Kill Stealing on Ygg - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Kill Stealing on Ygg

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

Not sure if this is an issue on other servers..but;

Ygg has always been a community with newish players who ~were~ friendly. I'm not sure what happened.. Lately during TIs, and normal grinding, there would be a party of like 10 people and I'd be leveling with a friend or two, and we have a decent sized mob on us, the other party would just spam kill skills on our mob that we've been working on. Sometimes even half the members of that party walk the other direction, and there'd be a ranger douche or some AoE spammer who would just kill it. Like..really? Just because you're in a huge ass party doesn't give you a special privilege to just take the mobs of another cuz you're spamming 5 AoEs at once.

Do people not know KSing is just plain rude? Once in a while someone would be like "oh sorry" but half the time when I say something like "Wow, thanks for KSing me" They'd go "if you have a problem with that send in a ticket". Are you serious? KSing is probably the last thing GMs should be worrying about. It should be a type of mutual respect players have towards each other and it seems like that is gone. I don't know if this is an issue on other servers, but it's really bothering me.

And to ygg players who are reading this: if you do see another party in your direction, just go another way, G wing, or walk past them without stealing the mob they're working on. It's just so rude and annoying, and KSing is really something easy to avoid. plus there are enough mobs in other areas of the map. I'd rather not fill GM's tickets with BS like this since they have more ~important~ things to worry about.

Edited by KamiKali, 27 June 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#2 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

TI's seem to bring out the worst in people where groups fight other groups, or you're kicked out for not being the best. It's far too chaotic to report with solid details.

#3 Sammier21

Sammier21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationSanta Monica
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

Yes! I've been noticing the same thing!
When I'm soloing and gathering mobs A ranger or Mage thinks since they can kill in one shot they can just stroll up and take my mob like they own the map. When I say something they either ignore me or are like " Oh well deal with it " are you serious?

Whenever I'm in a TI, my group will Gwing as soon as we see another party. Or if the leader doesn't have any we just walk the other way or past the party without doing anything. The only time we accidently KS is if we Gwing into another party and the Ranger/Sorcerer/Warlock has already pre-casted. In which we then appologise before we Gwing away. I say something if someone in our group starts KSing and if they won't quit I leave the party or the Leader is paying enough attention to kick the person.

It really bothers me as well especially when other players have a completely inconsiderate additude about it.

Edited by Sammier21, 27 June 2012 - 02:58 PM.

#4 pdub

pdub

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationThe Interwebs
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

this is kind of an issue with online gaming in general, lately. It has attracted a much younger audience and quite frankly the internet brings out the worst in many people. Even over the course of the last 5-10 years, online gaming communities have changed pretty significantly. I remember playing Everquest, dark age of camelot, etc, the communities were nice, friendly, with mostly mature people. Now, most online games are littered with obnoxious idiots that don't give a -_- because they're playing a game on the interwebs and they can get away with being a douche.

It's kinda like "trolling". 10 years ago I don't even think trolling was a THING, lol. Now it's just everywhere.

-1 faith in humanity

#5 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

TIs bring out the-_- in all of us. But yeah, I'm a little sick of the KSers too. Seems like the bigger parties are the nastiest. There's nothing you can do but just suck it up and turn away from them next time. Or you can KS them back, lolol.

#6 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

I accidentally ks'd a guy once.
I swiftly received a barrage of abuse via PM.
When I ignored his mad ramblings, I was promptly accused of being a bot.

:(

#7 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

I accidentally ks'd a guy once.
I swiftly received a barrage of abuse via PM.
When I ignored his mad ramblings, I was promptly accused of being a bot.

:(

Funny thing is, as far as I know bots don't KS XD.

@pdub: I agree with you completely and similar things have happened in other forums/games to me as well. But it just really really sucks, and I feel like RO is a pretty tight knit community, and players do have the power to change things. =/

@Sammier21: Yepp.. I usually even write in chat "guys lets go left there's another party there" or something. It didn't used to be like this, and now that it's changed it's just like meh, don't really feel like doing big parties anymore. I generally do TIs with 2-3 guildies or just a friend nowadays.

Edited by KamiKali, 27 June 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#8 Medicine

Medicine

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

I have noticed this a lot and it is quite irritating. My question is... do the GMs every really do anything when they get the screenshots? I don't think I have remember ever hearing anyone get a penalty for KSing people which is probably why they do it. It is as bad as I have seen it.

Is it against the rules or just not nice? And do the GMs have any way to really police it? I have to admit, sometimes it has gotten bad enough I have just logged off the character and hit a different TI but it really pisses me off at the time.

#9 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

If enough people keep complaining about the ass they will get very banned.
Last time I had a really big problem I talked to people on the map, our combined sceenies got the offending party banned.

Apparently this idiot thought it was funny to KS everyone on the map. Encorage others to speak up and report. One person usually isn't enough.

Edited by TheSquishy, 27 June 2012 - 03:16 PM.

#10 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

----2 groups grazing each other or straight up coliding with each other
This scenario happens a lot and not everyone can tell who does and who doesnt have an HP bar beneath them you can't really get mad at this one

---- a single player mobbing gets trampled over by a very tight group
When the incoming group is moving closely together theres no real excuse. To KS the single player is blatant and wrong

---- a single player mobbing gets trampled over by a scattered group
when a group isn't close and spread all over the map its hard to tell when a non party member is in the path of collateral dmg these happen and it sucks but its usually not on purpose

---- A group or player gets "shadowed" by a single or very small group of players that repeatedly grief them or try and take their kills
Ya these SOB's should be reported.. Scum like this make TI's frustrating..

report when you feel its on purpose
when someone gets enough unique reports on em.. its more likely that action is taken imo..

