I don't understand the hype for Pre-Renewal - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I don't understand the hype for Pre-Renewal

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#26 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

yeah, i play several online games but i really don't talk to anyone cause i can't physically tell them what i plan on doing. typing while fighting makes it difficult to concentrate on the fight. so i normally solo so i don't have to worry about that.

Become part of a guild, chances are you'll have a vent server or something similar where you can TALK rather than typing while leveling. Makes the time go by way faster. Hell, some of the people I play with, we Skype while leveling. It's a lot of fun.

#27 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts
  • Server:Planet Yggdrasil

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

Maybe if I knew the history and whatever, I could understand it a bit more. For now, I remain clueless because when I first started. I had started in 2006 and I can't remember much from there (since I didn't like it at all) then about 09-10, when I came back, I saw things I liked and started to play again. I had to quit for a while because of internet problems then I think roughly around March-April I came back and started to enjoy myself again. So, now you know my life story, would anyone care to educate me about the hype for Pre-Renewal?

( I don't understand the hype for Pre-Renewal....)

My friend, that is now your campaign, to understand why it's accordly, and don't misplace such reasons. (Lead your own Dynasty, with or with Guide Beginnings. Key factor, it is.)

Speaking from a Planet Ragnarok, Regional description is priceless, making it the richest Jewel on Planet Ragnarok, and can't be explained in one session. Snag your weapon's suggesting, and clear a path to attention the pinnickle point. That is the only way, because such Planet Ragnarok Chronicles is seated beyond literature.

(At some point during your Adventure, waypoint's will surpass explanations)

Edited by Scientistic, 19 June 2012 - 02:38 PM.

#28 Zodiac89

Zodiac89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

yeah, i play several online games but i really don't talk to anyone cause i can't physically tell them what i plan on doing. typing while fighting makes it difficult to concentrate on the fight. so i normally solo so i don't have to worry about that.

Try finding a guild that uses Ventrilo or Team Speak, basically microphone voice chat software. That way you can talk without having to type on your keyboard to communicate.

#29 Ickysarus

Ickysarus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationAlabama
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

Become part of a guild, chances are you'll have a vent server or something similar where you can TALK rather than typing while leveling. Makes the time go by way faster. Hell, some of the people I play with, we Skype while leveling. It's a lot of fun.

lol funny you should say that, my computer was crashing with skype until recently. i just downloaded it again last night XD back to topic, that doesn't sound too bad to do. i might even consider that XD

#30 Ickysarus

Ickysarus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

Try finding a guild that uses Ventrilo or Team Speak, basically microphone voice chat software. That way you can talk without having to type on your keyboard to communicate.

sounds like a plan to me XD

#31 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

haha that's what we have vent or teamspeak for. i totally blow at killing and typing, and we won't even go there with my priesting skills hahaha. anyhow come try pre-re you might just find yourself with a lot of new friends hehe.

btw, just so you know as much as we like to argue on the forums there are a lot of good people who play this game, sounds like a lot more will be comming back too.

Edited by Niji, 19 June 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#32 Ickysarus

Ickysarus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

i should also mention that i am not the only person in my household to play RO. i recently got my gf to play and she HATES point-and-click games. an incident happened on another game that i think traumatized her from partying again ever.

****STORY ALERT*****

FFXI: a party of 5 people, myself including, was looking for a whm (white mage) and i realized my gf is a whm but she was asleep at the moment so i went to wake her up and asked her if she wanted to play. she said yes half asleep. she got up, logged in, and was confused about the area we were in, seeing how she'd never been there. well, she accidentally aggro'ed a -_- ton of monsters getting to where we were and the ENTIRE party was talking bad about her and fussing at her. she got upset and logged off quickly.

******END STORY******

so yeah XD

#33 Ickysarus

Ickysarus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

haha that's what we have vent or teamspeak for. i totally blow at killing and typing, and we won't even go there with my priesting skills hahaha. anyhow come try pre-re you might just find yourself with a lot of new friends hehe.

btw, just so you know as much as we like to argue on the forums there are a lot of good people who play this game, sounds like a lot more will be comming back too.

i definitely will! it sounds like it will be different than what i'm use to playing lol i'm at least gonna make 1 character now.

