Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

This week's kRO update featured enhanced versions of many episode 1-5 headgears that have since become obsolete with age. Things like Munak Hat and Solar God Helm. This inspired me to create a list of improved weapons, which would be created the same as headgears (turn in old item, get 100 quest points).

I'll start with useless dancer whips.

Improved Blade Whip [2]
ATK: 170
Weight: 120
Weapon Level: 4
Required Level: 30

LUK +5.
Adds a 3% chance of inflicting [Bleeding] on the target when doing a melee attack.
Increase chance to inflict [Bleeding] by 1% per refine of the weapon.
If refined +9 or higher, adds a 5% chance to inflict [Critical Wounds] Level 2 on the enemy when performing a short-ranged physical attack.

Improved Carrot Whip [2]
ATK: 200
Weight: 130
Required Level: 70

AGI +3, DEX +2.
Adds a 1% chance of using [Increase AGI] on the user when doing a physical attack of a level equal to the upgrade on the weapon.
If refined +7 or higher, chance to use [Increase AGI] becomes 3%.

Improved Chemeti Whip [2]
ATK: 155
Weight: 70
Required Level: 44

Flee +15, Crit +10, Perfect Dodge +5.
For each refine above +7, increase the damage with critical attacks by 2%.
Each refine +8 and higher increases perfect dodge by an additional +1.
If refined +12 or higher, Perfect Dodge +5.

Improved Lariat Whip [3]
ATK: 145
Weight: 40

DEX +10, AGI +3.
Reduce the variable and fixed cast time of all skills by 25% each.

Improved Rapture Rose [1]
ATK: 180
Weight: 30
Element: Poison

Adds a 50% chance of inflicting [Poison] on the target when doing a short-ranged physical attack.
If upgraded +9 or higher, adds a 5% chance of inflicting [Leech End] on the target when doing a short-ranged physical attack.

Improved Skipping Rope [2]
ATK: 160
Weight: 40
Weapon Level: 3
Required Level: 30

Crit +20.
If refined +7 or higher, additional Crit +10.
if refined +9 or higher, additional Crit +20.
Attack Speed (decrease delay after attack) by 7%.

Improved Berserk [3]
ATK: 140
Weight: 50
Required Level: 36

Aspd +12%.
If Base AGI is 120, ATK +50, Aspd +1.
If refined +9 or higher, additional Aspd +1.
If refined +11 or higher, additional Aspd +2.

Improved Combo Battle Glove [4]
ATK: 85
Required Level: 60

Decrease SP consumption of [Raging Quadruple Blow] and [Raging Thrust] by 5.

Increases the damage inflicted with [Raging Trifecta Blow] and [Raging Quadruple Blow] by 25%.
Increases the damage inflicted with [Raging Thrust] by 50%.

If refined +7 or higher, the sphere requirement of [Raging Thrust] is removed.

Improved Hatii Claw [2]
ATK: 162
Weight: 55
Required Level: 70
Element: Shadow

Max HP +2%.
Adds a 5% chance of inflicting [Bleeding] and [Critical Wounds] Level 1 on the target when doing a melee attack.
Inflicts +10% damage against holy-element monsters.

Improved Kaiser Knuckle
ATK: 205
Weight: 45
Required Level: 36
Element: Wind

Increases physical damage against [Undead] race by 20%
Increases physical damage against [Undead] property by 20%
Increases physical damage against Fire, Earth, Wind, or Water properties by 40%

Improved Horn of Hillslion [3]
ATK: 135
Weight: 60
Required Level: 60

Adds a 7% chance of using [Critical Wounds] Lv 2 on the target when doing a close-range physical attack.
Adds a 10% chance of using [Summon Spirit Sphere] Lv 5 when doing a close-range physical attack.
100% chance of using [Occult Impaction] Lv 5 when [Raging Palm Strike] is casted.

Improved Sura's Rampage [2]
ATK: 162
Required Level: 102

Increases damage of [Sky Blow] and [Earth Shaker] by 30%. Increases SP cost of [Sky Blow] and [Earth Shaker] by 5%.
Decreases the SP cost of [Sky Blow] and [Earth Shaker] by 2% with every upgrade above +7.

