Lawl, recheck on resetting build. (SORC) - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Lawl, recheck on resetting build. (SORC)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 SteveAce

SteveAce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

So, deciding to reset my Sorc soon to have KC (Killing Cloud lvl1) for WOE. This is my planned build as of now, might be changed. I tested Arrullo in Sakray, it's pretty chanceful to get a success but I might still change my mind of Arrullo so I can get water insig.

Sorc Reset Planner

As well, This build is pushing toward WOE/PVP. So, my desired stats would be:

(Not including bonus+equips)
STR:1
AGI:1 (Might get some for resis in WOE)
VIT:100
INT:120
DEX:110
LUK:23

Some questions I need to be answered,

1) At what AGI level should be good enough for resistance in WOE?

2) Is it worth 120INT/110DEX or either of these INT/DEX distributes:
-120INT/100DEX
-110INT/120 DEX

3) Is KK card good for sorcs on +9~+12 COD?

4) What equips are essential for PVP/WOE?

Thanks for the help. :pif:

Edited by SteveAce, 12 July 2012 - 12:56 AM.

#2 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:07 AM

1. 40-50's good enough to resist masquerades at a decent rate. Also note that Agi helps at casting animation to help you cast spells just a bit faster.

2. DEX and INT are decent but I've seen people run 105-108 VIT builds. Really just a preference.

3. CoD's overrated. Get Pom Hat for better demi-human resists.

4. Essential: Cranial Immune Shield/Valk Shield, Unfrozen Aebeecee Wind Armor, Fire Armor, Combat Knife, Anti Snipping (Noxious) Backpack or Nidhoggur Shadow Garb, Hiding Accessory, Gemini S18 mids, Glorious Rings or Kafra Blossom Accesory

Great to have: Ghost Valk Armor, Maya Purple mid, Deviling Heroic Backpack

#3 SteveAce

SteveAce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:52 AM

1. 40-50's good enough to resist masquerades at a decent rate. Also note that Agi helps at casting animation to help you cast spells just a bit faster.

2. DEX and INT are decent but I've seen people run 105-108 VIT builds. Really just a preference.

3. CoD's overrated. Get Pom Hat for better demi-human resists.

4. Essential: Cranial Immune Shield/Valk Shield, Unfrozen Aebeecee Wind Armor, Fire Armor, Combat Knife, Anti Snipping (Noxious) Backpack or Nidhoggur Shadow Garb, Hiding Accessory, Gemini S18 mids, Glorious Rings or Kafra Blossom Accesory

Great to have: Ghost Valk Armor, Maya Purple mid, Deviling Heroic Backpack

Thanks for the fast reply!

Red Pom eh... I have that at +9 ATM, but I rarely use it! If I add it with KK card, do you think thats a waste?

Garmets, I was going to use Fallen Angel Wings for awhile, it's decent. I also am confused of on what accessories to get. So far i got 2 sprint rings to reduce casting but it really doesnt help much. What other accesorries are there?

#4 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:20 AM

Thanks for the fast reply!

Red Pom eh... I have that at +9 ATM, but I rarely use it! If I add it with KK card, do you think thats a waste?

Garmets, I was going to use Fallen Angel Wings for awhile, it's decent. I also am confused of on what accessories to get. So far i got 2 sprint rings to reduce casting but it really doesnt help much. What other accesorries are there?

The problem is fixed cast times and Sprint rings won't help you at that at all because they are only for variable..... Use the ones I recommended, preferably the elemental resist ones (Kafra Blossom or Glorious Rings). The hiding accessory is really great too. If you don't find elemental damage that troublesome, get Alligator accessories (-5% from ranged).

No. Thats actually the card you wanna put in the Pom Hat anyway. :P

Fallen Angel Wings is trash at surviving neutral damage.

#5 SteveAce

SteveAce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

The problem is fixed cast times and Sprint rings won't help you at that at all because they are only for variable..... Use the ones I recommended, preferably the elemental resist ones (Kafra Blossom or Glorious Rings). The hiding accessory is really great too. If you don't find elemental damage that troublesome, get Alligator accessories (-5% from ranged).

No. Thats actually the card you wanna put in the Pom Hat anyway. :P

Fallen Angel Wings is trash at surviving neutral damage.

Ah I see.. -needs to resell them now- Time to stock up on gears.

KK Card with Pom is such a hard decision though! Haha. I don't want to regret anything. xD. But I'll take your word for it, since If i add KK with Pom, it'll be like having a Mini COD! haha.

#6 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

Ah I see.. -needs to resell them now- Time to stock up on gears.

KK Card with Pom is such a hard decision though! Haha. I don't want to regret anything. xD. But I'll take your word for it, since If i add KK with Pom, it'll be like having a Mini COD! haha.

It will be a mini CoD, except you CAN actually kill people now unlike CoD. xD

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 12 July 2012 - 03:24 PM.

#7 SteveAce

SteveAce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

It will be a mini CoD, except you CAN actually kill people now unlike CoD. xD

Some of my guild peoples are telling me to put it in my COD instead... Sigh, I'm stuck in decision now haha.

I still need more info on good acessories for sorcs. :3

#8 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

Some of my guild peoples are telling me to put it in my COD instead... Sigh, I'm stuck in decision now haha.

