6 replies to this topic

#1 SVKnight

SVKnight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationMy own room~

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

My lvl 89 Knight gets 5k+ EXP from Siroma(2xp EXP) solo but when I partied with my friend's lvl 80 priest, I get 2.7k+ EXP but my friend's priest only gets 800+ EXP. I don't really get why it is like that, can someone explain??

Edited by SVKnight, 20 June 2012 - 12:21 PM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

You receive 2.7 (what you normally would get, split two ways, plus 10% for being in a party).

The priest is outside the level range for killing Siromas, and is receiving a level-based experience penalty.

#3 SVKnight

SVKnight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationMy own room~

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:30 PM

Oh so it scale the EXP individually between party members? That kinda sucks.. Guess I'll just level with him with my equally-leveled rogue.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

Oh so it scale the EXP individually between party members? That kinda sucks.. Guess I'll just level with him with my equally-leveled rogue.

Yeah. The alternatives are all exploitable.

#5 SVKnight

SVKnight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationMy own room~

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding something(English isn't really my first language) but what are those alternatives?

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding something(English isn't really my first language) but what are those alternatives?

What I mean is, if the game designers didn't do it the way they did (that is, they did something that ensured that exp that party members got was equal), you couldn't have a level-based exp penalty without there being ways to abuse it.

#7 ValheruWolf

ValheruWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

In a share Party since you guys are within 15 levels. Yeah siroma's are outside the cap for the 80 priest but you could tackle a slightly lower level monster and the priest would get the full exp based of their levels (possibly more then you per kill) if you are trying to just power level them a bit. http://irowiki.org/wiki/Experience Exp each player earns is then % of total exp that each party member earns and then that number is modified by the level pentaly/bonus you get for monsters level compared to your own.

Siroma's are 98 so priest at level 80 means 18 levels difference. When priest hits level 83 you can do this party effectively to help them level priest. Just need to kill a level 95 monster until they reach 83 to do siromas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users