My Review of Classic - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

My Review of Classic

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:18 AM

In general the classic server is a success, it is very popular and there is a high demand for it.
Actually I believe it could be even split in two separate servers, trans and non-trans, I have noticed both versions are very popular.
So, I started and it yes indeed it gives back the old feeling again. It shows a lack of professional marketing of Gravity, they lost connection with a large Group of players with Renewal. So, the question rises, are they capable of bringing it back as players will like it. After playing some time I start to doubt on it. They brought it back with a pre-Amatsu version and that doesn’t cover Pre-Renewal by far. Pre-trans fans will be the last ones to bother about it but still this choice has great influence on game play, certainly on the long run. One important objection against this Pre-Amatsu setting is that some classes are considerably weaker than others. Of course it will develop in future and even trans will be implented but when exactly? Probably and maybe sound like: we don’t know yet.

Here we are at a very weak point of Gravity or is it IRO? Communication is very poor and there is no transparency at all. Consider, you start a server without proper maps and a database, how professional is that? They seem not to be aware that many players that came back were long time elsewhere playing and if you are not aware what is going there you cannot really know what the demand is exactly. I have seen many places and yes, it is almost impossible without an official staff, corruption is one problem there, the biggest problem is that there are so many that all players are scattered and divided all over the world. On the other hand, after years of developing the underlying structure is superior to the official one regarding service for players. The difference is enormous and the question rises why didn’t Gravity bought them out and start the pre-renewal on this structure? The time is right, ….is almost dead if it isn’t already, it split up already and they are mainly following Renewal. And just on that precious moment IRO comes with a Pre-Amatsu version based on a structure that is out of the time from a 5k modem connection? That will give problems for sure.

The bot problem can’t be ignored; the server is going out of balance of it.
That I learned to recognize being on so many different places (+60). It is not that bots are only here, I have seen them everywhere but for some reason it seems that IRO has less power to do something about it. I can imagine it is not easy to solve or counter but it doesn’t give me the feeling to play on an official professional guided place. Actually it is of the worst places I was the last 6 years, regarding the approach of bots.

Then the Kafra Shop, this will sound strange and I can imagine many players are not aware of it.
The way it is designed simply gives not enough for the money that is tossed in. The calculation is simple xx money spend in xx time brought me what? This is not Renewal.
Regarding the dual client issue, which is very unprofessional, you can’t use Kafra shop really efficient.
Yes, I am aware of a sandbox but it shouldn’t be my problem to solve.
Regarding all this I can’t escape from the feeling playing some kind of beta and I run a high risk that by the time is tweaked and developed as it should be, the place is out of balance too much already.

Let’s hope I am wrong but I am starting to lose interest rapidly, it is so far not better then one of the +60 others I tried.
I am aware this is not really fair and people behind this are working very hard, I respect that.
The best thing I can do is to express my feelings as clear as possible.

#2 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:05 AM

i have no idea how high i need to be to read tht fully....

#3 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:36 AM

Don't use drugs, they only will use you.

#4 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:40 AM

You reviewed it but you didn't give grades.

Disappoint. :(

#5 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:05 AM

I say it has to do with the top heads of Gravity rather than all the subs under it. This isn't just an iRO problem. With the exception of jRO(Since they own kRO) all the other Ragnarok branches were at the mercy of the giant thumb of kRO. You can't so much as even say you want to look at the underlying code to edit it without big boss daddy giving you the okay.

This is the biggest problem iRO and the other servers have. The top heads at Gravity need to relize that they can't just give all the servers the same treatment. One of the biggest differences for example is the need for a Social Security number. This would greatly cut down on bots but iRO literally can't do it because this is supposed to be "International" Ragnarok Online.

Edited by Tetsamaru, 16 July 2012 - 06:06 AM.

