I know this is crazy! vote for server merge? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

I know this is crazy! vote for server merge?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 KeitobiPepsi

KeitobiPepsi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:13 AM

http://forums.warppo...k-server-merge/

Follow my Poll! and please Vote!! It regards on ymir/valk server possibily merging together?

I know this is Crazy!!

I'd love to see teh community reaction and thought.

For all the haters out there. I understand its weird but ymir only has 300-600 active characters. and we all know half of them are alternative accounts.

So give it a thought and vote for merging valk and ymir?!

Thanks!

sorry for the edit of the polls. but i added more variables to the equation.

Edited by KeitobiPepsi, 01 July 2012 - 07:56 AM.

#2 PudinPuddy

PudinPuddy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • Locationjumping out a window
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin + Chaos

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:14 AM

Wait for it....

#3 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:21 AM

ymir and ygg should merge.
valk has been diagnosed with SBS (severe bot syndrome) and should be quarantined

#4 KeitobiPepsi

KeitobiPepsi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:24 AM

either way. mmo's are known for bots. and ive grown up into RO with bots. it doesn't make a difference to me. but it brings in a lot of in game economy and fun with a lot more people. the past year on Ymir has been an epic fail and a struggle with the community... and now with an amazing classic server. our servers are small to begin with. and now its gunna get smaller. i do not want to give up after sooo many years and i somewhat enjoy renewal. just needs more people :]

#5 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:28 AM

But if you merge ymir and valk you have one server with 2.5k people on, the other with only 600.
If you merge ymir and ygg you have 1 server with about 1.3k people and another with 2k
Evens it out
Plus they could do the one vip one free sever thing.
Well that's just what I would do in their situation.

#6 KeitobiPepsi

KeitobiPepsi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:34 AM

hmm maybe. i kind of enjoy bots in game. makes me feel like RO back in the good ol' days. So i wouldn't mind merging valk and ymir and either ygg. i'm sure itd be better to merge ygg and ymir. but i say -_- it and just add everyone into one server and fight to the end :] just like chaos,loki and iris :D

#7 Dinosexy

Dinosexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:43 AM

Ymir has grown expotentially futher than ygg to the point ygg will never be on the same wavelength economically or competitively. Merging the two will just have the ymir populus overwhelm the ygg, effectively killing the ygg community off. Valk is the server closer to Ymir in these aspects to it would make more sense to merge those two. Regardless of your opinion about the bot problem, which if anything acts as artificial growth to put it on closer to being on the same standing as Ymir.

That being said though Ymir is an OP mess that cannot be salvaged. It should be quarantined off, not merged.

#8 Tyrael

Tyrael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:48 AM

Ymir has grown expotentially futher than ygg to the point ygg will never be on the same wavelength economically or competitively. Merging the two will just have the ymir populus overwhelm the ygg, effectively killing the ygg community off. Valk is the server closer to Ymir in these aspects to it would make more sense to merge those two. Regardless of your opinion about the bot problem, which if anything acts as artificial growth to put it on closer to being on the same standing as Ymir.

That being said though Ymir is an OP mess that cannot be salvaged. It should be quarantined off, not merged.

No. Ygg is dead, valk is dead, Ymir is dead now (thanks to classic). We need a merge, but we also seriously need a ultimate smack down on the bots, they have already crept into classic.

#9 KeitobiPepsi

KeitobiPepsi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:54 AM

No. Ygg is dead, valk is dead, Ymir is dead now (thanks to classic). We need a merge, but we also seriously need a ultimate smack down on the bots, they have already crept into classic.

exactly. and ygg wouldn't have existed if it wasn't for the three main server merging together from the beginning and all the whinoes complaning about how OP the server was. at this point with how popular classic is going to be. i rather see a growth in what use to be THE MAIN SERVER...and not become a pile of crap that no one cares about anymore. specially when im still using the same account from 2006 >_>

Edited by KeitobiPepsi, 01 July 2012 - 07:55 AM.

#10 Dinosexy

Dinosexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:56 AM

I hope you have something to back that statement up with. Numbers on Valk and Ygg are the same as they've usually been on average. Unless you can incredibly decipher beyond an assumption which is bot and human activity I wouldn't call that dead.

i rather see a growth in what use to be THE MAIN SERVER...and not become a pile of crap that no one cares about anymore. specially when im still using the same account from 2006 >_>

My server is the most important! It needs to be conserved at any cost, even if it means the other servers!

Who's being a whinoe again?

Edited by Dinosexy, 01 July 2012 - 08:04 AM.

#11 KeitobiPepsi

KeitobiPepsi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:03 AM

these are died servers compared to what loki,chaos and iris use to be lol. and they're back to where they started. three servers dying lol. classic is going to grow bigger then all of them. unless all the kids that loved pre renewal are tooo busy with life lol.

I also edited the polls for those who voted eariler. thanks for the coorperation

Edited by KeitobiPepsi, 01 July 2012 - 08:05 AM.

