Returning for Classic - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Returning for Classic

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#26 GryphonYoyo

GryphonYoyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:ymir

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

Sorry that you were a terrible player. Thankfully all of us don't have that problem! If you had any idea how to play this game, you could create a 99 trans in 2-4 days.

not a terrible player, i have a career, and have to work 60+ hours a week, so unlike you, i don't live in front of the screen

#27 GryphonYoyo

GryphonYoyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

Loving what people are saying in favour of this, despite the resistance. You know it's kinda funny, anything I ever resisted in life, I eventually went onto really enjoying. Gotta be a reason why you're here expressing your opinions on the subject Gryphon, if you aren't at least giving the subject a good deal of thought. Come over to the classic side man. The exp won't bite. The girls might though if you smarten up that attitude ;)

what exp?!?!?!?!!?!?

#28 wikidmj

wikidmj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

The exp you inevitably earn if you play the game of course ;) And look, if you work so hard for 60 hours per week.... But have time to complain about pre-renewal, please tell me why you don't have the time just to try it a little bit? :) Come on man lighten up I'm getting anxious to hear you say something decent for someone so dedicated to the important things in life.

#29 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

I like how his insinuation is that him working 60 hours a week makes him a better and more important person than my disabled ass. Or anyone for that matter. And therefore the game should cater to him. Despite the fact that he has about 500 western games and 3 Ragnarok servers (not to mention private servers) that already pander to his needs.

K then.

Edited by Faolain, 26 June 2012 - 12:43 PM.

#30 xCupcakex

xCupcakex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationLunaris Temple
  • Server:Loki / Classic Loki

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

not a terrible player, i have a career, and have to work 60+ hours a week, so unlike you, i don't live in front of the screen

60 hours a week job AND a family? May I ask why you picked a Korean MMO?

Don't ask Gravity to punish everyone else that plays this game because of YOUR schedule. Are you sure you're an adult?

#31 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

Just buy BM or ask a friend to play sharing exp while you're in a safe place on the map. It worked before.

Edited by SirDouglas, 26 June 2012 - 12:44 PM.

#32 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

You have your life.
I have my 99's.
Do I come to your house and complain that I'm broke and don't have a wife, no.
Because I'm happy with my free time and take it easy life style.
It's my choice to not be "normal" and live in front of a screen.
Just as it's your choice to have a job and a family.

Now go back to doing normal things normalguy

Edited by ItsMoonie, 26 June 2012 - 12:47 PM.

#33 Zodiac89

Zodiac89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

60 hours a week job AND a family? May I ask why you picked a Korean MMO?

Don't ask Gravity to punish everyone else that plays this game because of YOUR schedule. Are you sure you're an adult?

I'm not so sure he's an adult. I also doubt that he's got a career considering how his English orthography is terrible. On top of that he insults people and thinks he's some kind of super hero because he "works" 60 hours a week.

#34 ValheruWolf

ValheruWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

Just buy BM or ask a friend to play sharing exp while you're in a safe place on the map.

Heh, This one fails though >< unless you are on a map with no aggressive monsters or... maybe plant aggressives only. Saying this as I tried to do this with merchant on mutliple maps. and another char on Siroma map.... Siroma map... whats there... 2 gazetis... yet somehow... one managed to spawn and then computer ai auto wander had it run into corner with my hero... and he was dead.... heh.\

On the other hand I just want to see how the community turns out. This will either be a great server for me. Or i'll just be staying on valk. No idea. Do I think I'll ever reach 99 on pre-re much less go trans, not likely heh. Or atleast not this year, maybe in 2-3 years.

Edited by ValheruWolf, 26 June 2012 - 12:48 PM.

#35 wikidmj

wikidmj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

Feel for you Valheru, happened to my many leeches so many times over the years. It's like the AI knows specifically to come and get you =p

#36 Zodiac89

Zodiac89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

Heh, This one fails though >< unless you are on a map with no aggressive monsters or... maybe plant aggressives only. Saying this as I tried to do this with merchant on mutliple maps. and another char on Siroma map.... Siroma map... whats there... 2 gazetis... yet somehow... one managed to spawn and then computer ai auto wander had it run into corner with my hero... and he was dead.... heh.\

On the other hand I just want to see how the community turns out. This will either be a great server for me. Or i'll just be staying on valk. No idea. Do I think I'll ever reach 99 on pre-re much less go trans, not likely heh. Or atleast not this year, maybe in 2-3 years.

Uhh... Tons of people used to do this in Bio labs 3 and Thor's dungeon, considered perhaps the two toughest dungeons in the game. You just have to find a good and safe spot, and use insurances if you're afraid of losing exp.

#37 Laily

Laily

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

Hi Dregs. I look forward to seeing you on classic. It is nice to see old faces.

