No Server Maintenance for 7.17.12 but Pegasus will be Open on Friday! 7.20.12 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

No Server Maintenance for 7.17.12 but Pegasus will be Open on Friday! 7.20.12

• Please log in to reply
363 replies to this topic

#1 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

There will be no Server Maintenance done today 7.17.12 BUT we will be opening up our Test Server Pegasus this Friday!... for you guys and gals to try out the new skill update.

Install : http://games.gravity...pan></span>.msi

Pegasus will be open on Friday 7.20.12 around 1 P.M. PST to 7 P.M. PST.

We'll need you to see..
  • Damage shows properly when using skills
  • See if there is anything buggy with the skill UI
  • If the Skill tree is progressing properly
  • and anything else you notice..
We will have a section on our forums for you to let us.. -> Here! <-

See you on Friday!

---
Here are the changes you'll notice..

1. Cloak
now has a number of "charges" which is currently 1 charge per level. These charges are how many times a player may melee attack, before cloak will dissipate.

Cloak Lv1 : 1 Charge : One melee attack may be made, then the cloak will end.
Cloak Lv2 : 2 Charges : Two melee attack may be made, then
the cloak will end.
Cloak Lv3 : 3 Charges : Three melee attack may be made, then the cloak will end.
Cloak Lv4 : 4 Charges : Four melee attack may be made, then the cloak will end.
Cloak Lv5 : 5 Charges : Five melee attack may be made, then the cloak will end.

However, the exception is skill use. If any skill is used while under cloak, all remaining charges will be consumed and the next action will end cloak.

Additional notes:
It IS possible to attack five times, then use a skill, where on the use of the skill cloak will end.
It is ALSO possible to attack four times, then use a skill, and cloak will remain on until the next action. So at this point, it is possible to run away or make a second attack or skill use, which will cause cloak to end.

These effects are by intended design to add strategy dynamics and thought to combat.

2. Reflect Shield
Now reflects a % of the attack power back at the attacker, where the attacker's defense will be used to reduce the damage further. In effect, you will be attacking yourself with a % of your own attack power and defending against it as well, while the effect is active.

It no longer reflects a % of damage back to the attacking player.

3. Skill's Power
Has been altered. It no longer provides a single static value of skill power anymore. The design change has made it so skills now provide a % and value. The percent shows how strong the skill will be, based on your attack power. The static value will show how much attack power is being directly added.

If you have 100 Attack Power
Skill Power : 150% + 25
This skill will apply : (100 + 150%) + 25 = 175 Attack Power, to what you targeted with the skill.

The design intention:
The static value is to allow for beginning areas to see an immediate increase in power.
The percentage portion of the skill power will allow the skill to continuously grow with your character as they progress in the world, letting even lower level skills be potentially useful.

4. Passive Skills "Wearing" effect
Passives will now display the corresponding weapon needed for said Passive skill.

A Passive displaying "Wearing: Spear" means, the bonus you see on the skill, will only come into effect, if you are wearing a Spear type weapon. We previously had this issue with Soldiers in the 2Hand Tree and Champions, where we wished the one weapon handed style would have certain bonuses when using a weapon type vs. another. Unfortunately, that didn't play out the way we wanted too and the bonuses were applying across the board for the Champions giving them more bonuses in general than most classes on average.

5. CHARM is now the buff value influencer

We have long been planning to give CHARM an important role and benefit to game play. This is the first step towards giving CHARM purpose and power. CHARM will be taking over the role of enhancing status effect values. In addition, since CHARM does not have direct combat impact to other stats, like attack power, critical chance or the like, we have also increased the potency in which the CHARM stat will increase static effect values.

We understand that INT was the stat that would cause the static values of status effects to increase. However, not every class pushes INT and the influence rate was minor and took away from some class stat builds that wouldn't benefit much from INT. The intention and design hope, is that by increasing the potency of how CHARM affects effect values, it can be a worthwhile stat for any class to drop some points in for a light or mild additional bonus to their skills, whereas full support classes will undoubtedly drop a larger cache of points to increase their effectiveness, as it will also affect heal rates.

6. Ratio Passives – A new passive mechanic.

Ratio Passives will provide bonuses for reaching certain values of a stat, which allows for a character to grow further as they naturally increase stats or work to collect sets of equipment with a base stat. There are multiple reasons behind the design intention and aspect for this new mechanic. It provides a way for a class to grow by design in one aspect or another, but also by choice of the player if the effect of this new passive is in line with their game play style.

We are aware that some of the Ratio skills effects aren't working like..
  • attack speed
  • movement speed
  • Weight Capacity
  • MP Cost Reduction
  • Ignore Defense / MDef
  • Critical Damage Enhance
7. New Bonus Types

Critical Enhancement : When a critical hit occurs, it will increase the amount of damage that would have been done.
Ignore Defense : Naturally ignoring an amount or percentage of your target's defense.
Ignore Magic Defense : Naturally ignoring an amount or percentage of your target's magic defense.

8. Cooldown(s)

Normal skill cooldowns now will initiate when the skill reaches the point of casting. No more can you cast a skill from a distance to initiate the cooldown and then cast it again immediately after.

NEW - Global cooldown. Most skills that are considered combat oriented, not supportive, have been given global cooldowns where when a skill is cast all non-supportive skills will also go in to a shared cooldown cycle before they can be initiated.

9. Updated Tooltips

The tooltips for skills have been renovated, much like with item and equipment types, to help display information about the skill and effects.

10. Muse / Dealer notes

Much of the skill changes that have been done are to allow more diversity between the classes as well as definition to those roles. Class roles are being distinctively designed.

