• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 WorldBosh

WorldBosh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

I understand that there needs to be a coin sink GMs, but could you consider making the pots 50% cheaper? Potions are a necessity and I feel that its just wrong to have your cash source killed by something as vital as potions. I understand farming for gear, refinement materials, etc., but you shouldn't have this much trouble with cash past 40 (18k for 50 pots).

#2 HatsuneMikuHime

HatsuneMikuHime

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMiku Heaven
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:Delphi

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:54 AM

^, This is probably the biggest turn off for this game to me. I have 4 Orange gear, and repairing them alone costs a stupid amount of money, but since I'm a mage I eat through HP pots.
Instead of HP pots costing 60k for 200, make it 5k for 200. I can't farm or do anything, because I'm done to couple K, and if my gear needs repairing I can't buy pots, but then I can't do anything.

#3 Alteris

Alteris

Awarded #1 Troll

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 882 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

We'll definitely take a look into the costs of potions in game.

#4 HatsuneMikuHime

HatsuneMikuHime

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMiku Heaven

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

Im going broke here Alteris :D, but thank you for looking into it.

#5 Alphamojo

Alphamojo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

Oh shweeet potion jooice!!!!! Why must my addiction cost sooo much!!!!!!

#6 arapanasati

arapanasati

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:12 AM

I don't think hp pots are too expensive, I just think they heal far too little, at least after about level 30. Currently with how much dmg mobs do you have a potion on almost the entire time, even when only fighting 1 mob. A level 60 potion heals for 3600 over time. Mobs hit for 1k to 3k dmg in a single hit. That makes affording potions absurdly difficult for anyone but Clerics.

Another oddity with potion pricing is mana pot cost increases. Novice pot is 10g and gives 200 mana. Lvl 1 mana pot is 30g and gives 250 mana. That is a 3x increase in price for just 25% extra mana. Level 2 mana pot is 80 gold and gives 300 mana. That's 8x the price of a novice pot, only for 50% extra mana. As a 59 cleric I never need to use more than level 2 mana pots to sustain my mana pool. For this reason I think mana pots should be rescaled. An example could be novice pot gives 100 mana for 10g. Lvl 1 pot gives 150 mana and costs 20g. Lvl 2 pot gives 200 mana and costs 40g. Lvl 3 pot gives 250 mana and costs 70g. Lvl 4 pot gives 300 mana and costs 110g. Etc.

#7 SiSMeC

SiSMeC

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:25 AM

I disagree with the hp potions suggestion, even more, i would make them more expensive.
If u wanna/need healing, party up with a healing cleric. Thats the whole point of the class.

About the mana potions i agree, need to make them superexpensive and instant with a 20 secs cd or so. Cuz again, if u need mana, put some wisdom stats points, thats why they are for(Wisdom stats needs to be modified to make the mp regen worth). For rangers and warriors, change their mana bar for another bar that regenerate based on str/dex/vit whatever (Same concept).

Atm, this game is useless for hybrid and support classes. A full 1stat dd class can go solo the entire game, and i didnt say u cant do this, but it shouldnt be that easy to do.

#8 Apollon

Apollon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:22 AM

I'm a little torn between both sides on this issue. Just as a little background, I'm a level 32 warrior (1h/shield spec). Thus far, I've been able to level quite well and make a handy profit in doing so but I can see a wall coming.

As it pertains to this class I see two problems:

1) My DPS blows compared to any other class. It takes me two full revolutions of my skills to kill one mob (~20 seconds).
2) As a function of the first point, I'm using as many pots, if not far more, as my higher damaging counterparts but I kill even slower.

I'd be fine with leveling a bit slower if I was taking less damage, but I'm not. Every single mobs deals magic damage - whether or not they are "magic", ranged, or melee. Thus, the only defensive bonus I get is a very short defense boost (can't rely on it) and a shield. My block rate hovers around the 18% , but my damage is definitely not 18% less than other specializations. The next defensive boost I get is at level 38.

I agree with SiSMeC that any change should be minimal. I'd see a 10-20% reduction on HP pots as reasonable, as well as lowering the quantity of what the level 1 mana pot gives and reducing the costs of the higher mana pots in a similar fashion. I'd also like to see potions modified to heal a % of HP instead of a flat quantity. That way, it scales with HP and helps us warriors that have virtually zero defense against mobs anyway. With how the game stands now, I don't see the point of a defensive warrior unless you are in PvP and tanking the rangers. By lowering pots too much, you make someone like me totally useless.

However, I will clearly state if you simply lower the costs of pots due to complaining mages and rangers - that is a massive nerf to every single person that plays a support character. That would be the completely wrong decision.

Edited by Apollon, 27 July 2012 - 04:26 AM.

#9 Spud

Spud

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:39 AM

Suggestion: Keep potion prices, but make them drop from monsters at a decent rate.

#10 rekindledflame

rekindledflame

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:24 AM

However, I will clearly state if you simply lower the costs of pots due to complaining mages and rangers - that is a massive nerf to every single person that plays a support character. That would be the completely wrong decision.

TBH if you're eating through HP pots as ranger (assuming range) you're playing the class wrong. The only occassion this happens is if you get a bad pull, or get slowed. Only the last 2 dungeons required me to use extensive pots. =P Going the Sin route is a completely different matter.

I do agree with you though, that HP pots should heal for a percentage rather than a flat rate so they scale with the player better as well as effect the classes more evenly. Even if this were implemented though, I think the cost should be dropped. The thing is, at the cap gold is quite a bit harder to come by. If I had to estimate, I would say at level 50, is where loot from mob's drops off (excluding dungeons naturally), and the gold...well it's around 300 a mob. You're also not making gold for quests anymore, which really adds up over the course of the game. If you engage in pk it's even worse. My equipment repairs (at 50%) run me around 50k. I hear orange is even worse, but I wouldn't know =P.

tl;dr
Mob gold does not raise proportionally to escalated costs the higher you get, making it difficult to pay for things.

#11 SendoAishi

SendoAishi

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

Or maybe instead of reducing the price or how much the potions heal maybe you should look into the damage that mobs do. I've tried about every class so far trying to figure out which I like best and they all seem to basically obliterate me with damage while I hit 20's and such.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users