First time Hunter looking for advice on Renewal and stats. - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

First time Hunter looking for advice on Renewal and stats.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 burucchi

burucchi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:19 PM

Hello. I'm considering starting as a Hunter here, and while I've played the game extensively before, I've yet to be able to get a good run on Renewal. I don't have much funding to begin with, so I was probably thinking on going a CTRL-click route which, while slower, will probably allow me to spend less on healing pots and traps. Besides, I'm a fan of watching the Falcon fly, so I kinda want to go the Auto-Attack Falcon for Hunter/Sniper portion of the game. With that in mind, I am left wondering if DEX should be added in high amounts or if one can survive for a good while with it around 40-50, seeing as, from what I gather, the increment in damage from DEX has been vastly reduced in Renewal? My initial thought was something along the lines of 90+ AGI, 40-60 DEX and a bunch of LUK (is there a good value for this?), with the leftovers on INT.

Another question is concerning the skill build. I see traps are very popular nowadays, and getting the Falcon skills is far from spending all my points, so should I just go for those once I'm done with that should I invest into traps? Or does the low INT hinder them too much? If anyone could suggest a rough skeleton of what I should be looking at in terms of stats/skills, that'd be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

#2 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

The build you are thinking of should still be pretty good I think. Maybe 70 DEX might be a better choice. Ankle snare should be useful to use with your planned build.

Do note that you will be rebirthing and going high archer -> sniper -> ranger, and that you may want to plan your rebirthed build around a ranger build so that you do not have to use up a stat/skill reset.

#3 burucchi

burucchi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:25 AM

I see. But I suppose I can hold off getting those last points of DEX for when I'm nearing the later levels of my Hunter? Since I imagine AGI might be overall more useful for Flee/ASPD and stuff. Also, is Steel Crow...useful? haha.

#4 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:24 AM

That might work out for you, yes. I think I got steel crow cuz there was nothing else to get... the traps were not very appealing to me personally. To be honest it doesn't really take too much time to get to around level 80, and that is around when you can start to do the gramps turn ins.

As for after rebirth, there were some recommendations in this thread --> http://forums.warppo...-for-as-ranger/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users