#34 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

yeah crap like that happens, i would have mobbed their asses then logged out hahaha.

#35 Ickysarus

Ickysarus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

yeah crap like that happens, i would have mobbed their asses then logged out hahaha.

lol that's actually what kinda happened. everyone (myself including) had died and she hadn't gotten raise I yet so they were pissed. i couldn't have cared less cause i had saved in the city before coming out lol but alot of their homepoints were far away. thought to myself "why? you're leveling a low level for a reason. should always take precautions in case a scenario such as this" XD

#36 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

well drag her to the server kicking and screaming with you i won't yell at her haha. i'm here to have fun not fight.

#37 SilX

SilX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

Yeesh, where were my experiences like this when I was in prenewal?

All I got from people was "Get to 99 so you can tranz and then WoE It's all that matterz LOL". Herded to NoobYang to level or told "Just do Geographers" as an archer or mage. Honestly in my day I didn't find much of a "community" back then.

Started in 2007 or so and truth be told I had a better experience from renewal than Prenewal. Not to say I won't give it another go but I'm not in a rush to change my pants over it.

#38 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

It's mainly nostalgia and nothing else.

Older players are very quick to point out Renewal's flaws and not the good things it brought to an already outdated system. If Renewal hadn't rolled around, people would still be complaining that the game is too grindy, and that it takes years to max out a character and blah blah blah.

I for one am very disappointed that Gravity has chosen to invest in a pre-renewal server instead of focussing on making Renewal better. Enjoy being stuck in the past forever, enjoy your lack of content progression, enjoy your dated mechanics and frustrating systems. I certainly won't be and this whole deal has left a sour taste in my mouth.

fyi, I ~hated~ pre-renewal so I'm probably just biassed. The only good thing I see about pre renewal is the EXP tables. Pre-renewal was only glorious to those lucky people who had money to burn. To everyone else it was a nightmare. Sadly, these people make up the majority of vocal players on the forums.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 19 June 2012 - 11:24 PM.

#39 Untroubled

Untroubled

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

I liked how I could actually make friends and use the party function outside turn ins in pre-Renewal .
But then again, I played pre-Renewal on a different server, so perhaps that server just had a nicer community?

#40 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:34 PM

From what I gather, party exp sharing pre-renewal wasn't that great either.

Prerenewal had several good things going for it, but at the same time there were crippling problems despite people wearing rose-tinted glasses might say. There is a reason why Renewal was created. Do we seriously want to undo all of that progression?

Well I suppose a pre renewal server will keep the complainers off the forums, but it's going to split the playerbase and create a group of 'classic elitists' who scorn everyone who sticks with Renewal, I can just see it now.

#41 himz

himz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:36 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyYbsGU0wLA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyOH1BUBXU0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHUXsIDfYfw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XQlWAUePrg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7NeHXdWXuo

geffen GD on my wizard KILLED EVERYONE with LilXknight one of the first 99s in iro choas he was on his hP heal slaving me! old school DC style.

#42 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

WoE now:

- no organization
- no teamskill
- everyone by himself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mxn3jUyaKs

WoE Pre-renewal:

- organization
- competition
- teamskill and much more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQAcSdq5rVQ&feature=related

inb4 flamewar

same goes for mvps, before you need to have skills and a good team, now you can finish et in 2 hours with rk/gene/stringer/AB

#43 idonothaveanname

idonothaveanname

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:42 PM

Its still Ragnarok. Same characters, maps, rules. Just at a different time a place. Many players who have been playing since 03/04 have nostalgia for this era. Its funny to see pre-renewal fanboys though xD. If anything hype is what we need to get this game a kickstart back to life. Really ever since renewal our population has been flat lining. Now with a glimpse into an old, yet recognizable future, all of us old players are excited to play the game we once loved.

For me, I first started playing in 03/04. I was in junior high and had to play off of the two week trial for months before I convinced my parents to pay for my subscription. I managed to get a few first class characters to around level 30. Unfortunatly I was not able to support my ragnarok career, lets face it, I was a child lol. But today, being 22 years old, I now have the time and oppertunity to relive that dream of reaching the max level. It will be interesting to see how much I've learned over the years, and see how much better I am at the game today compared to when I started.

