Rumor: New Level cap and Gear. - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Rumor: New Level cap and Gear.

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:14 AM

I've heard rumor that there was an announcement, for August 7th, that there will be new gear and a raised level cap. Can we get any clarification?

#2 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:29 AM

I'm starting to think it is true and they are caught in an upset that we found out without them telling us. Usually after the 3rd(this being like the 4th) post about something, someone on the GM/DEV/etc. team clarifys what is going on. If this was rumor I'd assume they would've negated that rumor right from the first post.

#3 sephiroth099

sephiroth099

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Server:a good one

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:31 AM

its prolly tru. but i dont think it will happen on the 7'th considering they still haven't fixed the servers

#4 KingsBane

KingsBane

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:37 AM

They might put this stuff in an update same time as they nerf int the logic being that we be too busy with new stuff to care about the stat mess

#5 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:39 AM

They might put this stuff in an update same time as they nerf int the logic being that we be too busy with new stuff to care about the stat mess

Sounds about right. Thing is even though I don't necessarily like all this new stuff going on, I also feel bad on their side to some degree I guess. I mean think about it, people complain when they do one little class balance piece at a time, but you know people will rage just as hard if they do all the class balancing and everything in one big lump.

#6 KingsBane

KingsBane

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:54 AM

I dont have much sypathy for gravity they created much of the trouble pre orlo it was increased stats all the way. Then orlo arrived with a huge nerfing of our stats a nerfing that mages never recovered from same goes for dual raiders. They were still telling us that new content was being worked on back then 200 armours and weapons and 220 stuff was just round the corner. That was three years ago and during that time they totally messed up orlo the drops went to adventure plains level of value. Was drops ever fixed was new content created was sensible balancing done. A statement saying that new new content was planned that they would work on making the rose experience better was in pipeline. Well did it happen or are we waiting for the server to go up again. Games arena would have been a nice extra but it should not be a replacement for new maps new skills new levels and if level cap is increased where are we to level in a very bland and boring orlo in the ruins there r not many places left at 220. Save your sorror for the players sir slayer not the management

#7 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:00 AM

My opinion is:

- Higher Level Cap expected late 2012 / Early 2013.

- New Gears: Concept Designs not even started.

Their too busy with other things on the list to even consider new gears.

#8 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:25 AM

the thing is.... as at least 4 webzine specialized on MMO said that it will come the 7th august (new map, new lvl cap, new weapons and items) .... and as they all said it s an official presse release (if u look at all the web sites.. it s mainly the same sentences, same format -> it has been given to them by gravity so they can publish it)... it does seems it will happen as announced, it kinda has to.

#9 luciolle

luciolle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:leonis

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:39 AM

My opinion is:

Level cap will be increased soon.

And we are talking about new clothes such as the ones we got for hoo, not honor ones ;D.

#10 shiningwater

shiningwater

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHere.

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

Hey that picture is from princess mononoke! Btw, it could be since they are making a new planet this year I think

#11 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

They were expected to come with the new instance, Sea of Dawn, or that's what MMO hut said in one of their game update videos.

#12 Nelko

Nelko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPhilippines, Earth
  • