trees need WORK. Craps ridiculous!

#19 Fayti

Fayti

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

Oh good lord this will take me a bit of time. I have only played cleric for now so I will specialize on that. I will drop some comments on the other tree's but having not played them I could use some help with those. Give me a bit for a full write up of the talents diagrams and too much time on my hands day.

#20 Fayti

Fayti

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

Okay lets start with the skill tree and the colors that make it up.

Posted Image

Yellow: Basic stat enhancements
Green: Healing buffs
Light Blue: Buff enhancements
Dark blue: Debufs
White: New attack skill and skill enhancements

Yellow:
Lets start off with the basic stat enhancements. These are nice and beneficial however they only affect defensive stats. To explain the basic stat enhancements are: 4% physical defense per level (max 5), Critical doge and magic crit doge 4% per level (max 5), Magic Defense 4% per level (Max 5), Healing boost “4%” per level (max 5), Max Mana 4% per level (max 5). Two of these are entry points into their respective tree’s (Max Mana and Heal boost). This seems reasonable in only that the healing tree should have some healing boosting talents. However the issue becomes that the DPS tree can EASILY pick up the healing boost talent thus the idea of it being a specialization being a moot point. The defensive buffs would provide you a +20% to all your defensive stats however this would be at a cost of 20 talent points in an already tight tree so these talents are honestly a joke. If we look at the division of these between the tree’s we have: Heal tree; Heal boost & Def boost, DPS tree: Crit defense boosts, Mana Boost, Magic Def boost. This doesn’t seem to make sense why would you need the more Mana in a DPS tree? Why would you need more crit defense and magic defense in a DPS tree? Perhaps its because this is also ment to be a PVP tree. If that’s the case then it somewhat makes sense as to why it is here, however do these stats help you for PVM, not really. I have seen a monster crit my priest once. Given it did not out right kill me I was able to heal back up and past it.
My suggestion for the basic stat enhancements is to combine them into 15 points worth of levels total. One for the physical defenses (Physical 4% and Physical crit def 4% per level), One for the magical defenses (Magical 4% and magical crit def 4% per level), and healing + mana since that would help out healing clerics a bit more spend five points for a better gain then ten points for crap. Also if the DPS tree wanted to pick up some of the healing buffs they could without too much trouble as they could keep this a first tier healer talent.

Green:
The healing buffs in the talent system are a joke. A simple joke. If we look at the grid above there are a total of 26 points that can be put into the healing “boosts” if you will. These “boosts” are mostly a joke 15 of these 25 points are cooldown reduction. 6 of those points are required to even start boosting your heals. I understand that the developers wanted you to pay attention to what heal your casting and when. But if this is the case why are cooldown reduction gears rampant and given 10% cooldown reduction is equivalent to whatever skill your investing in for a single point it makes me wonder why they even bothered. Within these points is one of the heals you can get With talent points you can get it as early as 30 but the skill says you cant get it until 32… If that’s the case then why not give us access to the skill at 32 and not have a level requirements complicating the tree. The boosts to the healing skills are disjointed. For the AOE heal granted by the talent we get one that boosts its range, that is ok in some cases but we don’t get anything to make it heal more other then talents that are blanket talents effecting all the healing. We have two heals that are not mentioned in the healing skills at all for healing boosts or benefits. Grace our instant cast low cooldown low mana nice heal, could use a talent that makes it somewhat more intresting then a goto heal to keep everyone topped up. I effectively give three casts of grace for one cast of holy light, in doing this I spend 36 less mana. This makes it seem like you stack wisdom and your base heal buff and Grace your way though anything.
My suggestion to fixing up the healing buffs is again to consolidate and introduce new buffs. For example consolidate the cooldown reduction skills to a blanket 10% reduction in cooldown per point, this would still stack with cool down reduction gear as well. This also would take the healing boosts and make them more beneficial as you can add a talent that would increase the base amount healed by say 1% per level up to a max of 5% Also make these skills required to get the big awesome heal at the end of the healing tree. Currently you get them and forget them or get them at your last levels. It would also be nice if there were some skills that helped enhance Holy light more so then the forced cooldown reduction talent that we currently have. Something that reduces its Mana cost or cast time to be more comparable with the other heals.

