Just started playing RO again. I need help, Please have a look. - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Just started playing RO again. I need help, Please have a look.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 unaz

unaz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

Hello! I Played RO since it was Alpha and Beta, a way in retail until about when the 2-2 classes where released. When i saw RO where f2p i decided to pick it up again for nostalgic reasons. (My iRO account are from ~2002 ;D)

I got my old chars at Ymir_VIP but there isnt much activity there so i decided to start at char at Valkyria. I started with a assassin that is ~lvl50 now but i think i want to play a swordsman character instead.

I really need help here. Wich of knight and Crusader with what stat and skill build will work for me? Remember that i have almost no zeny at all (250k on assassin) and no gear to transfer. I need a good character to mainly solo/duo PvM as i dont have a guild even though i hope i find one.

I want to try it all but not WoE, becouse i dont really see the fun in pvp in this game.

What way will get me in to the community best and let me try the most of the game without the need of 200m Zeny.

Side note, anyone want an oldie noob in their guild?

#2 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

Both knights and crusaders (rune knights and royal guards) are good choices. Royal guards are a bit more on the defensive side and rune knights are a bit more on the offensive side but both are quite good at tanking + killing. If you don't intend on WoE-ing a RG might be a better choice since they are quite good at MVPing end game.

Eden Gramps turn ins are the best way to level after level 90 pretty much so a swordsman character is usually the tank for the party. Guard and sometimes defending aura is good for this for a RG and high VIT (applies to both RG and RK).

If you are starting out without a lot of funds, going AGI build might be a good choice. You won't be able to mob and AOE as well as a VIT build but it will be cheaper in terms of supplies (pots / strawberries). I would probably recommend getting around 90 AGI and get spear quicken (crusader) or two hand quicken (knight). You need high STR for damage, enough DEX to hit the monsters, and also do get some VIT to help survivability. There are several stickied guides on both RG and RK on the swordsman forum.

Also, you can check out the Valk guild recruiting area to join a guild; a lot of guilds are friendly to new players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users