It's too hard to start out with nothing! Wah! - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 6 votes

It's too hard to start out with nothing! Wah!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 GoldMalice

GoldMalice

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos (RIP Ymir ;_;)

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

POPULAR

iRO: "Alright, here's some rentals that make it a lot easier that don't work in WoE or PvP"
Community: "omg fockin iRO always ruining game GG opopop"

Y'all can never be pleased.

Edited by GoldMalice, 04 July 2012 - 04:18 PM.

#2 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

+1 for making me laugh.

#3 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

Posted Image

#4 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

iRO: "Alright, here's some rentals that make it a lot easier"

Most of the backlash seemed to come from the lack of communication on the matter. I bet some people still don't know it's PVM only and they're removed from sale in 2 weeks.

#5 GalenDresden

GalenDresden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

Thank you and thirded by me for funny!

I'm sorry to those of you who are taking the gears thing as seriously as you but even I am getting tired of the threads about it. Let's all just enjoy the game as we each see fit. I will do my best to not make you grind and you do your best to not make me want to tothe Kafrashop? Can we all agree to disagree?

#6 Smolderbil

Smolderbil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

Most of the backlash seemed to come from the lack of communication on the matter. I bet some people still don't know it's PVM only and they're removed from sale in 2 weeks.

I agree. I was initially pissed when I read about the rental armors but the rage kinda subsided a bit when I learned more about the issue.

#7 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

iRO: "Alright, here's some rentals that make it a lot easier that don't work in WoE or PvP"

I've always seen it as an endless void myself ~(`~ `)~

#8 Ration

Ration

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

Exactly. All they had to do was make a simple forum post BEFORE releasing the items.

#9 SpoonMonarcH

SpoonMonarcH

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

It's kind of typical for an online community. There's always people whining no matter what; they don't really realize that no matter how much they threaten to ragequit (which they won't), even if they do leave the server population will barely be affected. Time and time again, it's kinda been proven that the people who whine are the same vocal minority that are simply insatiable, entitled brats. Companies make mistakes all the time. They're run by humans and humans make a lot of mistakes. People just don't realize that their points are infinitely more coherent if they presented themselves in a mature, serious and unemotional way.

But you know, it's hard to teach that to infants =/ what can you expect.

#10 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:43 PM

Sorry dude, but classic is boring.
The only way to combat that boringness is to level fast.
The only way to level fast is to buy kafra gears.
Or play renewal.
I'll be on ymir if you need me.

#11 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

I'm having a hard time finding players to party with, because most of them solo if they have kafra gear D:

#12 Valkayre

Valkayre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationNew World, S Texas District
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin Ch.15 ~ Alberta

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:56 PM

The thing is that pre-renewal is simply not for some ppl that learned to play after the renewal.

EDIT:

well it shows that players can't manage to play without cash shop items ~

I'm not the only one hehe..

Edited by Valkayre, 04 July 2012 - 11:59 PM.

#13 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:59 PM

I'm having a hard time finding players to party with, because most of them solo if they have kafra gear D:

Before the latest round of kafra gears i found alot of parties as most of the gears were weapons so defensively people still needed help. Now with armor gears even mages can solo and tank.

I am someone that seldom parties but i was kind of forced to at first and it was quite enjoyable. Now i'm like, don't slow me down and solo.

#14 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:03 AM

I love grinding solo :D. Partying just makes it more interesting!

#15 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:29 AM

Ihave been soloing since beginning thanks to my schedule,

But also today I stopped and give some of my supplies to a random aco when i seeing him trying to heal himself... It was akward for him to get something like that for free :o

#16 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts
  • LocationVeins, Arunafeltz
  • Server:Chaos (Ygg), Classic

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:47 AM

Ihave been soloing since beginning thanks to my schedule,

But also today I stopped and give some of my supplies to a random aco when i seeing him trying to heal himself... It was akward for him to get something like that for free :o

Presents are always awkward, especially when you're poor. You always want to pay the person back, but by the time you're in any position to do so, you've lost contact, or it's just as awkward to bring it back up. Derp.

#17 himz

himz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:49 AM

classic iro just took a bad route. you can blame the people in charge its been happening for over 6 years Kafra and money is worth more then enjoying the game with everyone . except people who'se credit card is big and can afford the endless amounts of items gears and levels.... very sad will miss 2002-2005 ragnarok online server CHOAS!!!!!

#18 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts
  • LocationVeins, Arunafeltz
  • Server:Chaos (Ygg), Classic

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:52 AM

classic iro just took a bad route. you can blame the people in charge its been happening for over 6 years Kafra and money is worth more then enjoying the game with everyone . except people who'se credit card is big and can afford the endless amounts of items gears and levels.... very sad will miss 2002-2005 ragnarok online server CHOAS!!!!!

I'm moved by your positivity.

#19 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:39 AM

I'm a loner. Solo all the way. And I'm not using those rental gears. Just looking at them depresses me. I didn't know they would be gone in 2 weeks, though. That makes me feel a tad bit better, although I'm sure something even more ridiculous will be added in the future.

#20 Valkayre

Valkayre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationNew World, S Texas District
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin Ch.15 ~ Alberta

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:32 AM

I'm a loner. Solo all the way. And I'm not using those rental gears. Just looking at them depresses me. I didn't know they would be gone in 2 weeks, though. That makes me feel a tad bit better, although I'm sure something even more ridiculous will be added in the future.

You are quite a valuable player because of that. I hate kafra shop, rental... D:

I think rental is a major factor that disgraces the server, not making it into an authentic PreRenewal RO, but *sigh* let's see what happens in the next couple weeks.

rental items will be gone in 2 weeks?

Edited by Valkayre, 05 July 2012 - 05:36 AM.

#21 SpoonMonarcH

SpoonMonarcH

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:35 AM

I haven't used rentals / kafra boosts either although I'm kind of a herpderp merchant who can only level mobbing with revo.

#22 GalenDresden

GalenDresden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:38 AM

Cupcake cannon...FIRE!!!!! *splatters himz with pink and purple cupcakes* Take that! This is a "ClassicRO is fun" party so check the frown at the door and replace with smiles! That's an order from Captain Galen!

See! We do finally have other colors of cupcakes! :rice:

:p_smile:
Guess this means we are having a food fight?

Edited by GalenDresden, 05 July 2012 - 06:43 AM.

#23 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:41 AM

big credit card? lol. even a person making minimum wage can easily afford a 2 week rental. most of the veteran old players too have zeny from their respective servers of ymir (from loki/iris/chaos) or if they played valk. to them all of this is free. if you kno what you are doing, you should never have to use real money for ro.

God forbid someone spends 10 bucks every 2 weeks on something they like to make it more efficient and fast.

#24 krossfire

krossfire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

+1

#25 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

big credit card? lol. even a person making minimum wage can easily afford a 2 week rental. most of the veteran old players too have zeny from their respective servers of ymir (from loki/iris/chaos) or if they played valk. to them all of this is free. if you kno what you are doing, you should never have to use real money for ro.

God forbid someone spends 10 bucks every 2 weeks on something they like to make it more efficient and fast.

AMEN! Though you forgot to say, nobody is holding a gun to your head to buy stuff too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users