• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:33 AM

A lot of skills have a cooldown (different to aftercast delay) thats not listed, anywhere. Some are a few seconds, some are a few minutes. Cast time/delay vary so I can understand most skills not listing those, but for skills that have a lengthly cooldown it'd be great if it could be included in the skill descriptions.

As far as im aware nothing currently ingame can reduce cooldowns right?

Edited by Hrothmund, 24 September 2010 - 03:34 AM.

#2 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:06 AM

Specific skill re-use delays don't seem to be reducible by anything. Its not a new feature either. Skills like Endure always had a specific skill re-use delay and have never been reducible.

#3 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:12 AM

I had forgotten endure, but they were pretty rare pre-RE. It seems like half the skills now have cooldowns and things like Inspiration or hallucination walk have fairly lengthy ones.

#4 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:05 AM

I think gravity did it for skills like endure out of balance necessity but are now doing it to skills in general to be more like other MMO that do it to all skills.

#5 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:11 AM

Soul Siphon is another one that had a reuse delay preRenewal. Reuse delay is meant to be another limiting factor in spamming skills (along with fixed casting time.

If anything, there's still the paw thing that appears on our skills while it's in aftercast delay and in reuse delay.

#6 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:43 AM

Venom Splasher also had a 12s reuse delay prior to renewal. :unsure:

#7 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:53 AM

Lengthy skill delays should definitely be stated in skill descriptions.

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:31 AM

Lengthy skill delays should definitely be stated in skill descriptions.

It wouldn't matter so much if we had an accurate wiki with skill info (i mean, the ingame descriptions have always been a work of pure fiction in RO anyway), though it would be great if we had accurate info in game (and more accessible) - but that may be too much to hope for!

I was digging around in the GRF and we have a skilldescript.lub, which has the skill descriptions in it, but they're in compiled lua format, so they're not human editable, and the uncompiled form, skilldescript.lua has not been localized. Was hoping that we could open that, edit it, and recompile it so the community could edit the skill desc's ourselves and submit clean, non-engrish skill descs to the GMs, but no such luck. I can't get skilldescript.lub to decompile.

#9 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:03 AM

It wouldn't matter so much if we had an accurate wiki with skill info

If people helped updating it things would go much faster. <.< Took me a very long time just to update and verify the Archer skills and the Hunter traps. I still have the rest of the Hunter skills, Sniper Skills and the whole Ranger to complete.

A lot of the casting times, delays and cooldowns are listed in here but most of the 3-2 classes don't have them since people don't bother testing them and only use them for their OPness.

#10 Stalkerness

Stalkerness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:07 AM

Was hoping that we could open that, edit it, and recompile it so the community could edit the skill desc's ourselves and submit clean, non-engrish skill descs to the GMs, but no such luck. I can't get skilldescript.lub to decompile.

iirc, lua has a function to return the names of all variables defined (and i think it was a royal pain to work with). Using such a function, you could extract the .lub files by including them, and then printing out all your variables to a file.

Also many of the _f files have some unique functions in them, such as MakeBuffIconInfoFile in stateiconinfo_f...

#11 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:55 AM

Soul Siphon is another one that had a reuse delay preRenewal. Reuse delay is meant to be another limiting factor in spamming skills (along with fixed casting time.

If anything, there's still the paw thing that appears on our skills while it's in aftercast delay and in reuse delay.

Oh yup noticed that, very handy addition for cast delay/reuse delay. For some things your left tapping your foot while you wait for it to go away though :unsure:

(having a mouse-over say the remaining time like buff icons would be awesome)

#12 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

I think a 10-(skill level)minutes delay for inspiration, is ridiculous for the time that it allows you to USE it.  They seriously don't know how to balance things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users