6 replies to this topic

#1 Alphamojo

Alphamojo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:32 AM

I think the fundamentals of some skills could be changed to help warrior melee, of course it's only my opinion of skill changes. I highly invite others to comment or add what they believe would be effective charges.

Charge:
This skill should not be used only outside combat, while yes it's a great initiator it's primary purpose should be to close the gap between the warrior and his opponent. (I know Charge of Anger is available at level 50, but this skill should be low level and available to both skill trees early!)

I would propose that if used outside of combat that it remains the same as it is now, but if used in combat the warrior loses the stun component to the charge (balance would equal a slightly longer cooldown on Charge Skill 10-15secs). There is enough Crowd Control(CC) in other classes to facilitate a clever player to maintain their distance should they face a warrior, but as it stands now...the only chance a warrior has versus range would be to see him first even then that is still no guarantee, as they still have CC options which can easily remove them from melee range.

Then to help "tanks" replace the high end Charge of Anger with a passive or aura "Roar of Anger" that reduces enemy crowd control skill duration.

Severe Blow:
This skill is considered a finisher yet it seems quite subpar, increase in damage would seem to be the easiest route to go here, but adding another Bleed DoT would help greatly with DPS ensuring a kill for the Warrior.

Stormy Blow:
This skill should probably have a knock back effect on enemies.

Surprise Attack:
Think the effect of a surprise attack would slow enemy responses making them attack slower or increase cast times on their skills by 20% can stack up to 3 times.

I think that was what I came across initially...of course feel free to add to or discuss.

#2 Apollon

Apollon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:34 AM

1) Severe Blow - No skill should "insure a kill". I'd keep severe blow as it is.

2) Stormy Blow - Possibly, would have to look at that skill closer.

3) Surprise Attack - It currently reduces enemy attack which is arguably far stronger than a attack speed debuff due to the fact you can weave normal attacks and skills. It also staks up to 3 times, so you can really ruin a physical DD's damage. However, it doesn't seem to do anything to mages - it should DEFINITELY increase cast speed time.

Edited by Apollon, 27 July 2012 - 04:34 AM.

#3 Alphamojo

Alphamojo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

Severe Blow: is only activated when the target is below 30%, so by design it's suppose to insure a kill.

Suprise Attack: From a PvE standpoint so many enemies use elemental attacks later in game, that a 20% debuff on physical attacks is useless. If this skill came earlier in character life as it is...then yes it would be safe to say it's useful. In PvP if you are fighting a warrior yeah guess it would be nice, but good rangers would likely kite using normal attacks as skills would force them to stop moving, and it's also hard to stack the debuff at 5.0sec recharge, when the debuff only last 5.0secs especially on ranged players.

Attack Speed debuff coupled with Cast Speed increase would effect the overall DPS far greater IMO.

Besides I think physical damage reduction should be passive for a warrior(only), based on overall defense rating. 1-3% for every 500-750 defense would be a nice start.

#4 Apollon

Apollon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:29 AM

There should not be ANY skill that insures a kill, period. I don't care what %hp it procs at, there should always be something they can do (silence, boost defense, proc heals, ect.). The skill is fine as is.

Warriors and Rangers are using physical attack....use it on them. 2H Warriors do MASSIVE damage, debuffing them is wise. I do agree with cast speed increases so it does something versus mages.

#5 Alphamojo

Alphamojo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:19 AM

Then why bother with making it activate at %hp, it barely does more damage than the first skill and requires 5 skill points in order to make it anywhere near a heavy damage (and still doesn't tally up with cleric). It would be better off as just another active skill on a longer CD....

Most notably I didn't say it should outright kill them, but the added DoT would more than likely ensure a kill should they not be able to heal, and just run away. Right now the skill is NOT fine as it is.

#6 Apollon

Apollon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:33 AM

I'm pretty sure you cannot die from a DoT....considering in the last RvR I was running around with 0 hp for a good 10 seconds (I was subsequently healed and dove back in - no death).

#7 Alphamojo

Alphamojo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

Heh, that would seem like a bug, but I guess you'd need to ask the developers if that's "working as intended".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users