Edited by Jaye, 09 July 2012 - 08:21 AM.

#2 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

or... give the Enchantress NPC in south pront a Boyfriend

have him enchant "some" special lvl 3 weapons and "most" lvl 4 weapons with hidden socket enchants with stuff like
+matk%
+matk
+atk%
+atk
+crit
+hit
target -xDef
target -xMDef
+1-5 stats
Indestructable

with a chance to destroy the weapon if it fails

those weapons you mentioned defenitely need some love tho

Edited by Helios0, 07 July 2012 - 02:10 PM.

#3 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

Sticking Leech? Which is the NPC name of the skill? [As I'm sure it's not a player skill]

From this list I mean: http://irowiki.org/w...xclusive_Skills

IMO, I think there would be no problem to make the autocasts also work on whip-based skills (Slinging Arrow and Arrow Vulcan only, nothing from third class tree).

From the list, I just see that Chemeti and Carrot are kind of... Sour.

Chemeti is kind of a balanced whip, but does not do much. Would nice if it could be the whip equivalent of the Fortune Sword. Linked Slow Grace + Siren + 50 gear pdodge = :rice:

And Carrot, got so incredibly good on Renewal, due to the high attack power, 185. Doubt anyone cares about the Increase AGI effect [even more because it won't go over +10. Could be changed to a effect similar, but instead of Increase AGI, something like +2 AGI/refine for 2 minutes], as the main point of Carrot for gypsies is the high firepower. No need for additional effects as long as the attack is at least 250.

Lariat is great, even if it was just cast time, it is exactly what this whip was made for, due to the +5 DEX (I completed my instant cast set with this one, when there was no enchanter NPC).

Skipping has a lot of critical hit already, and this would boost more... But Skipping is a level 3 weapon, maybe should not deserve THAT much power.

Blade's change is pretty decent too, even if Bleeding now is pointless, except if you are in the receiving end on a turnin. Crit wounds is pretty nice to be put in.

And Rapture. WOW RAPTURE. The "Male version" of this whip (Electric Guitar) is... awesome... on pre-renewal (Hi bad MATK formula of renewal)... Teaches Jupitel lv3. And we get a crappy whip which the only special thing is 50% chance to poison, which ANY assassin with Venom Dust can do better. To match the awesomeness of the guitar, it would need to teach Venom Splasher and remove the gem cost of it.
But back to the change. I see no real changes except a few attack increase, the slot and the sticking leech that I have yet to know what is. D:

Oh also, important to state [for the people who don't know], Rapture Rose is a poison weapon too.

But yeah, the idea is nice. I am planning on a project to buff 13.3 weapons, which ALL [except Alca and Imperial set] clearly sucks too.

#4 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:49 AM

Changed the chemeti to give less crit damage and more pdodge with upgrades

I use a +12 carrot whip on my aspd wanderer... it is the strongest whip and my damage is like 1/2 that of any other ctrl+click character (smithtype, sintype, roguetype, even priesttype), it needs slots. I also use it for the AGI effect to get 193 aspd without paying for foods and scrolls.

It gave +20 crit before, I buffed it to +50 crit... the way Is ee it, thats what it'd take for it to vend for more than 50k zeny.

I figure Bladed can be a WoE whip, disable hp/sp regen and nerf pots by 40%, you can be useful disabling enemies that way so your allies can pick them off.

Sticking Leech = Leech End. I used the kRO translation not the iRO name... GX isn't my forte. I feel it'd be a good WoE tactic to inflict Leech End with this, as that disrupts skill use, unlike poison. You could use the blade whip then switch to the rapture rose to fubar someone with rapid hp loss, no natural regen, and -40% pot efficiency.

I didn't want to touch the 13.3 and beyond weapons since they were already designed with renewal mechanics in mind... but you're right, they are pretty weak too.

#5 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:18 AM

Added monk claws.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users