#1 Cylon

Cylon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:19 AM

Why does my hit drop and I miss targets as if they are standing in pneuma whenever I'm using Neutral Barrier? My stats do not actually change, but it seems skills like knuckle boost and ice launcher do not work. No, the target is not standing in my NB. I've noticed this during woe, and i've tested it on low level monsters such as thief bugs, hornets and porings. Is this how the skill is suppose to work? I would like to get some feedback on this.

#2 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

So youre using neural barrier and are missing monsters outside of it? I haven't the foggiest idea... when I used Neural Barrier and used Arm Cannon/Knuckle booster on monsters out of its range it hit just fine.

#3 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:40 AM

Anyone inside it is supposed to miss all long range skills which accuracy depend on HIT. So if you use Double Strafe for example inside it, you're supposed to miss someone who's outside it, and vice-versa. But if you use something like Acid Bomb or Storm Gust, it's supposed to hit either way, because it's accuracy isn't HIT based.

Edited by Astraeos, 18 June 2012 - 11:41 AM.

#4 Cylon

Cylon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

Clarification...i'm using NB, I target a monster outside of NB, I hit constantly with Arm Canon, but miss with knuckle boost and even ice launcher

#5 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

I think what Astraeos is trying to say is that Knuckle boost and ice launcher are hit based and therefore affected by you being in side the barrier. From my experience NB works very similar to blinding mist: only skills that ignore flee (i.e. arm cannon) will work when inside of it.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

Clarification...i'm using NB, I target a monster outside of NB, I hit constantly with Arm Canon, but miss with knuckle boost and even ice launcher

This is correct behavior.

NB blocks hit-based attacks (like knuckle boost and ice launcher) cast from within NB. Arm Cannon bypasses flee, and so can be cast from inside NB and will still hit stuff.

NB blocking your own ranged hit-based attacks is a necessary balancing element to the skill, which is, ah, extremely powerful, to put it mildly.

#7 Cylon

Cylon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:00 AM

Thank, you, time to reset for a stronger SD build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users