For me... It's nostalgia.

Edited by idonothaveanname, 19 June 2012 - 11:46 PM.

#44 Vaynn

Vaynn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:44 PM

did third job still there if pre-renewal server?

#45 Serigeese

Serigeese

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:Ymir / Classic

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:46 PM

It's mainly nostalgia and nothing else.

Older players are very quick to point out Renewal's flaws and not the good things it brought to an already outdated system. If Renewal hadn't rolled around, people would still be complaining that the game is too grindy, and that it takes years to max out a character and blah blah blah.

I for one am very disappointed that Gravity has chosen to invest in a pre-renewal server instead of focussing on making Renewal better. Enjoy being stuck in the past forever, enjoy your lack of content progression, enjoy your dated mechanics and frustrating systems. I certainly won't be and this whole deal has left a sour taste in my mouth.

fyi, I ~hated~ pre-renewal so I'm probably just biassed. The only good thing I see about pre renewal is the EXP tables. Pre-renewal was only glorious to those lucky people who had money to burn. To everyone else it was a nightmare. Sadly, these people make up the majority of vocal players on the forums.

That's what I been thinking myself, in pre-renewal I was stuck trying to level up my stalker alone anyway. Can't go to Bio3 because, da -_- you gunna do? LOL Champ and Mins! You could only keep 4 people in a party and then any more people than that the exp turns into -_-. Most people who had the funds and resources (like myself) Thor leeched some of my characters to 90+ Trans. Leveling up back then was a pain because of the steep amount of exp you needed for 99 not just once but TWICE to be effective in woe. (and don't get me started about getting job levels)

Yea WoE was fun back then, Till you have all the most powerful guilds allies with one another and have 3-4 LKs running around with brocca and double megs BBing everything to death :D , YEA THAT WAS AWESOME GUIYZ ~

I think they should have really just put their efforts into making renewal work rather than listen to QQ about the good ole days and make a server for that.

I'm an old time pre-renewal vet and to be honest I can't really get "hype" on this, It's taking a step back from trying to fix all the flaws the old RO had, maybe they shouldn't have made it so easy? Maybe they should have put a little better mechanics to balance out everything.

#46 Serigeese

Serigeese

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:Ymir / Classic

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:48 PM

did third job still there if pre-renewal server?

It's pre-renewal for a reason broseph, there is not going to be ANY thrid class on that server

#47 idonothaveanname

idonothaveanname

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:52 PM

There probably isn't much that warpportal can do to "fix" the Renewal servers. I am no pro or Gravity fanatic. But I do come and read here quite often. From my understanding warpportal can't reallly change the game to how they would like it. They have to answer to the big guy upstairs, kRO, and if one of their ideas gets turned down there is nothing they can do about it. From the sounds of it though, they will have a lot more freedom with the pre-renewal server.

Sadly kRO cares more about Raganrok 2 then the origional Ragnarok. Which is a shame because there is still some life in this little cash crop. If only kRO could see that, and stop trying to be like every other mmo out there...

Edited by idonothaveanname, 19 June 2012 - 11:57 PM.

#48 Untroubled

Untroubled

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:52 PM

I was a child lol.
It will be interesting to see how much I've learned over the years, and see how much better I am at the game today compared to when I started.
For me... It's nostalgia.

Speaking of nostalgia...
I still am a child, however I was much, much slower back then than I am now.
When I first began playing Ragnarok, I never knew that 'FS' meant 'full support'. I just thought it was some alternate or 'fancy' name for a healer and since I kept seeing a lot of players use the term, I ran around claiming that my 30-something STR, 20- AGI, 10- VIT, 10- INT, 30- LUK (just messed up stats in general) Acolyte was 'FS'.

Monkey see, monkey do, I guess.

#49 idonothaveanname

idonothaveanname

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:54 PM

^^ LOL

#50 Vaynn

Vaynn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:57 PM

It's pre-renewal for a reason broseph, there is not going to be ANY thrid class on that server

then how is our ygg third job character?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users