one aspect of ro I would change for the better - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

one aspect of ro I would change for the better

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lelouch

Lelouch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:33 AM

I have never post in this section before but seeing how quickly ro is dying, I might as well give my 2 cent before It dies completely. I don't play that many mmo games but know that I was never a fan of ragnarok's pvp and rarely do I ever go there but I would love to see major changes that would attract more players new and old to this feature part of ro that gets no love.
PVP-Change it completely. The location, the gameplay, and the party system. How would we do so?
Location- Forget pvp rooms. Change it to being maps right outside major cities like prontera, geffen, and/or payon. This does not mean those maps are PK. Also no DB/BB/Poly/etc.
Gameplay- In order for this to work, players need to wear some kind of small costume like a scarf that could be bought from a NPC in town. While wearing this "scarf," a player can attack another player whos also has on a "scarf" while on those said maps. When a player is killed, he/she has the option to auto res. or do nothing. When a player auto res., he/she is immune from all attacks for 5 second so he/she can either prepare themselves or run to the safe zone. Safe zones are areas within 5 cells or so from the city walls. Safe zones are pretty much in place for people to form parties, buffing or just sitting around chatting.
Party system-a player does not need to be in a party to be on the same team. By simply putting on a scarf of the same color, players are only allowed to attack players with different colored "scarfs." Equipping and Unequipping these scarfs would take 5 second to prevent cheating.

I got this pvp idea from another mmo I played a long time ago and would love to see it here. Anywho it's late and im tired. Any feedback is appreciated.

#2 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationProntera in the World of Rune Midgard
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:43 AM

I have never post in this section before but seeing how quickly ro is dying, I might as well give my 2 cent before It dies completely. I don't play that many mmo games but know that I was never a fan of ragnarok's pvp and rarely do I ever go there but I would love to see major changes that would attract more players new and old to this feature part of ro that gets no love.
PVP-Change it completely. The location, the gameplay, and the party system. How would we do so?
Location- Forget pvp rooms. Change it to being maps right outside major cities like prontera, geffen, and/or payon. This does not mean those maps are PK. Also no DB/BB/Poly/etc.
Gameplay- In order for this to work, players need to wear some kind of small costume like a scarf that could be bought from a NPC in town. While wearing this "scarf," a player can attack another player whos also has on a "scarf" while on those said maps. When a player is killed, he/she has the option to auto res. or do nothing. When a player auto res., he/she is immune from all attacks for 5 second so he/she can either prepare themselves or run to the safe zone. Safe zones are areas within 5 cells or so from the city walls. Safe zones are pretty much in place for people to form parties, buffing or just sitting around chatting.
Party system-a player does not need to be in a party to be on the same team. By simply putting on a scarf of the same color, players are only allowed to attack players with different colored "scarfs." Equipping and Unequipping these scarfs would take 5 second to prevent cheating.

I got this pvp idea from another mmo I played a long time ago and would love to see it here. Anywho it's late and im tired. Any feedback is appreciated.

If you want PVP then go to the PVP room as we are not a PVP Server. Your idea I do not support considering it lacks merit and it lacks the ability to protect players from being harrassed.

#3 Shinko

Shinko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Classic

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:55 AM

^Er, if they can't be attacked while they aren't wearing a pvp scarf, I don't think it would interfere with new players at all. Unless, of course, their mobs are killed by AoE crossfire.

Another neat idea, but I don't know if our Gravity can change the game that extensively. It's a pretty rigid system they work with, but they have the play their hand.

#4 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

i dont like the current pvp maps myself... get kinda tired only pvping in towns... but it theyre gonna make more maps id still want a designated room for ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users