Is this legal? Paying Ymir players to transfer to Ygg - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Is this legal? Paying Ymir players to transfer to Ygg

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
90 replies to this topic

#76 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:06 AM

wow... you are the one talking

how does it feel being in a dead server after we left?

PS: Sorry... I was talking with the owner of the circus... not with the animals... :ani_swt3:

Uhh I haven't sieged on ymir for 3 months. So I wouldn't know how it feels :(

Edited by Hrishi, 01 August 2012 - 11:09 AM.

#77 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

Uhh I haven't sieged on ymir for 3 months. So I wouldn't know how it feels :(

Neither did I... on Ymir at least...

Hearing from D, it seems Ymir died after we left... they should merge the servers ASAP, doubt Ymir will get their people back... specially when Classic is about to launch WoE.

Do you see any other way to bring people to Ymir? other than merging servers?? Doubt that this new "WoE upgrade" will do much on Ymir if there's no one around to play anymore...

Btw, how's Hawaiian boy?

Edited by Wizard, 01 August 2012 - 11:12 AM.

#78 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

You're joining Volkiba and you're calling D and Haseo bad? Oh maybe that was sarcasm.

#79 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

But you are terrible and D has 1 agi on a sura...

lol

Hey my 1 Agi brings all the Boys to the yard...

#80 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

You're joining Volkiba and you're calling D and Haseo bad? Oh maybe that was sarcasm.

Guild of choice makes a player bad. No wonder you guys have issues X_X

#81 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

Guild of choice makes a player bad. No wonder you guys have issues X_X

I don't know what the beef is between guilds on Ygg,

I am cool with them all I guess?

I WoE'd with Valk on Valk server, Loki's Realm on Ygg and I have a few friends in Volkiba.

So they all seem ok to me.

"If I transfer a character to Ygg, I will be making ~C!andestine Society~"

#82 ScepticalChymist

ScepticalChymist

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:17 AM

As those who know me may be aware, my modus operandi is always to settle conflicts in private, with a compromise reached deemed satisfactory between both parties. Unfortunately, over the past few days and weeks, unsubstantiated smears and slander has been launched against Volkiba to the point where some third parties now have a generally negative, but false impression of our guild. The spillover of rhetoric and vitriol onto public channels has forced my hand, and hence my post here to defuse tensions. I will be addressing the overall forum environment, and not necessarily the contents of this thread in particular.

To clarify, Volkiba and its members, much like most guilds on Yggdrasil server, ascribe to the following four fundamental values: Loyalty, Respect, Honor, and Camaraderie. These tenets are applicable to intra-guild and inter-guild interactions, friend and foe alike. As such, it is standard practice that the majority of our members have not responded to attacks against Volkiba perpetrated by parties on public forums. Any response would have fanned the flames, and lead to an overwhelmingly toxic environment.

Due to the current climate in RO, especially with the forthcoming WoE reform and the population/migration crisis on Ymir server, the general uncertainty of Yggdrasil server status in the near-future has caused the very vocal antagonists of Volkiba to publicly voice their opinions. Recent guild decisions and directions enacted by the Volkiba executive may have negatively affected the ambitions and desires of other guilds, therefore an increase in hate posts on public media.

As a guild, we do not condone the use of smear and slander for ill-intent. Unfortunately, highly damaging unsubstantiated comments, in this case unfounded, have started to influence and dominate public opinion, with uncertainty in the long-term effects on the Volkiba brand name.

It is fortunate our guild leader has decided to remain above the fray. I would like to point out that guild leaders have an added responsibility of being the top representative of their respective guilds. Therefore, their words on public forums may be (or may be perceived as) representative of the opinion of a majority of their guild members.

On behalf of my guild, I would like to apologize to the forum community for some vitriolic comments made by Volkiba members. I hope I can also be afforded the authority to apologize on behalf of other parties who may have contributed to the negative discourse, the combination of which may have led to an unfavorable impression of Yggdrasil server.

