Quick question.. about ClassicRO - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Quick question.. about ClassicRO

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 scorpio777

scorpio777

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:14 AM

I have not played on classic server yet, but reading
most of the posts and complaints about the server iself brings to me a simple inquery..

Why didn't warp portal start classic from the ground up?
I mean When I thought of classic the first time I heard and read rumors,
I imagined the good old days of when I first started back when they had just started
adding in the 1st job classes.
The experience itself was something I treasure.. So I ask...
Why not start from the ground up? and update... people would be able to experience old payon, and old morroc, which im sure people would join, just to see those nostalgic maps again.
This would also give you, the Devs time to work out updates.

It was just a thought, and I'm not QQ'ing just making an inquery, take care and stay safe.
and thanks warp portal staff for putting up with us for this long.

#2 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:16 AM

Technical reasons I suppose.

#3 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:18 AM

we actually have old morroc. the GMs claime however that old payon doesn't fit all the required NPCs. which is of course BS, but it would be alot of work to rearrange payon and all the NPC locations to fit the older, smaller map, and they just want to save that work, i guess.

#4 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:19 AM

It's already too late for beginning from Beta, or whatever, but that being said, I'm pretty sure most players actually want a blend of Pre-Re and Renewal. The Renewal elements mainly being UI/Party Tweaks/Modern conveniences.

Classic is less Classic and more "Not 3rd Class or Renewal mechanics". Classic Mechanics + Renewal Interfaces.

Edited by Scott, 05 July 2012 - 03:20 AM.

#5 scorpio777

scorpio777

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:22 AM

Thanks for the reply.. I was afraid my post was goign to be devoured by a pack of
wild kobolds or something..
* ahem *
I just was currious, I mean how many of you would like to start from the ground up?
when things were freash and crisp, with possibility.
I'm quite aware that this may not be possible now... but it's just a question that
has been nagging at me since the Classic server opened.

#6 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:32 AM

completely starting over from very early stages of pre-renewal wouldn't be a good idea, in my opinion. the only reason that makes people want such a thing are nostalic thoughts from the past, of better days were everything about RO was new and exciting to them.

actually playing that again would make most people realize how many inconvieniences and flaws the old days, despite fond memories, had.

except for the new cash-shop rental items. the current state (ignoring minor bugs that still need fixing) of the server is extremely satisfying and definitely worth checking out.

Edited by Agahim, 05 July 2012 - 06:31 AM.

#7 scorpio777

scorpio777

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:54 AM

Agahim, you bring up a valid point, eh this topic was just meant to satisfy curiosity,
then again seeing old maps would be welcome to me, but that may just be me.
And yea, there were quite a few problems back in the days, so starting from scratch might've been
a bit far fetched, but would've still been nice to see again.

That said, thanks for the replies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users