Class Decision - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Class Decision

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 1809860760

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

Hello, i'm returning from a long hiatus of not playing ro. I seen the classic server and thought "Man this would be swole to play again." I used to main a typical SB assassin cross, but looking back it was a little too safe. All you really do is cloak and sb, and to me it would be boring. There was some suspense in waiting for the right moment to attack and getting around carefully without being revealed. It would kind of nostaglic to play it again but, I what something new. I figuered out top 3 classes I want to make but having a pretty hard time deciding. Could someone help me make up my mind about picking? throw any information.

Lord Knight - I made a LK before, never got it above 70's so I wouldn't know how fun they would be. Had a friend who would just break emps for the guild, seems pretty much all a aspd LK does is woe and mvp. I don't know much about spiral but most people say it's just like a SBK/ SD sinx, but if it is like SBK/ SD what makes a LK better with it?

Scholar - From what i've read they are "top tier" in pvp and woe, and pretty good in mvping. Not to hard to level, I only know that because I got a friends sage from 92 to 98 (he still hasn't reborned it).

Champion - I've never played as one, heard they're good in all aspects (mvping, woeing, and pvping). Do they only depend on asura though? I could understand in situations where you need to, but using it in pvp to me seems like going in with EDP, not at all fair. I can understand using it in woe, since it's anything goes. Can a player rely on occult impacttion, and throw summon sphere to take down anyone in pvp?

Also, I've played valk for a short while back around when it opened and got to 80's relatively fast, and hear people talking about this being much harder than renewal servers. What are the rates .5%?

Oh, and guilds how hard is it to find that group of people have fun woeing and mvping and don't take it serious? The old guild I was in had consisted of just 9 of us, we ussually sat in morroc just chatting and occasionally help each other getting stuff. Never forgot them helping me get the items for spore hat. I hope that there is some guild like that around on here, to me that is what made ro fun.

Any information is good and will be appreciated thanks.

Edited by 1809860760, 28 July 2012 - 05:51 PM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:55 AM

Hello, i'm returning from a long hiatus of not playing ro. I seen the classic server and thought "Man this would be swole to play again." I used to main a typical SB assassin cross, but looking back it was a little too safe. All you really do is cloak and sb, and to me it would be boring. There was some suspense in waiting for the right moment to attack and getting around carefully without being revealed. It would kind of nostaglic to play it again but, I what something new. I figuered out top 3 classes I want to make but having a pretty hard time deciding. Could someone help me make up my mind about picking? throw any information.

Lord Knight - I made a LK before, never got it above 70's so I wouldn't know how fun they would be. Had a friend who would just break emps for the guild, seems pretty much all a aspd LK does is woe and mvp. I don't know much about spiral but most people say it's just like a SBK/ SD sinx, but if it is like SBK/ SD what makes a LK better with it?

Scholar - From what i've read they are "top tier" in pvp and woe, and pretty good in mvping. Not to hard to level, I only know that because I got a friends sage from 92 to 98 (he still hasn't reborned it).

Champion - I've never played as one, heard they're good in all aspects (mvping, woeing, and pvping). Do they only depend on asura though? I could understand in situations where you need to, but using it in pvp to me seems like going in with EDP, not at all fair. I can understand using it in woe, since it's anything goes. Can a player rely on occult impacttion, and throw summon sphere to take down anyone in pvp?

Also, I've played valk for a short while back around when it opened and got to 80's relatively fast, and hear people talking about this being much harder than renewal servers. What are the rates .5%?

Oh, and guilds how hard is it to find that group of people have fun woeing and mvping and don't take it serious? The old guild I was in had consisted of just 9 of us, we ussually sat in morroc just chatting and occasionally help each other getting stuff. Never forgot them helping me get the items for spore hat. I hope that there is some guild like that around on here, to me that is what made ro fun.

Any information is good and will be appreciated thanks.

Note that trans classes aren't in classic yet.

Spiral isn't good in pre-renewal. The winning pre-renewal LK build is SVD, with BB for AoE/WoE damage.

OI and TSS are good, but cannot be relied on. GFist isn't cheating in pvp - it's free. Spamming blues after GFisting though can be argued about. .

As for Classic difficulty - it's not that the server has some setting that makes it harder. It's just that pre-renewal mechanics are much harder than renewal mechanics. The leveling curve in pre-renewal is really cruel. In renewal, it's rather gentle.

Edited by DrAzzy, 29 July 2012 - 12:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users