#12 KeitobiPepsi

KeitobiPepsi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:09 AM

i have to be a whinoe cause the server is literally died. no gameplay no nothing. i rather see another merge. cause theres not much going on with this server. but to put time into a server that the server doesn't really cares about is just bad business lol. im just trying to get -_- done sooo i can have more people to woe with lol. and it use to be the main server, so it needs some respect like grandparents lol.

and whats wrong with adding 300-600 people to another server? we to OP for you guys... QQ lol we just need more people. nuff sed.

Edited by KeitobiPepsi, 01 July 2012 - 08:11 AM.

#13 Dinosexy

Dinosexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:12 AM

You're getting mighty ahead of yourself there. There are some things I should probably point out

Loki/Iris/Chaos days are irrelevant. That was ragnaroks prime. MMO culture and Competition have grown since then. Those numbers will never happen again.

Classic is just as susceptible to bots as valk, yet still has half the overall server activity.

Its too early to determine whether or not people will stay at classic. Theres an equally good chance for it to shrink as it is to grow. Right now its the new thing and people want to check it out. I'd actually say its more likely that the activity will go down, but thats just my guess.

If you're so bummed with ymir inactivity then join a new server or request a transfer. Heritage is not a substantial reason to make any major decisions by.

#14 KeitobiPepsi

KeitobiPepsi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

it should, cause the servers are gunna die either way if you want to look at it like that. and i rather see a full on merge then supporting a single server.

#15 Dinosexy

Dinosexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:22 AM

Do share, how the servers are going to die either way.

I actively level and WoE on both ygg and valk and I can tell you right now I'm never hard up finding a TI party or castle competition. Not short on being comped any MVPs either.
Are you actually basing what you're saying on anything or are just pushing your insecurities about ymirs success onto the other servers as well?

#16 KeitobiPepsi

KeitobiPepsi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:32 AM

dino i do understand where you're coming from. yes ymir is just a pile of crap now. id like to see something happen with ymir. and i really dont mean dying, more as in a lessen of the community. the servers are dropping and we can't control that. people just stop playing or other ectectect stuff going on. i'm just saying we are basically at the same point when Ymir/Valk was created. id love to see more activity on our servers. but i highly think ymir should be a more focus on a server merge then ygg being killed off and spread out to desire server. specially when ygg is doing a lot better then us.

Edited by KeitobiPepsi, 01 July 2012 - 08:36 AM.

#17 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

Wait for it....

^this
also wait for woe to start on pre-renewal lol then you can expect drastic drops.

#18 Dinosexy

Dinosexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:42 AM

The thing is though, any activity issues caused by the introduction of classic are a ymir issue. Not an IRO issue. As I've said Ygg and Valk numbers are the same as they've been for months. You could argue the population is stagnant, sure. But not dead. Because of this merging ymir with any server will only cause the subject server to be dragged down with ymir.

#19 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

Ygg is not dead -_-.

#20 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

Troll thread is trolling.

#21 KeitobiPepsi

KeitobiPepsi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:56 AM

theres not much to ymir to drag down anymore. they've really cleaned out the OP and killed off a lot of main guilds for third parting crap. one of the reasons why its sooo died too. but i would like to get a merge going on so i can enjoy the game i joined 8 years ago. then having to pay for a server transfer without my ol friends. specially when there's no reason to keep a 200-600 character server thats struggling to do anything lol.

#22 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

theres not much to ymir to drag down anymore. they've really cleaned out the OP and killed off a lot of main guilds for third parting crap. one of the reasons why its sooo died too. but i would like to get a merge going on so i can enjoy the game i joined 8 years ago. then having to pay for a server transfer without my ol friends. specially when there's no reason to keep a 200-600 character server thats struggling to do anything lol.

You wanna talk to 600+ Ymirians. When they tried that Yggrasil merge crap? Please, do so. Talk to all the players in Ymir and watch them riot. Try the same with Yggdrasil.

Edit: No matter how much YOU want a merge, have you ever considered everyone else's thoughts? If you'll dig around in the archives, you will find all the rioting regarding the Yggdrasil server merge that they planned.

Edited by Senkasa, 01 July 2012 - 09:07 AM.

#23 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

let them die play classic!!

b4 u get all butthurt it's a damn joke....

Edited by Niji, 01 July 2012 - 09:23 AM.

#24 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

What’s the point of putting everyone together on one server if the content is the same and been quiet boring? Get what the real problem is? Aside from renewal being not that appealing in some parts, everything else is being handed out w/o effort (god seal resets, turn ins, etc) thanks to the whiny community which lead to killing interest in game faster. If Classic is a success without all the modded additions I won't be surprised.

This topic been discussed many many times, but merger has never been a good resolution in iRo as far as I have experienced. So if you want to kill the three servers go ahead and stress on a merger so then we can focus on Classic.

#25 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

[mod]http://forums.warppo...k-server-merge/

http://forums.warppo...happen-to-ymir/

http://forums.warppo...enewal-servers/

This topic has come up a hundred times before. Read back instead of making a new thread, please.[/mod]

Edited by Ralis, 01 July 2012 - 09:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users