Suggestions and Observations - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Suggestions and Observations

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mirokuma

Mirokuma

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

I've only played the game so far as one class (cleric) so far and not for an elongated period of time. I plan on playing more, but I would like to write out these suggestions and observations and then come back and add onto this post as I go. So I'll just list them out with bullets. Feel free to add to or comment on these! :)
  • The UI is rather clunky. It feels small and isn't very malleable and lacks the ability for customization.
  • Some of the cleric abilities are extremely bright. It's almost like looking at a mini sun on my screen. If we could tone the brightness down on those a bit, that'd be great!
  • Quite frankly the quest dialogue is dry and I feel like I'm being yelled at half the time. Whenever I go to pray, half the conversation involves the NPC saying "Shinuna!" (my character's name) in a context where I'm confused as to why my name is being yelled. I'm two feet away.
  • Items have too much text when the mouse is hovered over them. It's too much information, too small of text, and it requires the user to read through a lot of stuff (some of which doesn't matter).

In reference to the items, a current example is:

Medicus Boots of Recruiting

Shoes

Requires level: 4

Defense: 6

Durability: 99%

---------------------------------

[ Equip/wear limitations ]
Class limit: Cleric
Faction limitation: none

[ Additional Effects ]
Agility: +2
Physical defense: +2
Magical defense: +22

sales price: 11 Attached gold
Soulbound - can't be traded or given away

This is incredibly cumbersome. Perhaps combining some effect bonuses on the same line, various text, and removal of some text is possible? For instance:

Medicus Boots of Recruiting

Shoes
Level: 4
Defense: 6
Durability: 99%
[ Equip/wear limitations ]
Classes: Cleric Faction limitation: none
[ Additional Effects ]
Agility: +2 Physical defense: +2 Magical defense: +22
Price: 11 gold
Soulbound - can't be traded or given away

It's a work in progress, but looks better to me. The "equip/wear limitations" and "additional effects" could even be taken off because they stats below them are kind of self-explanatory.

Anyways, thanks for reading!

#2 TheOnlyTruth

TheOnlyTruth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:45 PM

taking quotes and adding to my thread, thanks for your support and input! Glad to see a few more people getting involved after days of asking people to in faction chats on both sides...

taking quotes and adding to my thread, thanks for your support and input! Glad to see a few more people getting involved after days of asking people to in faction chats on both sides...

#3 TheOnlyTruth

TheOnlyTruth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

The UI is rather clunky. It feels small and isn't very malleable and lacks the ability for customization.

How do you want it changed..? Looking for ideas to add towards exactly what you're looking for. Already suggested UI changes along these lines, but what are you looking to change about the size? What's too small? Some parts of the UI are too big if you ask me lol.

Any more suggestion towards this so I can add it as well?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users