Maintenance 7/17 Renewal servers - Page 6 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Maintenance 7/17 Renewal servers

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#126 Defstatic

Defstatic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationVancouver, WA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

You have to complete the Message Delivery Quest as well.

#127 JIGSAW

JIGSAW

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

What's in the box, yo
Names are not matching in game and there's no forking description at all.
Do something. Thx

#128 StStephen

StStephen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationHayward, California, United States of America

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

Do we know yet how it will work, apart from the 3 MVPs available at a time? Like what will be required to summon them and what not?

This is a really good chance to bring some people back to renewal, I hope its done in a way that makes it accessible to the average player and is worth the time/resources it requires.

As for which MVPs, I would suggest a general structure of
MVP 1: Something veteran/reasonably geared or levelled people can solo or small/less powerful guilds/groups can team up on
MVP 2: A more challenging MVP but something that people with average or slightly below average gear can still take on in a very small group
MVP 3: One of the really powerful MVPs

Keep server population in mind. For many people it won't be possible to quickly summon a large group of people to take on an MVP. For many of us with busy lives we like to be able to just pop on and mop up an MVP before work or something. If killing anything at all is going to require a big group or jumping through a lot of hoops the summoner won't get nearly as much use (which means less people paying for VIP, less people buying kafra supplies to use while killing MVPs and so on). I would imagine most of the people who want MVP cards to be mega ultra rare have probably gone over to classic. Many of the people in my guild who have stayed on renewal still have things they want to accomplish there, including finally owning a good MVP card after a decade of playing ;)

I'm really hoping this rolls out as something I can really sink my teeth into, summoner was one of my very favorite parts of the game.

#129 Xyst

Xyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:23 AM

Byorgue Card should be in the card to put in The Sign just for the FUN!!!

#130 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:13 AM

Can we get a clarification that Niff is under double exp for spotlight or not?

#131 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

MVPs to go in on this first round:

Tao Gunka : Low leveled target
Kiel : Medium Difficulty
Valkyrie Randgris : High Difficulty

The intended operation is every few weeks we will swap what MVPs are in, not that every MVP in the game is summonable.
Cost to summon will be 4 Eden Merit Badges, regardless of the monster.

Next week merry badger will stop her offerings, the WoE update actually consumes many of those items and I don't want to lessen that updates meaning.

#132 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

By stop her offerings you mean trading in items for eden merits or trading eden merits for items? or both?
Also: What will cooldown on the summoner be?

Edited by KriticalAssassin, 19 July 2012 - 09:30 AM.

#133 xRainne

xRainne

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

I like how you're fixing everything except for the Mado party heal bug. *sigh*

#134 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:47 AM

Next week merry badger will stop her offerings, the WoE update actually consumes many of those items and I don't want to lessen that updates meaning.

Possible to give more details about what offers that will be discontinued? Thanks.

#135 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

if merry badger gets removed then how we will get kvm badges, dont say doing the bg cuz that -_- bugs every 2-3 fights giving an hour cooldown or theres ppl setting up with a bunch of alts

#136 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

if merry badger gets removed then how we will get kvm badges, dont say doing the bg cuz that -_- bugs every 2-3 fights giving an hour cooldown or theres ppl setting up with a bunch of alts

Seal quests.

#137 Xyst

Xyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

This need a better explanation.

#138 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

sorry 50 resets stones, besides waiting for seals to roll again isnt a good option

#139 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

sorry 50 resets stones, besides waiting for seals to roll again isnt a good option

If you want to earn kvm weapons work for them. When the brisingamen seal opens you do that seal. You get some exp an old card album and 40 kvm badges. You sell the old card album. And buy a reset stone with the money. You even are left over with some extra zeny. Then you reset your seals with that reset stone and repeat. Efficiently earning exp, zeny, and kvm badges each time. And that's just doing 1 of the seal quests. You can do all 4 of them and then use a reset stone if you want. It will reset all 4 seals with just 1 stone. I earned 2 kvm weapons and a kvm suit doing this. And I have a bunch of extr kvm badges as well. The Sleipnir seal even gives 80 kvm badges instead. And one of the random gears it can give is a pirate dagger. People will be fine without the eden merit badge trade in for KVM's. Gramps wasn't always here in the past anyhow.

#140 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

yesyesyesyes, i know how all it works already, that doesnt justify taking out the option to "work" for them with embs, or maybe killing 80000 monsters doesnt coutn as "work" making/waiting for a party and spending resources(if solo)
most of quests in ro are just annoying, maybe good for lore, but thats it once or twice is enough "grinding" those quests are the most boring -_- ever

#141 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:34 AM

I like how you're fixing everything except for the Mado party heal bug. *sigh*

This is something that needs to be fixed by kRO and sent to iRO.

#142 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

The intended operation is every few weeks we will swap what MVPs are in, not that every MVP in the game is summonable.

Is she stopping all of her offerings, or just some? Is it possible if you can clarify this?

#143 GryphonYoyo

GryphonYoyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Server:ymir

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

please explain in more detail

Edited by GryphonYoyo, 19 July 2012 - 11:39 AM.

#144 Xyst

Xyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

Explain how this can kill the WoE Update.

("Next week merry badger will stop her offerings, the WoE update actually consumes many of those items and I don't want to lessen that updates meaning.")

Remenber that the Bellum Gear just work in PVP enviroment so don't work the same as KVM gear. Even that Bellun Gear has slot and better Demi-Human reduction, better magic def and range reduction, better def in general Better bonuses, Better HP boost besides mages class. And Bellun gear are fully vendable.

Been able to get KVM gear with help of EMB won't kill the Bellum gear. They will be just part of the transition to those gear.

#145 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

About the summoner:
  • I'd also like to have more details on Merry Badger update; with a cost of 4 EMB I'd expect more in game options to get them instead of less.
  • Furthermore, how the summoner instance will be? With waves of minions like in the Sakray test?
  • I'd rather see the new MVPs every few weeks added to instead of replacing the currents. People won't probably pay the VIP for the summoner unless for the period the MVPs they are interested in are available.

#146 crustman

crustman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

How are we going to get our EMB when we can't trade them and there is no turn in for us???
and the summoner is only for VIP only or non VIP can summon too???

Edited by crustman, 19 July 2012 - 12:20 PM.

#147 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

Very well. But you mean what?

Well, I believe the badge redeeming (for things like job manual, reset stone) should keep up. And badges coming from TI as always.

But the weapon giving for medals.... that could be cut out, yeah.

#148 StStephen

StStephen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationHayward, California, United States of America

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

The full details on how the summoner is going to work would be much apprecitated. I want to plan some guild events there, but I need to know if its worth doing first.

#149 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

dont take out battle grounds stuff off merry please X_X

#150 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

i dont feel like completing a turn in to get badges to turn into medals to turn into gears... there are too many gears centered towards demi human damage and reducing damage from demi humans currently... this is one of those things that takes away from making creative builds... the most powerful gears in game dont give much in the way of variation...forcing players to build characters in a set way... you vary rarely see hybrids of any one class because the gears and skills kinda force them to choose one or 2 builds... its kinda sad that its come to this point... hopefully we will begin to see gears more aimed at less used skills... or just good slotted gears in general... the whole point of cards was variation and yet when everybody is using KVM gears youre not seeing that variation... just whos got a higher upgrade level...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users