Maintenance 7/10/2012 - Page 6 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Maintenance 7/10/2012

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#126 BetterThanAnyOne

BetterThanAnyOne

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMission Beach,CA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

i'mma miss those tons of white pots, ya sure :no1:

#127 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

*Repost* Pls reset all 3 ranks not just alchemist D=

noooo i just made it to the #3 spot

and anyway, it doesn't matter who's #1, just how many points the #10 person has. as long as you make it on the list, you're considered ranked and you get the bonus. doesn't matter if you're #1 or #10

#128 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

Unfortunately Lord of the Dead is a "quest" spawn, hence why he has slightly different mob spawns and all that, similar to the way that Bio labs MVPs work. Due to that the tombstone system and things like Convex mirrors don't work on them.

I did check it out to be sure it wasn't something silly like us calling it a normal monster rather than MVP, but it is a system thing.

dont forget to fix gift transfer :P

? I don't understand what game thing you are referring to.

#129 HolyxD

HolyxD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

At Midnight EVERYTHING will be unavailable while we do a network maintenance, that means no websites, games, or forums during that blackout time. Good time to do our classic restart anyway.

Noooo why!!!!!!!!! no forums realy
Posted Image

this is realy...
Posted Image

#130 twodaysago

twodaysago

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

Helm, can we have GoCash Costume Boxster? i recently got too much dark blinder in other account

#131 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

how to completely block people in forum?
so I don't have to see stupid ponies.

#132 Hanfeizi

Hanfeizi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:48 PM

Heim, any thoughts to increase the number of people online in Ymir, or at least giving us some hope that something is being planned? E.g. free total account transfer. -- I'd rather staying with bots than staying in a dead server.

Otherwise, the TIs won't even be worth a darn due to the impossibility to find a party in Ymir, and I am just wasting my VIP subscription.

Go to your profile, click on "Manage Ignore Prefs," and add username.

--> Actually that's why I love the past 2 week's TIs. Killing cornus makes me feel like killing these ponies. Very therapeutic.

Edited by Hanfeizi, 10 July 2012 - 08:54 PM.

#133 AlvinKY

AlvinKY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

noooo i just made it to the #3 spot

and anyway, it doesn't matter who's #1, just how many points the #10 person has. as long as you make it on the list, you're considered ranked and you get the bonus. doesn't matter if you're #1 or #10

so, why do they have to reset alchemist then since doesnt matter if ur #1 or #10?

#134 HolyxD

HolyxD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

maybe to give a chance to others :p_laugh:
i guess i need to reset again :p_sad:

Edited by HolyxD, 10 July 2012 - 09:09 PM.

#135 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

so, why do they have to reset alchemist then since doesnt matter if ur #1 or #10?

^this. because the alchemist points go up EXTREMELY quickly due to this, while the blacksmith and taekwon points stay roughly the same from month to month.

edit: just saw heim's post regarding resetting taekwon rankings. i guess i wouldn't mind a 1-time wipe of blacksmith and taekwon rankings. shouldn't take me too long to get back up there anyway :heh:

could they add a eden NPC and kafra inside teh inn in Niff for the spotlight:3

bunjee jumping gets tedious @_@

i believe there is a way you can walk there...either from comodo or umbala? i personally will be using the eden warp though, cause walking through 2 empty dungeons gets tedious too :p_laugh:

Edited by beaupoem, 10 July 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#136 HolyxD

HolyxD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

i believe there is a way you can walk there...either from comodo or umbala? i personally will be using the eden warp though, cause walking through 2 empty dungeons gets tedious too :p_laugh:

Agree, two empty dungeons and two more maps is a way long walk :no1:
but I will enjoy going there :p_laugh:
Posted Image

Edited by HolyxD, 10 July 2012 - 09:52 PM.

#137 idontcare

idontcare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

:o why is classic going down for an hour maint? i thought it was just a restart?

#138 Breeg

Breeg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

:o why is classic going down for an hour maint? i thought it was just a restart?

Heim said they're implementing a little something on Classic to slow down bots or improve bothunting or something.

#139 idontcare

idontcare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:59 PM

Heim said they're implementing a little something on Classic to slow down bots or improve bothunting or something.

Okay thanks for the info. Could you tell me when itll be back up? i was afking when they said itd be down for an hour :o so idk what time it was lol

#140 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

User Name-> edit profile ->'Ignore' Preferences ->

Add a new user to your list
Ignore: Posts Signature Messages

#141 AsurABl00d

AsurABl00d

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:iRO-Chaos

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

Why are the forums filled with jumping ponies?

