What's with the OCA craze on Valk? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What's with the OCA craze on Valk?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:19 AM

selling like crazy and for much higher price all of a sudden. the last time something like this happened, GR/DR was added to OCA on valk without anyone announcing it.

did they add new monster cards or something? people quitting and taking a gamble on OCA?

Edited by huad, 25 June 2012 - 07:21 AM.

#2 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:21 AM

OCAs have always been a gamble. Admittedly even I'll a buy a couple now n then and test my luck

#3 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:52 AM

people quitting and taking a gamble on OCA?

^ more like it.

#4 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:09 AM

The buyers have raised their price and have been buying the lower priced ones. Then the sllers realizing this raised their prices to earn more profit. Someone is raising the price by buying up all the cheap ones.

#5 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:23 AM

Damn, sold a lot of mine for cheaper over the last month. Oh well, still got some left to sell overpriced. :gg:

#6 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:55 AM

It's the same as with the Safe Upgrading Certificates. People are simply trying to drive up the prices for higher profit, despite having a ton of what they are trying to sell. Eat Gear is here, which confused me as to why these Certs keep inflating instead of deflating, even if a little.

#7 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

its just dumb people trying to raise the average price on ragial, no way im paying anymore then 5m for them and anybody that does probably needs to stop buying zeny

#8 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

like 20+ were sold at 7.8m. i guess a handful of people just got the itch to gamble all at the same time and are driving up the price.

#9 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

its just dumb people trying to raise the average price on ragial, no way im paying anymore then 5m for them and anybody that does probably needs to stop buying zeny

This.

We need a zeny sink quick!

#10 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

They used to be 12 mil. Around the time Daily Quen came our they went down to 6-7 mil. Then MCA's flooding the market lowering MCA price making it easier to afford maya purple, ghostring, etc cards made oca price drop as well. Now as MCA leaves the market the price of OCA will rise back up. It's how the market works. Item prices are based off of eachother.

#11 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

This usually happens in Ymir that has a small market. One douche bag overprices one particular item for no reason, and the other vendors would follow blindly. Then they realize no one is buying the the item anymore and things get normal again. Two weeks ago the item was Heroic Desocketing Book and last week's was Hankies.

There are more people quitting today because of pre-renewal. So that might be one of the reasons.

Edited by xFireize, 25 June 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#12 Amis

Amis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Classic

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

That's kind of crazy. I'm excited about the pre-renewal server, but I'm far too attached to my characters to liquidate their assets. <_<

#13 PudinPuddy

PudinPuddy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • Locationjumping out a window
  • Server:Odin + Chaos

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:09 AM

This usually happens in Ymir that has a small market. One douche bag overprices one particular item for no reason, and the other vendors would follow blindly. Then they realize no one is buying the the item anymore and things get normal again. Two weeks ago the item was Heroic Desocketing Book and last week's was Hankies.

There are more people quitting today because of pre-renewal. So that might be one of the reasons.

Wait—you mean people are quitting RO because of the pre-renewal server? Or people are quitting for the pre-renewal server?

#14 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:38 AM

This.

We need a zeny sink quick!

u wish rapheal the gambler to return?!

#15 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:01 AM

Wait—you mean people are quitting RO because of the pre-renewal server? Or people are quitting for the pre-renewal server?

For.
Excusez mon Engrish. :p_angel:

Edited by xFireize, 26 June 2012 - 09:03 AM.

#16 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

u wish rapheal the gambler to return?!

Anything to get rid of the damn zeny that's being botted by those zeny seller sites to reduce prices everywhere.

#17 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts
  • Server:bot infested

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

Anything to get rid of the damn zeny that's being botted by those zeny seller sites to reduce prices everywhere.

zeny is not the issue......the issue is sh!t load of items that never break and pile up and then there is 2x drops events, he gums.....need an npc that will give 25m for trading a nid garb or variants......
something like that

#18 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

zeny is not the issue......the issue is sh!t load of items that never break and pile up and then there is 2x drops events, he gums.....need an npc that will give 25m for trading a nid garb or variants......
something like that

You can trade in nid garbs for certs. As mentioned already, even if stuff does break from +4 to +7, there will still eventually be more items than the number of players. Certs don't "kill" the market, the market just eventually becomes like this and there are more items than players that need it.

#19 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts
  • Server:bot infested

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:12 AM

You can trade in nid garbs for certs. As mentioned already, even if stuff does break from +4 to +7, there will still eventually be more items than the number of players. Certs don't "kill" the market, the market just eventually becomes like this and there are more items than players that need it.

but mimic can be abused as it is......why do i need to trade nid garb for certs lol......need zeny not certs....last i checked zeny was the currency......

#20 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:30 AM

Well... when cert prices are higher trade it in I guess. The cert trade in is probably one of the only things helping nid keep value right now. x__X

#21 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

something like that

You're talking about deflation due to accumulation of items over time and low demand. I'm talking about getting rid of inflation due to botted zeny and increased prices due to people buying things that are overpriced. Get the zeny out of the server to drive prices down. Prices inflate because there are people out there that are buying zeny and are giving players/botters the reason to inflate prices on the market. Prices will go down when zeny is low.

#22 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

You're talking about deflation due to accumulation of items over time and low demand. I'm talking about getting rid of inflation due to botted zeny and increased prices due to people buying things that are overpriced. Get the zeny out of the server to drive prices down. Prices inflate because there are people out there that are buying zeny and are giving players/botters the reason to inflate prices on the market. Prices will go down when zeny is low.

thats cuz items dont break anymore
certs and HD everywere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users