Like OMG people - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Like OMG people

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 KuroNeko

KuroNeko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Locationon the Serinity
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic >_<

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:08 PM

So i have a friend in RO that plays on Valk that just got this screen after he had been having really bad problems with his client so um yeah GMs need help here
Posted Image

and to add no he has not been doing anything illegal, he just got his slinger to 99/70 and thats when allot of these problems started happening

Edited by KuroNeko, 20 September 2010 - 08:09 PM.

#2 KuroNeko

KuroNeko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:30 PM

shoot forgot to give out his info sry character name is [please do not post character names]'

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:57 PM

You need to tell your friend to send in a ticket to WarpPortal Support as tickets go directly to the GMs. GMs don't frequent the forums, if at all.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:49 PM

Your friend is permabanned.

He must contact the GMs by submitting a ticket through support.warpportal.com and ask why his account was suspended. Depending on the offence, he may or may not be able to get the account back. If the GMs are willing to reinstate the account, they will describe what the player has to do in order to request that.

All communication with the GMs regarding this must be done through the ticket system. They do not discuss account details over the forum.

#5 KuroNeko

KuroNeko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:29 PM

Your friend is permabanned.

He must contact the GMs by submitting a ticket through support.warpportal.com and ask why his account was suspended. Depending on the offence, he may or may not be able to get the account back. If the GMs are willing to reinstate the account, they will describe what the player has to do in order to request that.

All communication with the GMs regarding this must be done through the ticket system. They do not discuss account details over the forum.

the reason i posted something was because this took place after subsequent tickets were sent

#6 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:11 PM

the reason i posted something was because this took place after subsequent tickets were sent

Did your friend get any responses to the tickets?

#7 KuroNeko

KuroNeko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:38 PM

Did your friend get any responses to the tickets?

not that i'm aware of unless this is considered a response, just seems really weird when he finally gets to level 99/70 as a slinger, makes me wonder if there is some kind of bug in a slinger at level 99/70 who knows >.<, but i'll check with him so as to make sure he has not had any replies. And i guess he'll have to make a new ticket but thanks for the help both off you XD hopefully this matter is resolved as soon as possible...it would just seem a waste of a character he has been playing for 3 years

#8 Jinglesbo

Jinglesbo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:35 PM

Occasionally I get a glitch where it pops up with that message, then a "Cannot connect to server." one, or "Disconnected from server."

It may be due to overpopulation on the serverside. :)

#9 HTL2001

HTL2001

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:31 PM

Yikes, thats a hell of a thing to see for a glitch

Out of curiosity, why is 'perma-ban' only last till 2012? RO in on the end of the world conspiracy or something Posted Image

#10 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:46 PM

2012 is an arbitrary date: they just had to input a date far in the future, so why not make it funny while you are at it? If RO is still alive when that day comes, they can just reset the ban to some random date in the future, like year 2987 for example. Don't expect accounts permabanned to be unbanned even if 2012 comes.

I can confirm that there is no bug of such kind for a 99/70 gunner, since I have one so... your friend isn't bugged, but banned. Before anything, tell your 'friend' to mail or post by himself/herself, doubtfuly him/her will get any response at all by having a person proxy post. Plus you are not him/her, so you don't know the details of what happened and can't vouch for him/her =p.

#11 Ovan

Ovan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationSudbury Ontario Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:09 PM

2012 is an arbitrary date: they just had to input a date far in the future, so why not make it funny while you are at it? If RO is still alive when that day comes, they can just reset the ban to some random date in the future, like year 2987 for example. Don't expect accounts permabanned to be unbanned even if 2012 comes.

I can confirm that there is no bug of such kind for a 99/70 gunner, since I have one so... your friend isn't bugged, but banned. Before anything, tell your 'friend' to mail or post by himself/herself, doubtfuly him/her will get any response at all by having a person proxy post. Plus you are not him/her, so you don't know the details of what happened and can't vouch for him/her =p.

I'll vouche for myself they have asked for a tracert about a week ago after I sent it to them I went to log in and I was banned. so wth is going on. I also have the original pic of that banned picture and a picture of my 99/70 gunslinger. Also I have sent numerous Tickets in asking about why i'm unjustly banned for no reason and asking to reinstate a banned account cause I know I have not done anything illegal at all. It literally took me 3 years to 99 that character lol.

Edited by Ovan, 22 September 2010 - 09:19 PM.

#12 KuroNeko

KuroNeko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:31 PM

I can confirm that there is no bug of such kind for a 99/70 gunner, since I have one so... your friend isn't bugged, but banned. Before anything, tell your 'friend' to mail or post by himself/herself, doubtfully him/her will get any response at all by having a person proxy post. Plus you are not him/her, so you don't know the details of what happened and can't vouch for him/her =p.

i do agree with you its not a glitch and that the date has no actual meaning as to when his account is reinstated (i also hope that its only banned so as to allow someone to work on it without it being messed with) its good to know that there are other level 99/70 slingers with out this problem, and i understand that it might not get as much attention as it should but his previous post about said problem hasn't even been addressed.
So yes it might not be the best course of action but, i find that i have brought more attention to this problem than his multiple tickets that have been sent in.
And yes i completely understand that the GMs and for that matter IRO's customer service is lack luster at best, but i do not think that someone should be left in the dark as he has, on why exactly he was banned. Even a email about the specific problem would be better than him having to wait on pins a needles for even the slightest bit of info.
Bottom line GMs (even if we are on Valk and it dose not seem like its worth it) you need to do your jobs a little bit better than you are now.
With renewal coming do not just give up on the people that have been playing for years and just throw them to the curb, for the new people that will come...remember its going to be the people that have stuck through with you in moments just like this that will continue to keep playing even when all the others leave so please help us out on problems like this and do not throw us away...

#13 KuroNeko

KuroNeko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:38 PM

TO the GM team i just wanted to say thank you very much i just heard from Ovan that he got back on.
thank you working as fast as you could, and i know he appreciates it (lols one of my guild mates is finally back)
but really i cant express the thanks for fixing the problem

ps. i see no point in this thread going on anymore if its possible locking it would be nice i know we do not like old threads coming back so see you in Valk XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users