Edited by Helios0, 27 June 2012 - 03:21 PM.

#11 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

From what I noticed, most of these KSers in Ygg Server don't speak English and if you try to talk/pm back, they just ignore you. lol

#12 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

Ugh, I'm on Valk not Ygg, but I really hate this. There are so many times that I'm mobbing and killing or something of that sort, and someone comes and KS'es -.- If it's an accident, than its somewhat understood since I have accidentally ksed people before too. However those that do it on purpose and/or those that give you an attitude about it are the really annoying ones. I remember I was MEing once in the Zombie Prisoner/Rybio TI, and some Sura comes and starts to Sky Blow my mob, and I'm just like seriously? I PM him "Thanks for the epic KS" and he responds with "stfu lil b!tch." Some people are just soooo rude and disrespectful which makes me start to lose interest in Ragnarok. I was actually planning to go to Ygg because I felt that their smaller community was more respectful, but I guess it's becoming corrupted too =/

#13 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:24 PM

There needs to be a better method to report this sort of behavior and a proper punishment in place for it. The issue is that it is rarely punished and when it is the punishment is so lax that it does nothing to deter the behavior in the future.

#14 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

2-Manning Turn-Ins = Asking to get KSed... and yes I have 2-Manned TI's with one other friend and we've had a HUGE issue with rangers just popping out of nowhere and killing our mobs, it's ludicrous why these people would do that to us...

#15 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

Ranger's are the highest offenders of "on-purpose" KSing, in my opinion.

Also speaking of ksing, I was afking my Sera at Amatsu 2, and some Sin X is camping right next to me, and I realized that I got only 3.1% from 30 minutes of afking. So I decided to check the SinX out and I saw that he would quickly kill every monster that my Sera picked up <_<. I tell him to never ks me again or else I would report him. He then proceeded to say "Aww, it was only one Horong!" when I clearly saw him KS more. We then had a sort of argument, but the guy is all "Chill" or "Relax" when I tell him how disrespectful it is to KS off of someone -.- .

Again, this population is killing me <_<.

#16 Halation

Halation

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

Posted Image

#17 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

KSing in TI is really inevitable.
party meet party - they automatically put on untold competition to move faster of each other, ksing each other along the path. even though all of them know they could just move to other path.
But its for the sake of party's pride!! - when the race begin, there is no stop. one who stop they are bunch of losers.

stop being a liar and admit you do and feel the same every time this happen.

Edited by razirazo, 27 June 2012 - 07:13 PM.

#18 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

KSing in TI is really inevitable.
party meet party - they automatically put on untold competition to move faster of each other, ksing each other along the path. even though all of them know they could just move to other path.
But its for the sake of party's pride!! - when the race begin, there is no stop. one who stop they are bunch of losers.

stop being a liar and admit you do and feel the same every time this happen.

I actually don't KS other parties because of a "pride" thing. Whenever I'm the leader I try to GWing away from other parties, but sometimes its inevitable. And I don't feel "prideful" for KSing someone. I usually try to PM anyone I accidently KS, and say sorry for doing so. I actually felt really bad once, because I accidentally ksed a solo'er in a TI, who had a HUGE mob, that I gave them 1M :ani_swt3:

#19 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:51 PM

I actually don't KS other parties because of a "pride" thing. Whenever I'm the leader I try to GWing away from other parties, but sometimes its inevitable. And I don't feel "prideful" for KSing someone. I usually try to PM anyone I accidently KS, and say sorry for doing so. I actually felt really bad once, because I accidentally ksed a solo'er in a TI, who had a HUGE mob, that I gave them 1M :ani_swt3:

when party KSing each other, it is not ks anymore. its just plain competition.

#20 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:57 PM

Lol how do you sound? It's not MVPing or something. If you take a monster that is engaged in a fight with another person or party without their approval, it is classified as a Kill-Steal. You might think there is a "competition," but there really isn't...

#21 saviourimpulse

saviourimpulse

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

How about when 2 parties collide and then they suddenly start heading to the same direction racing (KSing) each other...

#22 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

Competition? What?

KS people at your own risk but don't cry to your mommy if you get banned.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 27 June 2012 - 08:49 PM.

#23 Shadiah

Shadiah

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 637 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

My favorite is when I'm soloing on my ranger and there's an MS sura tank trying to go in the same direction I'm going but he's too damn slow and starts cussing me out because I'm leaving behind a trail of loots.

#24 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2393 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

i reported once and all i get was we will make some kind of investigation. i dont even know if they really did some action towards it. so i just gave up sending ticket. and ofcourse they ended up closing my ticket too. they should make some kind of concrete rules maybe about this? so people will not do it.

#25 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts
  • LocationVeins, Arunafeltz
  • Server:Chaos (Ygg), Classic

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

i reported once and all i get was we will make some kind of investigation. i dont even know if they really did some action towards it. so i just gave up sending ticket. and ofcourse they ended up closing my ticket too. they should make some kind of concrete rules maybe about this? so people will not do it.

There are concrete rules. As far as I remember, KSing is classified as griefing, and is an offense warranting disciplinary action.

You will never be told the outcome of your ticket from the ticketeers, though. It's against their policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users