Rental Items On Classic Waisted? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Rental Items On Classic Waisted?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 OccultPriest

OccultPriest

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

Sooo I made a Dancer on classic and when i did all of my character options said Premium so i picked one. My vip ran out today with my dancer filled with three rental gears two that run out in 3 days. Sent in a ticket and pmed a gm sooo sad a whole day of leveling waisted. Sad Face :(

#2 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

Sooo I made a Dancer on classic and when i did all of my character options said Premium so i picked one. My vip ran out today with my dancer filled with three rental gears two that run out in 3 days. Sent in a ticket and pmed a gm sooo sad a whole day of leveling waisted. Sad Face :(

its dangerous out there
here take this for your own protection
Posted Image

#3 OccultPriest

OccultPriest

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

I'm just wondering what the gms are gonna do about this because this is a problem

#4 OccultPriest

OccultPriest

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

No One Cares about my anguish QQ

#5 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

dont be mean to me :(

#6 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

Are you asking if GMs will re-imburse you for the rental items on the character or move your character from the premium slot to the free slot?

#7 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

No, he is telling he is victim of a scam.

#8 TooLowForZero

TooLowForZero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationBay Area
  • Server:Classic

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

QQ harder Styx.

#9 pdub

pdub

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationThe Interwebs

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

Premium character slots = :p_sick:

VIP doesn't get any benefits on classic server atm, so yeah.. those premium character slots are a bad idea

#10 Lithel

Lithel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/07DeadlySins
  • LocationProfessional hobo

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

Wait so you are saying your dancer was in one of the premium spots and since your VIP ran out today you cant play it now? D:

#11 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

The solution would be to renew VIP. Your going to have to keep doing that anyway if you want to play the dancer regardless of rental gears.

#12 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:38 AM

QQ harder Styx.

I can repeat it again and again but this you read when you sign up:
  • Free to play, VIPs will be able to create more characters but reduced death penalty and boosted experience bonuses for VIPs has not yet been implemented.
  • Character Slots labeled "Premium" can be created and played with VIP, while VIP is active you can access these additional character slots.
  • Server launches with default rates of 1.5x, 1.5x, and 2% death penalty
No doubt you will make you char in that specific slot because only in that slot you wil get reduced death penalty and boosted experience bonuses for VIPs.
Though it has not yet been implemented. It is not extra slots they are promising.
Expectations are that they will implement it asap, before VIP expires.
If that does not happens there should be refund or something else to compensate.
The customer should not have to request for it, it is the responsebility of the company that makes the offer.
So, yes you have to pay for VIP or you can't play this char but you should get something more then just extra slots.

If that will happen it is not anything else then a scam.
This will not say that it is also the intention of company to do so but it is clear the company has to do something before someone charge them for not delivering what they promised.

#13 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:48 AM

Basically what the OP is saying that he made his dancer in the premium slot by accident.
Sent in a ticket to get it moved.
VIP expired before the ticket has been replied to.
Now his rental things are being wasted.

#14 Saikoro

Saikoro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:51 AM

Huh, WHAT?
You mean, when vip runs out, you can not play the chars on the vip slots?
I thought it was like on Ymir, where you have to pay once to make the characters on these slots. >__>
That's the reason i paid all my accounts. Then i made chars on the vip slots first, because they would be gone when it runs out.
You're telling me that was wrong? Is this a bug, or intended? x__X

#15 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:42 AM

Correct, VIP must be active to play the premium slot characters

#16 OccultPriest

OccultPriest

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:00 AM

Well my ticket has been declined I've only been playing for 6 years and put a -_-tload of money in the game the least they could do is switch them so i don't have to suffer.

#17 Saikoro

Saikoro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:08 AM

This system doesn't make sense to me at all. :/
Who constantly buys vip?

... well, i guess if someone owns a server, they can do all they want with it. u__u

#18 OccultPriest

OccultPriest

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:14 AM

im kindof angry now for these reasons
rudra bow 250kp expires 07/24/2012
refresh boots 250kp expires 07/24/2012 (cant get again btw)
rudra bow box 250kp not opened
rental glove 250kp expires in augest (dnt remembe when)
omni die 150kp (dyed character)
enlarge weight limit 10 450kp
noodle hat 500kp
robyo eyes 700kp
bm used 7/10 400kp

all of this money waisted because they cant switch my chars around not to mention im going to buy more stuff and vip in the future but right now im struggling to pay for college next semester. I cant afford to pat vip right now and what upsets me is i made my character befor i knew what the premium service even was. sad face

#19 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:20 AM

The longer you play, the more they neglect you.

#20 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:24 AM

If you don't like the char in that slot they will charge for VAS, or you have to pay for VIP.

