Unable to use classic server on windows 7 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Unable to use classic server on windows 7

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 joann

joann

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:40 AM

i done this

1. Patch the normal Ragnarok Renewal Client.
2. Completely exit the Ragnarok Client
3. Goto the Ragnarok Folder and find ClassicRO.exe
4. Run ClassicRO.exe....

and i even done a fresh install then repatched everything did the run as admin thing. open classic ro exe

either i get a error and the setup.exe runs and won't close or it comes super tiny and it crushes if i start typing.

i have friends who run windows 7 had the same issues as me. and it funny i told them to do a new install and patch in admin etc and it worked for them..

some help?

#2 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

Try this.

#3 joann

joann

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:53 AM

Done that, still not working correctly : / . wondering if i should do that in safe mode?

#4 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:37 AM

I don't think that would make any difference. :(

I think this problem and the similar problems that many other people are experiencing with the Classic client are being caused by incorrect file system or registry permissions being set on the client's files, the Classic client being run with UAC virtualisation enabled, or both.

Unfortunately, it's extremely impractical to investigate such complex problems without access to an affected computer. Would you therefore be willing to allow me to investigate the problem using TeamViewer?

Edited by richard, 04 July 2012 - 07:38 AM.

#5 SnuggleBunneh

SnuggleBunneh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:22 AM

I dont know if this will help anyone but my husband had the same problem and we figured out it was because he updated vista to win7. After he reformated and installed xp then upgraded to win7 it works fine.

(I have always hated vista)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users