#142 nightStrikr

nightStrikr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • Server:Ymir / ClassicRO

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

LOL i have no idea but now my brain is malfunctioning by the jumping ponies! back to topic! I hope they fix frequent disconnecting issue on Classic.

#143 RajiRajin

RajiRajin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

Its not full of jumping ponies.. I only seen 1 jumping ponies here :heh:

#144 AsurABl00d

AsurABl00d

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:iRO-Chaos

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:43 PM

http://forums.warppo...age__tab__posts

only one?

#145 AlvinKY

AlvinKY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:44 PM

i guess i need to reset again :p_sad:

^this. because the alchemist points go up EXTREMELY quickly due to this, while the blacksmith and taekwon points stay roughly the same from month to month.

edit: just saw heim's post regarding resetting taekwon rankings. i guess i wouldn't mind a 1-time wipe of blacksmith and taekwon rankings. shouldn't take me too long to get back up there anyway.

Trust me when I say they make a bigger difference in resetting Blacksmith and Taekwon then Alchemist ranks, as Alchemist brewers are mostly managed by Guilds excluding Blacksmith and Taekwon, at least for Yggdrasil. Also 'knowing the funds' in Valkyrie guild and the coming TI which drops "Witch Starsand" its likely they are the #1 brewers again.

Edit : Resetting ranks for Blacksmith and Taekwon are mainly to clear away the inactive Forger and Taekwon, although there is nothing much for Taekwon to do after 99, at least it clears the inactive away and let the current active ones have their fun.

Edited by AlvinKY, 10 July 2012 - 10:46 PM.

#146 majorBoobage

majorBoobage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

Can you reset the other 2 rank as well, Blacksmith and Taekwon?

No. Just no.
I haven't spent every waking minute building up my BS to have it reset so that it's easier on you. Do what all the top smiths did and earn it.

#147 majorBoobage

majorBoobage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

gramps himself needs a revamp... instead of getting exp how about coupons for free food at burger king or something... just change it up... frack.. this game is dying... and the only people who care are the people being ignored....

I hate to keep beating this, but the release of Classic was a tell tale sign that even they know the game is dying. They are just milking it while they still can.

If they cared or thought it had a chance they would have merged instead of split it up even more in a lame attempt to get more WPE sales from a fresh server without a focked up economy.

#148 Hokaru

Hokaru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:50 PM

Hmm... extra 1 hr timer not yet fixed? Been like this for so long...

#149 AlvinKY

AlvinKY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

No. Just no.
I haven't spent every waking minute building up my BS to have it reset so that it's easier on you. Do what all the top smiths did and earn it.

Im reffering to Yggdrasil and Idk about other server but in my previous post,

Can you reset the other 2 rank as well, Blacksmith and Taekwon? Hephaestus, the top 10 Blacksmith in Yggdrasil hasn't been online for 42 weeks as well as Shin Gouki, the top 10 Taekwon Boy in Yggdrasil hasn't been online for 17 weeks, according to ropd info

Hephaestus is #1 Forger in Yggdrasil, if you can ropd him. Hes inactive for 42 weeks mind you. As for #1 Taekwon, I'm askin to reset cos other Taekwon Boy wants to have their fun as well when they reached Lv 90. Majority of Taekwon Boy are actually for Brewers to do their part in Spiritual Potion Creation (variant 3).

Main point, reason for resetting. We don't need inactive #1 Forger to be in the list, next Taekwon Boy reset is mainly for other Taekwon Boy to enjoy their level 90 getting a chance to play all their skills according to irowiki.

"Level 90+ TaeKwon Ranker players receive tripled Maximum HP and SP, and are able to use all of the TaeKwon skills. View the TaeKwon Ranker Fame List by typing "/taekwon" ingame."

Edited by AlvinKY, 10 July 2012 - 11:07 PM.

#150 majorBoobage

majorBoobage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

Main point, reason for resetting. We don't need inactive #1 to #10 Forger to be in the list, next Taekwon Boy reset is mainly for other Taekwon Boy to enjoy their level 90 getting a chance to play all their skills according to irowiki.

I know what your point is, it just sucks.

If I work my ass off to get to No. 1, and then decide to stop playing, I still worked my ass off to get to no. 1. It doesn't matter what server I'm on. You can do the same.

Trust me, it wasn't easy getting into a top ten on valk where forgers have 20000-40000 points. But you know what I did? I decided that I wanted to be in the top ten, and worked to achieve it. I spent ALL my zeny on materials and better equipment, basically never experienced the joys of parties, TIs, and MVPing because I had nothing to do it with. But then one day, you know what happened? I got ranked! Yay! My hard work paid off! And now I can enjoy the Kayne West style Good Life, and take a 42 week vacations, and sip champagne at the house of blues. Because I earned it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users