#6 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:10 AM

no online game should ever ask for a SSN

#7 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts
  • LocationVeins, Arunafeltz
  • Server:Chaos (Ygg), Classic

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:08 AM

no online game should ever ask for a SSN

Tets mentions this because of the personal identification number Resident Registration Number system used in South Korea. In order to play the game, users are required to submit their number. Because of this, an account cannot be registered without having a corresponding person tied to it -- i.e., unlike iRO, where accounts can be created willy nilly, kRO would have a smaller population, while at the same time having virtually no bot issue. Using someone else's RRN allegedly is enough to land someone a 3 year jail sentence, or a 10,000,000 ₩ fine (approx. $8,707.92).

The RRN and i-RRN systems are used much more frequently for online identification than the similar SSN system is in the States.

Edited by Balthi, 16 July 2012 - 07:08 AM.

#8 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:46 AM

I didn't read this. Your opinion doesn't really matter.

#9 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:49 AM

Didn't read. Lol.

#10 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:58 AM

Bah you people and your tl;dr opinions making me lrn2read, let me be lazy already :(

#11 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:09 AM

Bah you people and your tl;dr opinions making me lrn2read, let me be lazy already :(

rofl u read it, rofl

#12 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:10 AM

All forum posts should be limited to 10 characters. :D

#13 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

rofl u read it, rofl

I read "once upon a time....the end"

#14 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:14 AM

I read "once upon a time....the end"

tthhtt yyeellooww ttaagg

oh w8...no /bm here LOL

#15 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

twitterized forum posts? :heh:

#16 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

I didn't read this. Your opinion doesn't really matter.

Ah, the depressive one, you still around here?

#17 eviltims

eviltims

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:41 AM

The bot problem can’t be ignored; the server is going out of balance of it.
That I learned to recognize being on so many different places (+60). It is not that bots are only here, I have seen them everywhere but for some reason it seems that IRO has less power to do something about it. I can imagine it is not easy to solve or counter but it doesn’t give me the feeling to play on an official professional guided place. Actually it is of the worst places I was the last 6 years, regarding the approach of bots.

U r right on this one of course. I am getting disheartened. I go hunting and always see bots doing their thing. Makes me wonder why I should keep playing if other players can just bot. Maybe Gravity isn't looking into this too much, is because they are more concern with RO2.

#18 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:43 AM

U r right on this one of course. I am getting disheartened. I go hunting and always see bots doing their thing. Makes me wonder why I should keep playing if other players can just bot. Maybe Gravity isn't looking into this too much, is because they are more concern with RO2.

u have to be kidding me
Classic is probably the first server where GMs are actually trying
its not that easy even paying 1 magical stone for 2nd job change is causing this much QQ
trust me for the first time GMs ARE TRYING

#19 Elinu

Elinu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

This is why we take english courses, so when we make tl;dr posts people actually wanna read them. Honestly, I'm too lazy to read it because there's nothing that drags me into the post. I'm sure it's full of good points though. I feel like I need to be high to read this as well...

HEART.

Edited by Elinu, 16 July 2012 - 08:47 AM.

#20 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:54 AM

something something something i'm having bad experience with classic something something something

#21 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

u have to be kidding me
Classic is probably the first server where GMs are actually trying
its not that easy even paying 1 magical stone for 2nd job change is causing this much QQ
trust me for the first time GMs ARE TRYING

Yes, they are but....I always count the hours when that char is present advertising for a specific company from China.
I have seen him silenced but very rare, most of the time he is just there.
That is how hard they (can) trying.

#22 Belmonte09

Belmonte09

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

This NL-_- should learn to express himself clearly, can't understand the post for what u ranting about. Styx and his englis such a drug addict .. get well soon cure urself frm ro

#23 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

This NL-_- should learn to express himself clearly, can't understand the post for what u ranting about. Styx and his englis such a drug addict .. get well soon cure urself frm ro

Yes, I know you also, you didnt suicide? That is amazing.
Anyway for your slow brains:

Selling zenny 30usd/100mil www. .....,com

#24 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

[mod]Dial it back please.[/mod]

#25 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

Pretty damn high i'd imagine. ive been smoking since i woke up and i still have no idea what he said

Edited by Easly, 16 July 2012 - 02:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users