#1 SethEclipse

SethEclipse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Wyvern, lvl 1~ 40

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:37 AM

I looked all over in the item mall, but couldn't find it so I'm asking: are there cash-only itens that improve any stats permanently? Or in short: is Dragon Saga pay to win?

#2 RetardedPony

RetardedPony

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Server:The third one.

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:21 AM

are there cash-only itens that improve any stats permanently?

No.

Or in short: is Dragon Saga pay to win?

Sadly, I have to say yes.
At higher levels, people that don't buy IM can't do anything; the best they can do is +5 equips and let's be honest, that just isn't enough.

#3 SethEclipse

SethEclipse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Server:Wyvern, lvl 1~ 40

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

Thanks for the answer. By the way, is there any warpportal game full of people playing and little pay to win?

Edited by SethEclipse, 07 July 2012 - 07:04 AM.

#4 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:33 AM

Cash shop is uselss now. Only thing you need to do is to +20 your weapon so you can ohko anyone without 600+heath,400+evade,48% block rate

#5 RetardedPony

RetardedPony

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

Cash shop is uselss now. Only thing you need to do is to +20 your weapon

You need to buy IM to +20 your weapon so it's technically a P2W game and the CS isn't useless since almost everyone now is a fashion whoar.

Edited by RetardedPony, 07 July 2012 - 08:57 AM.

#6 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

Only need +20 for high end pvp or if your a ninja and want to do elga. As for fashion items they really don't make a difference imo.Edit: since the hp nerd its debatable if you even need to go past +5 for pvp.

Edited by StormHaven, 07 July 2012 - 09:18 AM.

#7 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

Sadly he's right. Defense has become useless unless you stack Physical damage drop, insane amounts of hp, block, or evade. Anyone with a CD/Cr/Aim build-up w/ a +20 weapon could wreck everything with the right amount of skill. Even 21k defense max hp seems to drop like a brick to me.

#8 Bicho

Bicho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

Yup, this game is pay to win.
To make a +20 weapon u need buy IM

#9 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

How many insurance does it take about to make a +20 weapon? I know luck is a big factor of course, but just wondering what would be a reasonable amount players should expect to spend to upgrade only that one piece of gear.

#10 RetardedPony

RetardedPony

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

How many insurance does it take about to make a +20 weapon? I know luck is a big factor of course, but just wondering what would be a reasonable amount players should expect to spend to upgrade only that one piece of gear.

I have very bad luck and it took me ~50 to +15/legend a pair of Paris Wings so to +20 I would say ~120 [50 N.IS/70 R.IS]

Edited by RetardedPony, 07 July 2012 - 01:12 PM.

#11 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

somewhere between $20 to $1500

#12 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

Here's how it goes:

Do you like to PvP? -> Yes -> Better spend lots of money, friend.
Do you like to PvP? -> No -> See next question, unless you like to AFK all day at level cap.

Do you want to be able to do the endgame dungeon? -> Yes-> Are you a Ninja? -> Yes-> Better spend lots of money, guy.
Do you want to be able to do the endgame dungeon? -> Yes-> Are you a Ninja? -> No -> Are you a Paladin? -> Yes-> Find a rich Ninja friend and become best buddies. Buy severe amounts of Safety Foam.
Do you want to be able to do the endgame dungeon? -> Yes -> Are you a Ninja? -> No -> Are you a Paladin? -> No -> Better get interested in PvP, man. See the first question.
Do you want to be able to do the endgame dungeon? -> No -> See first question about PvP.

Bonus points:

Are you a Sorcerer? -> Yes -> HAHA ENJOY YOUR MISERABLE EXISTENCE YOU PATHETIC FOOL THIS GAME JUST SITS AND LAUGHS AT YOU FOR PICKING THAT CLASS IT'S LIKE YOU REALLY EXPECTED SOME FORM OF COHERENCY IN CLASS CAPABILITY YOU PROBABLY THINK THAT GETTING 100S ON ALL YOUR TESTS MEANS YOU GET AN A+ AVERAGE FOR YOUR GRADE BUT WHAT IT REALLY MEANS IS "I GOT ALL 100S ON MY TESTS, BUT FOR SOME REASON THE TEACHER SAID I'M STUPID" IT'S LIKE YOU REALLY THOUGHT THAT CLASS WAS VIABLE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM

#13 Crowning

Crowning

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

Here's how it goes:

Do you like to PvP? -> No -> See next question, unless you like to AFK all day at level cap.