Sceptical
Officer & Diplomat, Volkiba

#83 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

As those who know me may be aware, my modus operandi is always to settle conflicts in private, with a compromise reached deemed satisfactory between both parties. Unfortunately, over the past few days and weeks, unsubstantiated smears and slander has been launched against Volkiba to the point where some third parties now have a generally negative, but false impression of our guild. The spillover of rhetoric and vitriol onto public channels has forced my hand, and hence my post here to defuse tensions. I will be addressing the overall forum environment, and not necessarily the contents of this thread in particular.

To clarify, Volkiba and its members, much like most guilds on Yggdrasil server, ascribe to the following four fundamental values: Loyalty, Respect, Honor, and Camaraderie. These tenets are applicable to intra-guild and inter-guild interactions, friend and foe alike. As such, it is standard practice that the majority of our members have not responded to attacks against Volkiba perpetrated by parties on public forums. Any response would have fanned the flames, and lead to an overwhelmingly toxic environment.

Due to the current climate in RO, especially with the forthcoming WoE reform and the population/migration crisis on Ymir server, the general uncertainty of Yggdrasil server status in the near-future has caused the very vocal antagonists of Volkiba to publicly voice their opinions. Recent guild decisions and directions enacted by the Volkiba executive may have negatively affected the ambitions and desires of other guilds, therefore an increase in hate posts on public media.

As a guild, we do not condone the use of smear and slander for ill-intent. Unfortunately, highly damaging unsubstantiated comments, in this case unfounded, have started to influence and dominate public opinion, with uncertainty in the long-term effects on the Volkiba brand name.

It is fortunate our guild leader has decided to remain above the fray. I would like to point out that guild leaders have an added responsibility of being the top representative of their respective guilds. Therefore, their words on public forums may be (or may be perceived as) representative of the opinion of a majority of their guild members.

On behalf of my guild, I would like to apologize to the forum community for some vitriolic comments made by Volkiba members. I hope I can also be afforded the authority to apologize on behalf of other parties who may have contributed to the negative discourse, the combination of which may have led to an unfavorable impression of Yggdrasil server.

Sceptical

what

#84 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationWhere Purple Drank is King
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:You know that one server

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:43 AM

what

I was thinking the same thing lol

#85 TheLastExile

TheLastExile

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

Sceptical

Since my return Ive noticed a huge amount of Anti-Volkiba rhetoric and as Sceptical explained it is ALL unfounded lies and slander that is sadly now considered "common knowledge", that other guilds (names wont be named, you know who you are) are all to fond of spreading around.

what

Get a thesaurus and break the words he used that are to big down if you don't quite get it, i found it pretty straight forward.

1 ) Hes sick of hearing all of the lies and slander about our guild and has been stirred in to posting his post. Take it from someone who's known Sceptical a while, thats no mean feat.

2) He is upset by the fact that Guild leaders and members from other guilds a spreading those same lies over forums and other public mediums tainting not only our reputation but debasing us as well.

Hes far to polite, an unfortunate side effect of his cultural upbringing, allow me to condense into lay-mans terms what hes trying to say

Shut the Forumbashing up, Act your age and take your problems to the people you have them with, rather then beahaveing like a bunch of 12y/o girls who have just discoverd social media spouting off s*it in a public places and actually ACT like you the leader of a large group of people, instead of actling the afore mentioned 12 y/o girls.

I hope my condensed analysis helped you.

#86 ShroomDoom

ShroomDoom

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

Quote previouspost: I hope my condensed analysis helped you.
Thats not condensed here's my analysis

All you people that talk-_- go -_- your selves no offense.

Edited by ShroomDoom, 02 August 2012 - 08:50 AM.

#87 TheLastExile

TheLastExile

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

Quote previouspost: I hope my condensed analysis helped you.
Thats not condensed here's my analysis

All you people that talk -_- go-_- your selves no offense.

An even smaller nutshell XD

#88 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

If you don't like seeing people talk crap I suggest disconnecting your internet.

#89 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:13 AM

Sceptical

i am sure an internet game forum care a lot about your apology

#90 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts
  • Server:EternalLove

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

Blah blah blah blah... Blah blah blah.