Light blue:
The buff enhancers. Currently without specializations within the tree’s clerics only get two buffs. These buffs do not apply across a party when cast. They also only last 30 minutes. Though specializations at a cost of 10 points and increasing each specialization by 20% you gain access to the new buffs. These new buffs are arguably good and arguably bad. These buffs have a level limit of 32 when you can start to pick them up at 30 this is the same fault that the new healing skill suffers from. If you don’t want us to have them early don’t give us access to it. Simple as that. The two new buffs are one that boosts your Defenses by a specific amount and one that boosts your attacks by a specific amount. Needless to say with how defense works right now. The defense boost skill is crap and should more then likely just be removed or changed to a % boost. The specializations for this only increase the amounts by fixed amounts and not percentages. The number of points in this tree to max it are 22 the minimum points required to get the skills are 6, this isn’t a bad balance. I like that I can enhance some but not all to get what I want. This is what I want to see more of honestly.
My suggestions for the buff subtree is to boost the new buffs. Right now one sucks the other one is amazing. The damage boost buff is one of the best buff’s out there because it gives straight additional damage. The magic damage is a little low but given how most of the mage and cleric skills have huge modifiers on them this is well and fine. The defense skill needs to be a percentage. Currently 2k defense only shaves about 20 damage off attacks. This is a joke if we expect 1200 defense for 6 talent points to be worthwhile. Make it a % more defense or make it a % off damage. 10% is overpowered so something along the lines of 8% or 7% at max level with max enhancers.

Dark blue:
Debuffs, I know gravity did not develop this game but this is right up there with some of their other decisions. (Sura’s get all the dps, all the heals, and all the rape…) The healing tree gets a total of THREE debuffs, (DB1, DB2 & DB3 in the diagram). Each of these debuffs have more enhancements to them as well. The debuf enhancements even require a total of six talents to get the max heal. Lets look at the actual debuffs and see what each of them does. DB1 = Weakening it slows their attack speed and movement speed. This is a fine debuff to have on a healing cleric great to nerf the boss down and give you some breathing room to help out your party. The required specialization is also nice as it increases the amount of slow that is applied. The non required specialization is a cooldown reduction. This is silly to have points there that are not required and are for something semi useless. 2 seconds per level off of a 30 second cooldown means that its less then 10% per level. A 20% CDR wand or staff could do better then level 3. DB2 = Soul incineration, Burns their MP. That’s kinda cool for mobs that use MP its more of a PVP skill where you nerf the hell out of the enemies MP before they can strike. The specialization on this skill is not required but it increases the amount of MP burned, up to an additional 50% at level 5. I would like to see more on this perhaps a siphon of mp specialization only up to 20% but you have to chose PVP healy clerics will want to burn and siphon PvM healy clerics wont want to burn but just Siphon. DB3 = ANOTHER SLOW. This one reduces movement speed by 90%. So as a healing cleric I have 3 slows I can throw around. The only thing is the range on them is a joke. By the time I have rotated though my slows the enemy is on top of me though the slow. The specialization for this skill only increases the duration of the slow. It is also required for the top level heal. The non required specialization reduces cooldown this specialization suffers from the same thing as DB1’s cooldown specialization in that its not enough to make it worthwhile. This last slow also seems strange to have in a healing tree. I would rather see something replace it such as a new healing skill that does a huge heal and a shield or a huge heal and a hot on one target. So you can heal the tank and then focus on the rest of the party after an AOE from a boss. The funny thing about DB3 is that it is also replicated on the PVP damage cleric tree. This skill there does the same thing but costs less Mana has less of a cooldown and its specialization is not required.
My suggestions: 8 required skills to get the big awesome heal I would suggest dropping DB1 from the requirements as well as its specializations. I would keep DB2 there and give it some options for specialization I would also make a siphon a specialization required for Big awesome heal. DB3 I would remove altogether. It’s a nice skill but its duplicated in both trees DPS and ‘healy’ I would remove it and just give it to us as a skill. Then the tree’s can enhance it how they see fit. Such as Healy tree enhances that slow and DB1 by decreasing cooldown and mana cost. DPS tree increases duration of skill and adds a DPS component. I would also rework this Debuff area to include some healing bonuses such as a blanket -5% at max level mana cost for heal skills or something to make this feel more like a healing tree.