I still need more info on good acessories for sorcs. :3

If people tell you to use CoD in PvP/WoE, they are either noobs or just trolling.

Orlean's gloves and Diab Rings are great options but if you're on budget, Bradum Earrings and Water brooches are good too.

About your skills.....

- Killing Cloud is a horrible skill. Don't get it.

- Arrullo is nerfed. The success rate is less than 10% to level 150 chars with a decent VIT and INT. I think the cast time/delay for it was also increased....

- Don't learn Striking if you're not maxing ALL your endow skills. The damage boost won't be as good.

- Don't max Spellbreaker... Waste of skill points. <_< You probably won't even use it too often in WoE unless you see a recaller. Leave it at level 3 for Dispel prereq.

- Warmer is good at healing barricades. MAX IT!

- Not sure why you maxed Cast Cancel.... You didn't even get Soul Siphon with it. Leave it at 1 for prereq unless you're getting Soul Siphon also.

- I personally don't like Insignia skills. They are useless unless you'll be defending most of the time in WoE.

- For my build, I left Dispell at level 3. 80% is a decent chance. Skill points are too valuable.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 12 July 2012 - 04:42 PM.

#9 SteveAce

SteveAce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

If people tell you to use CoD in PvP/WoE, they are either noobs or just trolling.

Orlean's gloves and Diab Rings are great options but if you're on budget, Bradum Earrings and Water brooches are good too.

About your skills.....

- Killing Cloud is a horrible skill. Don't get it.

- Arrullo is nerfed. The success rate is less than 10% to level 150 chars with a decent VIT and INT. I think the cast time/delay for it was also increased....

- Don't learn Striking if you're not maxing ALL your endow skills. The damage boost won't be as good.

- Don't max Spellbreaker... Waste of skill points. <_< You probably won't even use it too often in WoE unless you see a recaller. Leave it at level 3 for Dispel prereq.

- Warmer is good at healing barricades. MAX IT!

- Not sure why you maxed Cast Cancel.... You didn't even get Soul Siphon with it. Leave it at 1 for prereq unless you're getting Soul Siphon also.

- I personally don't like Insignia skills. They are useless unless you'll be defending most of the time in WoE.

- For my build, I left Dispell at level 3. 80% is a decent chance. Skill points are too valuable.

SUCH BEAUTIFUL INFORMATION!~ :pif:
Haha! Yeah I guess so :3. Red Pom is the way to go for my sorc now. :gg:

I love your information on the skills. But I'm going to keep some 3rd job skills the same (:

New-Revised-Planner. CLICKCLICKCLICK

I
just noticed how messed up I was on with the Spell breaker and Cancel Cast.... Lvl3 Dispell is also deccent with that 80% so I gotta agree with you on that.

What did you mean by don't bother maxing Striking if I don't have all maxed endows? :C Is it passively better or Endow+Striking combo by that what you mean. Lols

Oh and I only had 1 skill point left for 3rd job part, So I was either thinking of putting it in Warmer for Lvl3 orrrrrrr Analyze Element lvl2 for crafting some Rough Winds, (Yes even if it takes 10 winds, with a chance of failure).

#10 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

What did you mean by don't bother maxing Striking if I don't have all maxed endows? :C Is it passively better or Endow+Striking combo by that what you mean. Lols

Oh and I only had 1 skill point left for 3rd job part, So I was either thinking of putting it in Warmer for Lvl3 orrrrrrr Analyze Element lvl2 for crafting some Rough Winds, (Yes even if it takes 10 winds, with a chance of failure).

For each skill point put on endow skill, more damage will be added to Striking. With a level 4 weapon, you can give someone +72 attack. Added formula for endows is [skill level total of all endows (max is 20) x 5]. If you just leave every endow at level 1 which is the prereq for Striking, you'll only get 20, but if you max all 4, you get 100. HUGE DIFFERENCE!

With max Striking, level 4 weapon, and max endow skills, you can give someone +172 attack!!!

I personally would add more points to Warmer. Level 2's not enough. I would ditch Arrullo to free up more points. Not a lot of Sorcs use this skill in WoE anymore.

Also, I'm not sure why you maxed Spirit control. You will never put your Spirit in offensive mode (level 3 spirit control) in the first place in WoE and being on Passive and Defensive states are much better.

#11 SteveAce

SteveAce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

For each skill point put on endow skill, more damage will be added to Striking. With a level 4 weapon, you can give someone +72 attack. Added formula for endows is [skill level total of all endows (max is 20) x 5]. If you just leave every endow at level 1 which is the prereq for Striking, you'll only get 20, but if you max all 4, you get 100. HUGE DIFFERENCE!

With max Striking, level 4 weapon, and max endow skills, you can give someone +172 attack!!!

I personally would add more points to Warmer. Level 2's not enough. I would ditch Arrullo to free up more points. Not a lot of Sorcs use this skill in WoE anymore.

Also, I'm not sure why you maxed Spirit control. You will never put your Spirit in offensive mode (level 3 spirit control) in the first place in WoE and being on Passive and Defensive states are much better.

Ah you give good points. :C!

THE FINISH PRODUCT!

T
hanks for ALL the information, I never knew striking had that effect! I forgot about Level3 also. Offensive mode is wack! Haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users