Muse, Offense, Support & Cleric – As a basic muse, the two choices are support and offense. While we understand a support oriented muse may still want to go toe to toe with the best of them, they aren't directly intended for that role. Never the less, combat passives have been offered for the support tree, but no direct damage or offensive skills have been provided in the support tree. Single target skills in the offensive tab are able to be used with a staff or wand, however AoE skills will only be allowed with staffs. Because skills now can grow with a player from the skill power % update, these offensive skills have expanded the offensive capabilities of a support class, if they so choose to use them. When becoming a Cleric, additional offensive skills have been provided that continue an aspect of combat from the offensive tree as a muse and even provided an AoE at the end of this tree.

Dealer, crafting & Artisan – Crafting no longer has any combat skills, but have now gained the mercenary summons from the Offensive Tree. Much like the Muse, offensive skills are available in the Offensive tab for the Dealer. The Artisan has additional combat skills that will play from the Offensive tree as well, like the Muse/Cleric. It is intended in the future that the Artisan and Crafting trees be enhanced with more supportive abilities that are unique to the class, allowing them to become desired and useful members to party play.

11. Max HP / MP changes

Each class has been given unique modifiers to how they will now gain HP and MP as they level and stat build. There is a minor difference between each class on how stats will generate HP and MP, along with the class passives that would boost those differences further, if a player so chooses too. This is part of the design intent to allow variance in character builds, based on personal preference to style of game play.

12. Overall
We are looking to create more diversity to game play. To do so, each class has been looked at with the help of the community's feedback from a long while back, to construct that diversity and allow each class to be powerful in their own design, but no class should be "omni" dominant in all aspects of game play.

Stage 1 of Pegasus testing = Just making sure everything works. A lot has changed, as indicated by this list. And with so much change, there's potential for error. Help us by pointing out what you see that doesn't look correct, make sense or might be missing something. The bonuses, strengths and effects of skills are not finalized and are largely blanketed placeholder effects, where effects have been placed. On that note, some skills may be missing their effects, which would also be something to point out or bring up if it looks like a skill is weaker than others and sounds like it should cause an effect but is missing it, please let us know that as well.

Lyon in Junon will have Free Job Reset Books.

Edited by ShazamO, 20 July 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#2 Teus

Teus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

so the skill update wont be happening today for real server right? and can we use the old pegasus we downloaded awhile back or does it has to be this one?

Edited by Teus, 17 July 2012 - 09:51 AM.

#3 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

It can be the old one you downloaded a while back. And no skill update today, no patch will be done today.

You will be able to log onto Pegasus and test out the new skills in the near future. We will post an update for that.

#4 sforstun

sforstun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • Locationmanila PH
  • Server:DRACC!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:56 AM

but of course since theres a new test server, there will be a patch right?

#5 Teus

Teus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:59 AM

ah okie dokie c:

#6 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:59 AM

Once we inform you guys and gals, the Pegasus server update itself with a patch and you should be ready for some testing.

#7 sforstun

sforstun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • Locationmanila PH

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:10 AM

btw shaz, im kinda new here just played for almost like a month, got a link for the the pegasus thingy? has there been discussions bout it or a thread maybe?

#8 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

When will the server be open? I'll gladly help out with the testing. And is it the usual boosted exp and drop rates?

#9 sforstun

sforstun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • Locationmanila PH

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

yeoldknight question, so basically pegasus will be a test server for new skills?

#10 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

yeoldknight question, so basically pegasus will be a test server for new skills?

Exactly.

#11 sforstun

sforstun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • Locationmanila PH

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:40 AM

thanks man.

#12 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Server:Forums

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

There is will be

Grammar.

#13 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:06 AM

btw shaz, im kinda new here just played for almost like a month, got a link for the the pegasus thingy? has there been discussions bout it or a thread maybe?

The link is provided in the first post.

When will the server be open? I'll gladly help out with the testing. And is it the usual boosted exp and drop rates?

We will announce that in the near future. And Correct

Grammar.

Sorry! Long long morning.

#14 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

I just finished downloading, and it's telling me that this is not a windows installer package. Got a clue to why it's saying that?

#15 Teus

Teus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:18 AM

I just finished downloading, and it's telling me that this is not a windows installer package. Got a clue to why it's saying that?

me too ._.

#16 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

Suggest to update your windows installer, use a different browser, or the download could have been corrupt.

#17 Robje

Robje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Seafarer's Rest

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

I have tried to download it 5 times allrdy always same error but i dont remember wich so i will try install again and screen it :)

#18 ShadowF0X

ShadowF0X

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • LocationSunny England
  • Server:Draconics

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

I'll grab the installer 2moro, atm my client is sapping all the bandwidth lol, would be great to test for bugs :p_idea: Hope to see you guys there!

#19 Mullemaus

Mullemaus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSore wa himitsu desu ^^

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:38 AM

Shouldn't the Event end today?

#20 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:39 AM

Shouldn't the Event end today?

We extended it until the next patch! :p_smile:

So keep on getting that summer gear

#21 lrf97

lrf97

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

I hope it's faster for me to change the name 1 week ago and am waiting for the day to maintain this today 17/07/2012 that my name may be completed as I can not do anything .. I will have to wait more ..
:thx: for the info .... ShazamO

#22 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

Yeold, I'll gladly test with you.

#23 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

Try using IE, Chrome seems to corrupt the file for some reason. It worked with IE though.

#24 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

Chrome throws out "Insufficient Permissions" error while downloading the file as yeold said.

#25 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

omg more buggs to come and stacking the current one we got. GG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users