Newbie in need of some help. - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Newbie in need of some help.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 acovert25

acovert25

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNewark, Ohio
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

Hi all, I just started playing.

Trying to make a swordsman: job level 10, basic level 10, and the swordsman trainer in Izlude town isn't allowing me to become one, even though I have met the requirements. I've spent probably the last 3-4 hours asking for help and being totally ignored in game at the eden garden place, so I've come here after I've tried looking for an answer on the board and not finding one.

Any suggestions for me? Totally lost, and I have no idea what to do or where to go really.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

You need job level 10, and you need to have put all those skill points into Basic Skill, learning it to level 9.

Press alt+S or click the skills button. Level up "Basic Skill" to 9 (Spending all points), then click Apply. Now talk to the npc in izlude and you will be able to change to swordsman

#3 acovert25

acovert25

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNewark, Ohio

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

Wow, I feel totally dumb, no one people were ignoring the moron blaring about asking for help for that, haha. :)

Thanks DrAzzy.. now I can play the game. :P LOL I feel totally stupid.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

It is an extremely common point of confusion; it is not made very clear in training grounds.

#5 acovert25

acovert25

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNewark, Ohio

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

Ok, so I restarted on Classic. The above stickied guide is great, however being basic 12 and job 6, i'm having a hard time getting to where the spores are because the wolves will wtfpwn me pretty hard, I've probably died 15 times just trying to get to the spore's map.

I decided to kill the smaller stuff on the first map south of Payon, simply because I have no money, no armor, and a novice falchion. Anyone provide advice other than what I'm currently doing?

I hope to be able to sell some loot to try and get better equips, just wanted to see if what I was doing was on the right track.

#6 czarmascarado

czarmascarado

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

Wolfs arent agressive, you can just ignore them, then get to the spores map. Or you can try to level up on Prontera Crulvets (good until level ~30)

Bump vit if you want an easy time leveling, try to gather some zeny for a Ring Pommel Saber (http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/1122/). Then put it to +6 aaaand you're set!
Skill-wise, your passive 1 handed sword mastery and HP regen are awesome, since they dont eat up SP, unlike bash.

Early on, vit-def will do such a major part of damage reduction. If you spend ~80k zenny on boots + manteau + helm, you'd have 14% damage reduction, in the other hand, with 50 vit, you'd have 40 flat damage reduction, which is enough to tank wolfs taking less than 10 damage a hit.

If you want to go to the 2handed swords/aspd build, you can bump into agi and try to dodge the attacks, but without gear it's kinda hard to do so.

Edited by czarmascarado, 04 July 2012 - 08:29 AM.

#7 acovert25

acovert25

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNewark, Ohio

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:37 AM

Wolfs arent agressive, you can just ignore them, then get to the spores map. Or you can try to level up on Prontera Crulvets (good until level ~30)

Bump vit if you want an easy time leveling, try to gather some zeny for a Ring Pommel Saber (http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/1122/). Then put it to +6 aaaand you're set!
Skill-wise, your passive 1 handed sword mastery and HP regen are awesome, since they dont eat up SP, unlike bash.

Nice, thanks for that! I planned on 2h, gathering zeny for the Katana and then + that up to 7 or so. I'll try again to get to the spores, thanks again.

EDIT: Also, I've been bumping up str, vit, agi, and dex. There is a 2h build, for knight, that's called bowling bash I believe, that I'm planning on for the moment. Seems like what I want, I like the vit. It's from this sight: http://www.valkplaye...om/?page_id=296 down toward the bottom where it talks about leveling up pre-trans.

I know it's for renewal, but I thought it'd be ok to follow to a point.

Edited by acovert25, 04 July 2012 - 08:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users