White:
Attack skills and enhancements. These are kinda silly and could be condensed 21 skill points are required for the max heal… There are a total of 26 skill points available to pick from within this section. There is one new attack skill. Its quite nice in fact it appears to be one of the best skills for clerics all around. It does AOE damage and a stun. The stun is for two seconds. Now in PVP two seconds is huge. In pvm two seconds is crap when our heal takes 1 second to cast, or our damage skills take 1.5-2 seconds to cast. The skill is also not spamable being on a cooldown that is 30 seconds. The required specialization for the skill only does supplies surprise 2 seconds just like DB1 and DB3 from above. Adding insult in injury you need 5 points in the cooldown to get the best heal. The other skills in this tree are two cooldown reductions for two of our other skills one being our splash attack/chain lighting the other being our instant cast low damage skill. Eternal Pain’s cooldown is again a 10% cooldown reduction skill that must be maxed to get our new cast skill. Gods rage cooldown is a pitiful 5% cooldown reduction but is also required at level 3 to get our big heal. The only useful skill besides our new skill is the Collapse of soul cast time reduction that reduces the cast from 2 seconds down to 1.5. Not much but better then cooldown reduction I would rather see it down to 1 second to make our main cast smack skill much nicer.
My suggestions: AGAIN consolidate the damn cooldown reductions. Take the 15 points and consolidate them to 5 points. It’s a joke to spend something every level and get barely any benefit each level.

Going over this I feel as though the entire talent tree would need to have an overhaul to be even close to what I would like to see. Even some consolidation seems like asking to much with how spread out everything is. The tree has too much Cooldown reduction as a crutch. You need 13 points minimum in the healing tree into straight cooldown reduction talents in order to get the best heal. Why 13 points? I have no idea. If I had artistic license to rework the entire tree I would do so and happily draw it out.

Another note on clerics that I realized is the skills: Prayer of protection and Gods Purification seem to be there to eat up skill keys. Their description is odd at best. What denotes an injury and what denotes a spell respectively between the two. Why are they on a 19 second cooldown!? If these are clense skills why the hell do they take so long to cast again. Why don’t they self target like heals do when you are solo fighting an enemy? I would like to see these skills on a shorter cooldown, more description as to what they do and I want to see them focus on yourself unless you have another ally targeted. There should be no reason you can cast these on an enemy unless they are buff removers.

Summary:
As if I could summarize this, I would say Consolidate the cooldown reductions in the skill tree’s to blanket CDR’s for attack skills, Debuffs, and Heals. I would add more boosts to heals in the aspect of blanket heal boosts at low amounts and blanket mana reductions in low amounts. I would add a few more heals. Right now the ‘healy’ tree has two new heals in it one of them is top tier the other isn’t even required to get. I would drop the debuffs that are already available in the cleric class. We do not need THREE slows. I would make it so that healing is more required in a healing tree. Right now the only things that boost our healing skills are not even required for the last skill, though this does exclude the initial boost of 20% but that’s a given every cleric will have that. I would drop a debuff we don’t need more things to do as a cleric. Add a high end heal boost that also boosts mana.

