[Classic] Is it possible to do HOs at 55 as agi knight? - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Classic] Is it possible to do HOs at 55 as agi knight?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Reinhartd

Reinhartd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

So I'm about to hit 55 and am ready to get me some spear merc scrolls to go pierce some HOs for easy exp, the only problem is that when I did it as my rogue, it was doable because I had practically 95% flee at that level for them. I'm nowhere near that with my knight atm. Is it still possible? I mean, to get myself to knight quick, I had bow mercs and would just provoke myst cases and run them around. But I think HOs would switch to targeting my merc no? Any advice appreciated :D

#2 cbgenoseven

cbgenoseven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationSacramento, California
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

You might want to hit up OD2 first.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

I used to start in HO's at 55-60. It was kinda rough at first, though. But back in my day, that was just part of leveling up. If you wanted to play in the big leagues, you had to be able to pierce HO's with your eyes closed (hey, that rhymes)... So it;s a good exercise for your spirit, to try piercing HO's at a low level. Make sure you got an endow if at all possible.

If you're trying to do HO's as an agi knight though, that's not gonna work. You see, agi knights aren't very good pre-renewal - their flee is poor, yet so is their DPS, and their low vit has kept their durability sub-par too. The best you can do is focus on things that are easy to dodge and get some vit for pot recovery (30-40 vit) and don't neglect strength too much. Agi knights don't really hit their stride until.... well.... ever... with pre-renewal mechanics.

#4 Reinhartd

Reinhartd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:49 PM

I used to start in HO's at 55-60. It was kinda rough at first, though. But back in my day, that was just part of leveling up. If you wanted to play in the big leagues, you had to be able to pierce HO's with your eyes closed (hey, that rhymes)... So it;s a good exercise for your spirit, to try piercing HO's at a low level. Make sure you got an endow if at all possible.

If you're trying to do HO's as an agi knight though, that's not gonna work. You see, agi knights aren't very good pre-renewal - their flee is poor, yet so is their DPS, and their low vit has kept their durability sub-par too. The best you can do is focus on things that are easy to dodge and get some vit for pot recovery (30-40 vit) and don't neglect strength too much. Agi knights don't really hit their stride until.... well.... ever... with pre-renewal mechanics.

Haha, trust me, I know. I used to play before 2-2 classes were released even XD I just fell in love with my agi crit knight (Capitalizing on a precariously upgraded +8 Muramasa and 2 kobold brooches, back then :P) and now that I have a chance to play Classic, I wanna do it again. I do have the added bonus of having Mercs now though. I wasn't planning on trying to Solo HOs at my level, I was wondering if it were possible to do it if I provoke and ran around while my spear merc would pierce them to death? (Or hell, maybe even run them around for a wiz or something since Peco + Peco Headband = super fast :P)

#5 Reinhartd

Reinhartd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

You might want to hit up OD2 first.

Do you mean just straight up hit stuff or should I try to mob and magnum? (since I'm still I think 7 jleves from even getting level 1 BB)

#6 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

Doable. It's not going to be easy and I wouldn't recommend it if you're going the ctrl click agi route.

#7 cbgenoseven

cbgenoseven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationSacramento, California
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

for OD2 whatever you can do. I just think at 55 you will get more exp/hr and it will be cheaper on pots than HO's right now. But if you want to try running around in circles with High Orcs that might just work. Except Archers will eat you alive.

#8 Reinhartd

Reinhartd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

for OD2 whatever you can do. I just think at 55 you will get more exp/hr and it will be cheaper on pots than HO's right now. But if you want to try running around in circles with High Orcs that might just work. Except Archers will eat you alive.

Yea those archers scare me lol I think I'll try OD2, thanks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users