Do you want to be able to do the endgame dungeon? -> Yes-> Are you a Ninja? -> Yes-> Better spend lots of money, guy.
Do you want to be able to do the endgame dungeon? -> Yes-> Are you a Ninja? -> No -> Are you a Paladin? -> Yes-> Find a rich Ninja friend and become best buddies. Buy severe amounts of Safety Foam.
Do you want to be able to do the endgame dungeon? -> Yes -> Are you a Ninja? -> No -> Are you a Paladin? -> No -> Better get interested in PvP, man. See the first question.
Do you want to be able to do the endgame dungeon? -> No -> See first question about PvP.

Bonus points:

Are you a Sorcerer? -> Yes -> HAHA ENJOY YOUR MISERABLE EXISTENCE YOU PATHETIC FOOL THIS GAME JUST SITS AND LAUGHS AT YOU FOR PICKING THAT CLASS IT'S LIKE YOU REALLY EXPECTED SOME FORM OF COHERENCY IN CLASS CAPABILITY YOU PROBABLY THINK THAT GETTING 100S ON ALL YOUR TESTS MEANS YOU GET AN A+ AVERAGE FOR YOUR GRADE BUT WHAT IT REALLY MEANS IS "I GOT ALL 100S ON MY TESTS, BUT FOR SOME REASON THE TEACHER SAID I'M STUPID" IT'S LIKE YOU REALLY THOUGHT THAT CLASS WAS VIABLE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM

What about Invokers?
Getting my razor blades ready.

#14 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

What am I? An Overlord.
What is this dice? Gamble.
What did you roll? Fury.
Here ninjas. Have an extra 13% pure crit rate for 6+ minutes.

Haters gonna hate man.

#15 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

Overlords are a luxury. The bare necessities remain unchanged and the task is impossible without them.

As for Invokers, I think someone would want an Overlord before an Invoker. Not sure.

#16 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

Overlords are a luxury. The bare necessities remain unchanged and the task is impossible without them.

As for Invokers, I think someone would want an Overlord before an Invoker. Not sure.

Fury can be a godsend. But you won't always roll it. Invokers however. EC and quick heals help greatly.

#17 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:00 PM

6 ninjas, 2 paladins....

go make elga cry

#18 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

Here's how it goes:

Bonus points:

Posted Image

Edited by Miname, 07 July 2012 - 05:06 PM.

#19 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

What about Overlord? I still do alot in Dragon Saga @ Endgame, yet not cap yet.

#20 Monyot

Monyot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:09 AM

Just wondering. What's wrong with sorcerer? Is it the worst class, or?

#21 Bicho

Bicho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

Sorcerers have a lot of disadvantages compared with other classes... It's the most slow in game, even if u stack movement speed all the skills require more time (sometimes patient) than the other classes to be used, their set stats are useless, if the enemy is an evade stacked or locker better just surrender, the only really OP thing is slow heal and it's forbidden at pvp, mana shield is a good skill but consume lots of MP and with that new "game balance" the MP was reduced 20%.

And finally, once u get locked is impossible to escape.

#22 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

Sorcerors actually have the potential to be very good. I'm sure any class would be more than happy to have mana shield, I don't see how it consumes lots of mp unless you were already going to die in the first place. And for evade players and getting locked well.... that applies to everybody.

#23 Bicho

Bicho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

Sorcerors actually have the potential to be very good. I'm sure any class would be more than happy to have mana shield, I don't see how it consumes lots of mp unless you were already going to die in the first place. And for evade players and getting locked well.... that applies to everybody.

Haha i am just saying that compared with ninja, paladin, pathfinder or priest, Sorcerer have more disadvantages.

#24 RetardedPony

RetardedPony

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

Haha i am just saying that compared with ninja, paladin, pathfinder or priest, Sorcerer have more disadvantages.

Every class has disadvantages compared to a paladin.

#25 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

Cause having slow heal, being able to stack up to 80% PDD, having the debatable the 2nd best crowd control in the game is disadvantage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users