I would make the buff tree more worthwhile by instead of adding straight stat boosts I would add percentage boosts for the armor or make it a percentage reduction. The damage may need to be boosted as it is a little lacking for magic unless it is treated as weapon attack and added into the percentages.

Consolidate the early on stat adjustment skills to make them more worthwhile right now heal and mana are the best maybe later will they be more worthwhile to pick up armor.

The dps tree is the same thing as the ‘healy’ tree. Consolidate the CDR skills Make a blanket boost to damage skill. Consolidate the DOT skills into a blanket DOT boost. Add boosts to damage to make the tree at least look more damage like instead of boosts to individual skills. Add a high end boost to int and magic damage.

TL;DR: COMPLETELY rework the damn tree’s to give us more bang for the buck. Rework skills to make them more worthwhile. Or just give us a damn new tree, skills and class, Call it a priest.

#21 ThirteenthNumber

ThirteenthNumber

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTumblria

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

I'd like to add something for RvR.

I'm on SG side and I atteneded 2~4 RvR rooms/matches, I ALWAYS see TK with at least 10+ more players then SG (Maybe it's just me, I was lv15+). I think we need to equalize the the number of people get in every time a person comes into the room, even thought it may be annoying at times (and probably it's just me complaining), but I think it's fair.

Idk what kind of system, but hopefully a person understands my stupid logic o 3o...

And maybe instead of camping within the archers and -_- npcs, just remove them, turn the arena into a big ass circle, and spawn within it and kill the -_- out of one another. Everyone's happy :D! Sorta...

#22 bigdaddymoo

bigdaddymoo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

Sorry so long to reply
Ok first of all let me address the ranger proposal .. Are you freaking kidding me ? Ranger have to use more than 1 stat oh no thats right just agility just like the only stat mages have to use is int! If as a mage you need feel the need to use wisdom then dont wine , same as a ranger if you need to use vitality dont wine . Sorry rangers use as much if not more mana than mages. Play classes to lvl 30 before judging. I seriously doubt you do or did for that matter. Sissy mages have already lead to the complete destruction of Assasin (NEW PEOPLE DONT PLAY AN ASSASIN IT WILL TURN YOU OFF OF THIS GAME).
Healers I have a high lvl healer and thats what I do I am not a Hybrid like 90% of the healers in game atm. I have absolutely np keeping people alive and having mana for entire fights, pots bare minimal usage. I have watched Healers everyday heal and cast spells on boss fights unfortunately No you cannot do both.You make more money than you blow on repair and use in pots in an instance. Here is a list of whats wrong and should be fixed

1. Dont allow anyone to complain about a class they dont play
2. Mages still have way to much armor it needs to be droped at least 50% for pvp purposes
3.Mage spells are way over powered per lvl they need to be dropped at least 25%
Just showing you anyone can rant and rave !!!!!!!!! worry about your class and your class only
True thing that are wrong with classes
1.Assasins need to be beefed up they die on constant basis to mobs =lvl and even lower lvl , no other class has that issue.
2.Somewhere in the Healer tree there needs to be put something that is passive that lowers a Healers aggro. This should be a skill somwhere in the tree that you can pick only if you want it again I dont have any problems with aggro so I am guessing it might be something with going dps/healer but I dont want to have to have any skill to get de-aggro or need the skill to open up any other skills.I dont need it
3.World bosses should not have an exact time on them they should spawn 30 minutes to say maybe 4-6 hrs from the time you kill it with no actual time. If people want to camp let em!
4.While Mages are op I do agree that they should have something to help with mana at the very least a buff that reduces mana usage for specific skills.
5.Warriors need to have better aggro management skills, 1 attack 1 taunt isnt cutting it. Also they need an area taunt this will do away with alot of the aggro issues people seem to have.

I understand people will disagree with this and its fine , but its the truth 100% everything that has been said and if I am wrong about something then prove it to me later have fun game is great the way it is to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users