Merchant Help - Alchemist/Blacksmith > Stat Help - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Merchant Help - Alchemist/Blacksmith > Stat Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ripper76

Ripper76

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:35 AM

I just started playing Ragnarok Online a few days ago, and I am having some problems with figuring out where to place my stats.
  • None Classic Server
  • Base Level: 11
  • Job Level: 10
  • Stat points: 37 free (I haven't spent a single stat point yet.)
I have been doing a lot of reading, but everything I have found is really old and outdated. I really need some help on where to spend my stat points. I also need to know which would be the best job to take up after Merchant, Alchemist/Blacksmith?

This is why I haven't spent any of my stat points in fear of messing up my stats for the next job. I have already asked for help on the Merchant class forum and got some answers about class quests and such, but nothing regarding my character stats.

This is why am posting here in the newbie section of the forums looking for some guidance. I really like Ragnarok Online, but I can't even find players in game that are even willing to answer a few questions.

Why is the Ragnarok community so anti-social to new comers? With out a growing player base, games fail. So you would think the community would be a little more welcoming to newer players. I understand everyone are higher levels, but everyone was a newbie at one time or another.

#2 LodeStar

LodeStar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:19 AM

If you had ran into me, I might have been able to help :p_smile:

Generally, Merchants tend to pump Str first with Dex and Agi/Vit usually following very close unless you are going for a Pure forger/potter build which I do not recommend for a non-trans job. Str obviously increases your damage while Dex is a major stat once you become either of the second jobs as it is factored-in in forging or brewing as well as slightly increasing your damage and ASPD and decreasing your skill delay. Moderate Agi is good for building up some ASPD and Flee that should allow you to dodge some monsters' attacks while Vit will give you much needed HP, HP regen as well as increase the heal given by potions which, as a Merchant, you will rely heavily upon at later levels. Luk isn't needed as much as the others and can safely be kept at a maximum of 10 without actually affecting you that much (Note though that Luk is also one of the major factors of forging and brewing alongside Dex but due to the latter's better benefits, it is generally chosen over Luk). Lastly, Int isn't really that important as your skills tend to have low SP cost although getting it to a decent level might help you when you start spamming some of your 2nd job skills. Note that additional Int only shines in Forger or Potter builds which I said I don't really recommend for non-trans.

Some important things to remember:
Str is generally more useful at increments of 10, Dex and Vit at increments of 5, Int at increments of 6, and Luk at increments of 5

Example build for an Alche:
STR-85+5
AGI-74+6
VIT-47+3
INT-17+7
DEX-51+9
LUK-2

A build that can battle as well as enjoy decent brewing percentage. Of course it's all just personal preference and is very much open to criticism and change.

It's all up to you whether you want to become an Alch or BSmith, both have their pros and cons. Sorry for the wall of text and for being a little too vague in some parts but I hoped it helped. :p_smile:

Edited by LodeStar, 17 July 2012 - 07:21 AM.

#3 Ripper76

Ripper76

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

If you had ran into me, I might have been able to help :p_smile:

Generally, Merchants tend to pump Str first with Dex and Agi/Vit usually following very close unless you are going for a Pure forger/potter build which I do not recommend for a non-trans job. Str obviously increases your damage while Dex is a major stat once you become either of the second jobs as it is factored-in in forging or brewing as well as slightly increasing your damage and ASPD and decreasing your skill delay. Moderate Agi is good for building up some ASPD and Flee that should allow you to dodge some monsters' attacks while Vit will give you much needed HP, HP regen as well as increase the heal given by potions which, as a Merchant, you will rely heavily upon at later levels. Luk isn't needed as much as the others and can safely be kept at a maximum of 10 without actually affecting you that much (Note though that Luk is also one of the major factors of forging and brewing alongside Dex but due to the latter's better benefits, it is generally chosen over Luk). Lastly, Int isn't really that important as your skills tend to have low SP cost although getting it to a decent level might help you when you start spamming some of your 2nd job skills. Note that additional Int only shines in Forger or Potter builds which I said I don't really recommend for non-trans.

Some important things to remember:
Str is generally more useful at increments of 10, Dex and Vit at increments of 5, Int at increments of 6, and Luk at increments of 5

Example build for an Alche:
STR-85+5
AGI-74+6
VIT-47+3
INT-17+7
DEX-51+9
LUK-2

A build that can battle as well as enjoy decent brewing percentage. Of course it's all just personal preference and is very much open to criticism and change.

It's all up to you whether you want to become an Alch or BSmith, both have their pros and cons. Sorry for the wall of text and for being a little too vague in some parts but I hoped it helped. :p_smile:

Thank you so much for the help LodeStar :)

So the basic stats Str/Dex/Agi/Vit are good for both Blacksmith and Alchemist? I know its all a personal preference, which job would you go with? You're a much more experienced player and I value your option greatly.

It seems Blacksmith would be the stronger class for grinding and farming, in less you feel Alchemist is the better choice? I will start dumping points into my Str/Dex/Vit and save some for Agi. I was just scared I would put points into a wrong area, but if Str/Dex/Agi/Vit are basic stats I can't really go wrong, but I will wait till you reply again before making any final decisions.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

Alchemist has better longterm prospects - They turn into biochems on trans, and genetics on third job, and genetics are really excellent all-around chars, and they get to have a homunculus. They're a little slower to level, but not by that much.

Blacksmiths turn into mastersmiths and then mechanics, and mechanics are _okay_ but not particularly good in most aspects of gameplay, and their role in pvp/woe is mainly as a suicide bomber.

Generally in renewal you want to _start off_ with dex more than str, though later on you'll transition to having more str than dex. Don't get both vit and agi early on (really, you shouldn't ever get lots of both - lot of one, and a little or none of the other) - pick one, and I'd agree that vit is the one to go with (lends itself more to mobbing, which is how people level nowadays.)

#5 Ripper76

Ripper76

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

Alchemist has better longterm prospects - They turn into biochems on trans, and genetics on third job, and genetics are really excellent all-around chars, and they get to have a homunculus. They're a little slower to level, but not by that much.

Blacksmiths turn into mastersmiths and then mechanics, and mechanics are _okay_ but not particularly good in most aspects of gameplay, and their role in pvp/woe is mainly as a suicide bomber.

Generally in renewal you want to _start off_ with dex more than str, though later on you'll transition to having more str than dex. Don't get both vit and agi early on (really, you shouldn't ever get lots of both - lot of one, and a little or none of the other) - pick one, and I'd agree that vit is the one to go with (lends itself more to mobbing, which is how people level nowadays.)

Wonderful! Thank you very much DrAzzy. I will get started on a Alchemist build, Thanks again for all the help you and LodeStar has given me. :)

I can't wait to get started on my build. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users