We can recreate old times. Come into pvp and we can fight.

#38 wikidmj

wikidmj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

Oh Laily, is it you my most despised / loved / recognized playmates dancer of all time and space?

Perhaps this time around we'll be more atuned towards allies than protagonists ;)

#39 Sammier21

Sammier21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationSanta Monica
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

Since the only characters I have any interest in on Renewal will probably be close to 150 but the time this Pre-Renewal serve comes out
I may try it

... but I am ready for all the QQ that is more than likely going to happen.
But I am excited in a sense about Sage/Scholars again

#40 Maux

Maux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

For every word that comes out of GM on this game, there are 5 people QQing about it.
It's just inevitable.

#41 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

Can't wait...longest week in a while it feels like. So many people, myself included, are looking forward to the old skool grind and comradery of Classic RO! I think with all of this speculation and anticipation we are getting ahead of ourselves...

GR> Old Loki Players L/N :heh:

See you in game!

#42 GryphonYoyo

GryphonYoyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

I'm not so sure he's an adult. I also doubt that he's got a career considering how his English orthography is terrible. On top of that he insults people and thinks he's some kind of super hero because he "works" 60 hours a week.

first off, i'm 34 yrs old, i'm a graduate of le' cordon bleu, i have been in the restaurant industry since i was 16(started as a dw 2 weeks after turning 16, got promoted to line cook within a month of being hired) have been a sous chef and saucier chef in many top fine dinning establishments........so who in the hell isn't an adult?

#43 Sammier21

Sammier21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationSanta Monica
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

I can see all the F-s not being given right now.

#44 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

first off, i'm 34 yrs old, i'm a graduate of le' cordon bleu, i have been in the restaurant industry since i was 16(started as a dw 2 weeks after turning 16, got promoted to line cook within a month of being hired) have been a sous chef and saucier chef in many top fine dinning establishments........so who in the hell isn't an adult?

Can I have a soup that won't set off my taste aversion or texture aversion? I've tried vegetable, potato and leek, and tomato and those are the only ones that I can stand so far, but those are getting boring. Anything that's too strong or has too many varying tastes is out. Also I hate the texture of things like green beans and wax beans. Peppers in moderation are fine. Thanks.

Edited by Faolain, 26 June 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#45 cbgenoseven

cbgenoseven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationSacramento, California

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

Can't wait...longest week in a while it feels like. So many people, myself included, are looking forward to the old skool grind and comradery of Classic RO! I think with all of this speculation and anticipation we are getting ahead of ourselves...

GR> Old Loki Players L/N :heh:

See you in game!

I am looking forward to meeting a lot of old Loki players!!!

-Mochi Light

#46 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

Oh I totally agree with you on the grind Gryphon, believe me I do. So sure, grinding is a pain. But it's made so much better by good music, a guild with good people and your own personal story along the way. Of course, doing anything fun within the game is entirely optional - so I wouldn't get so pent up worrying about me bro I've made my choice. :) Thanks though.

+1 for this awesome answer!! i'm so glad the old community seems to be comming together!! this post proves it.

here's to old friends and the new ones we will soon make
*clank*
cheers!

#47 Amis

Amis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Classic

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:10 PM

May I ask why you picked a Korean MMO?

Indeed. It's time to put the Korean back in this MMO! They have high standards Gryphon, so up yours.

#48 cbgenoseven

cbgenoseven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

yes with a 4 to 1 male to female ratio in South Korea somethign has to keep those dudes busy!

#49 pdub

pdub

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationThe Interwebs

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

Oh I totally agree with you on the grind Gryphon, believe me I do. So sure, grinding is a pain. But it's made so much better by good music, a guild with good people and your own personal story along the way.

Grinding is only a pain if you make it a pain. All of my favorite memories from RO were the countless hours I spent grinding here, or there, that one time that card dropped, etc. I haven't played for over 5 years, and as much as I would love to jump in and start playing again... I don't want anything to do with Renewal. From what i can tell, they basically just added a bunch of quests that make it very easy to level to ~100, so you can get to the high levels / end game quickly. Personally, I don't like how they changed it. There's too many classes, too many changes, you practically have to relearn the game. I don't want to relearn the game, i want to play the RO that I remember. I was never able to fully dive into classic RO because I didn't have the time back then, but now I do. So I'm very, very pumped for this new classic server.

and regarding the music, you're absolutely right. The music in RO is by far the best BGM out of any game EVER in my books. It really is timeless.

#50 cbgenoseven

cbgenoseven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:34 PM

I remember my first whisper card drop. I was so excited and I remember it was at like 6am when I was playing for 30 minutes before leaving for school. It was the highlight of that day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users