4th and 5th slot not accessible if VIP runs out (Classic Server) - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

4th and 5th slot not accessible if VIP runs out (Classic Server)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jaylester

jaylester

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:39 PM

sir oda, my vip just run out and my main character is on the 4th slot, now i cant log in with that, so do i have to do vip to be able to play that char or ill just delete one of my novice char in that account?

#2 Shadiah

Shadiah

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 637 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

If this goes by the usual rules, deleting a character will just free up that slot, the other characters won't "shift over" to fill the empty slot. So the character in your fourth slot will remain there and if you deleted say the 2nd slot, it would be blank and would allow you to make another character. Also, I know if you delete 4th or higher slot with no vip, it won't let you make another one in that slot.

#3 jaylester

jaylester

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:19 AM

since there was no clear rule about this matter, can we get compensation and maybe they can move it to a free slot? since vip in this server will only get 2 slots and nothing else, i dont think thats reasonable enough.

#4 aldrich

aldrich

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:27 AM

the-_-? this needs to change

#5 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:03 AM

It doesn't need to change, players just need to recognize that it's a non-subscription based service. And like many services offered by other institutions, there are free services that are offered and then there are premium services. In many cases premium service is paid as a payment or fee rather then a subscription. This is the best way for Gravity (like any other gaming companies) to generate income due to the fact that many players (of the iRO world) are opposed to the subscription based payments. Gravity isn't profit oriented, however if they aren't able to at least meet the cost of providing this service, they'll loose money. When that starts to happen you see server merges amd really over powered items released in lucky boxes.

So it's either server is funded by Lucky boxes, server mergers to consolidate cost, subscriptions or at the worst the server shutting down, since no one wants any of that, VIP has become by default the solution to the problem.

What is good or the goose isn't good for the gander. If players took the time to read that idiom, there would be less discussions about "Me" and more about "We".

#6 FullSmile

FullSmile

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:13 AM

since there was no clear rule about this matter, can we get compensation and maybe they can move it to a free slot? since vip in this server will only get 2 slots and nothing else, i dont think thats reasonable enough.

Agreed. If they were going to implement it that way it should have been announced.
We have VIP system on other servers and once you create characters, even if your VIP runs out, the characters still stay playable.

Not informing people they would no longer be able to access these chars and the gears on it is just plain bad business.

#7 MintAdnade

MintAdnade

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:42 AM

Afaik, you should be able to access the existing characters, but shouldn't be able to delete then remake in those slots. At least that's how it works on Ymir.

Sounds like a case for the bug forums.

Edited by MintAdnade, 02 July 2012 - 06:47 AM.

#8 DaJoke

DaJoke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • LocationPayon Dungeon
  • Server:Ymir,Classic

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

yeah should be once you make it you can play it but not remake it if you delete it

#9 Equilizer

Equilizer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

fix this please.

#10 nixophilic88

nixophilic88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:47 AM

VIP don't have enhanced rates. On top of which now the extra slots aren't permanent. Can someone explain me, why shall I buy VIP when I can create multiple free accounts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users