NiteWolfX13

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationCA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:11 PM

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not. But the Ranger skill, Camouflage, is bugged. The skill description states that it "increases Critical rate and ATK, but decreases DEF while casting the skill.".. Yet, I see no change in stats when in use. I tried to test this, but as soon as I were to attack during the duration of the skill, it immediately cancels. It also says "The skill is canceled once caster uses it one more time", which also does not work. I found the only way to get out of Camo is to either wait the 10 sec, or shoot an enemy. All it does is drain sp and act like a terrible cloak, considering you can faintly see the ranger.. On another note, if the ranger has an aura, that is still visible as well. If the faint image of the ranger should remain, I suggest disabling the aura once the skill is in use.

#2 Haldor

Haldor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:47 AM

I noticed this as well, but was too lazy to post it.

I noticed zero increase in damage when using camo 5. Yes it is canceled when you attack, but I figured it would at least work with 1 attack.

#3 neokenshin

neokenshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationDunno...they kicked me out of Hades for being too evil

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:46 AM

It was balanced in a later kRO update to permanently keep you in Camo as long as you have SP, and only certain skills will reveal you from Camo. It also gave a WAY better ATK bonus, making Aimed Bolt a lot more powerful. It did reveal you when setting traps, but using ATK skills didn't. Not sure when we're gonna get this balancing but hopefully it's soon, because it really makes Rangers a lot better.

#4 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:08 AM

@neokenshi:
The Attack bonus is the same in both versions except that in the newer ones you are allowed to use it with manually casted skills and not just autocasted ones. This is because the old one is removed every time you manually cast a skill so you luse the 30*"time in Camouflage" damage. Also since we don't have Elven arrows till 14.1 the damage from Camo is quite negligible especially since it only lasts 10s.

#5 NiteWolfX13

NiteWolfX13

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationCA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:34 PM

It was balanced in a later kRO update to permanently keep you in Camo as long as you have SP, and only certain skills will reveal you from Camo. It also gave a WAY better ATK bonus, making Aimed Bolt a lot more powerful. It did reveal you when setting traps, but using ATK skills didn't. Not sure when we're gonna get this balancing but hopefully it's soon, because it really makes Rangers a lot better.

I very much like the way this sounds, and hope this update is applied to our servers.. The way Camo functions currently is pretty much useless, especially considering it's a skill (Lvl. 1) needed to unlock others. >.>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users