The only thing you can claim is that they didn't deliver reduced death penalty and boosted experience bonuses for VIPs as announced.
They made that expectation, and certainly not on long terms because then should have told so before.
It is the only edge you have but it is not a weak one.

#21 OccultPriest

OccultPriest

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:32 AM

I've honestly put hundreds and hundreds of dollars into this game. And when a new exciting new server comes out, i make a char on classic and the one confusing new thing of course isnt their fault its mine.

#22 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:39 AM

It's pretty ridiculous, the information about the differences in VIP were nestled quietly into information that everyone thought they already knew / had read on the forums.
Why would a veteran for example, opt to read the website over the forums? They've been in pre-re, they know the mechanics, they've had VIP on other servers, so they "know" how that worked.

This didn't come to light well enough (in my eyes) until it was bought onto the forums and heimdallr answered it. I think people should be allowed to switch chars that were made prior to the date of his post, not only ones from the 28/29th.

The VIP benefit on Classic is access to more characters. That is it, if more happens later then it is very good and will be more value added to the VIP.

I have spoken with the GM team on the shuffling of character slots. The only time it can happen is if the characters were made prior to server launch, as you indeed had no real way to know that the 4,5 slots were going to remain VIP access only. But since that time it has been clear which were premium access or not slots.

For now those that created characters on the 28th,29th of June will be allowed to "shuffle" by contacting the GM team. But once we do have a VAS up for that service (which has been discussed in the past for the other servers anyway) then we will stop offering the Free Shuffle of Classic Characters.

This consideration is because I wasn't clear enough on what the "premium" meant prior to server launch.

We are still feeling out the direction to go for the Classic server to maximize its life and playability, this is one of the things on the list.

http://www.playragna...aspx?id=211&p=1

Edited by Xellie, 22 July 2012 - 04:42 AM.

#23 OccultPriest

OccultPriest

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:10 AM

It wasn't clear to me I still hade vip and created this character prier to this announcement that is what angers me.

#24 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:37 AM

It's pretty ridiculous, the information about the differences in VIP were nestled quietly into information that everyone thought they already knew / had read on the forums.
Why would a veteran for example, opt to read the website over the forums? They've been in pre-re, they know the mechanics, they've had VIP on other servers, so they "know" how that worked.

This didn't come to light well enough (in my eyes) until it was bought onto the forums and heimdallr answered it. I think people should be allowed to switch chars that were made prior to the date of his post, not only ones from the 28/29th.

Yes, communication is not the best part but nevertheless they can not change conditions afterwards without options for the customer.
You have to think about this; if you move your char now and they implement the bonus as announced, of course you want to go back to that Premium slot but now you have pay for VAS. Obvious it is required that the company makes a clear statement about the bonus and schedule.

#25 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:40 AM

I was denied moving my character because I deleted and remade with correct stats on the day the server came up rather than 5 in every stat because I was in a hurry to save my name. Pretty nice way to treat somebody who's been playing and supporting the game for so long.

Hello. As I was unaware of the way the VIP system worked in terms of character slots, I would like to request that my character "Golden Thief Bug" be moved to the free slot location which is currently occupied by my character "Damned".
Would you be able to switch the locations of "Golden Thief Bug" and "Damned" please? Thank you.

Thank you for requesting our support.

Unfortunately, this character does not qualify for the free character slot move as it was created after the servers were opened.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us again.

Steve
Customer Service Supervisor
WarpPortal Support Team

Hello. Unfortunately you appear to be mistaken. The character was made before servers opened. It was simply deleted and remade under the same name with the correct stat allocation after the servers came up. Naturally I didn't care about stats when the servers weren't up yet and was more focused on getting the name I wanted. If you look at logs you will see that a character called "Golden Thief Bug" was created before servers came up, was deleted and replaced with the same character but different stats.

Thank you for requesting our support.

The character was still created after the servers were open. The character will not be moved for free. You will need to wait for the VAS service to become available for us to move this character.

Steve
Customer Service Supervisor
WarpPortal Support Team

The time it took for you to argue the issue over tickets you could have done the move. I have no plans to give up VIP any time soon. However just to ensure my zeny does not get locked out I am requesting that you move a character that was technically created right when the servers came up for VIP.
Perhaps if you were more clear on what the VIP slots meant this issue wouldn't exist. Since you were not clear it would be nice if you could assist me with this.

Greetings,

Unfortunately the decision of the supervisor regarding this matter is final and will not change. We kindly ask that you wait for the VAS to become available to be able to move the character.

Should you have other inquiries please do not hesitate to contact us again. Thank you for supporting Ragnarok Online.

Regards,

Ian
Customer Service Representative
WarpPortal Support Team

Following this the ticket was closed. :)

Edited by Hrishi, 22 July 2012 - 05:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users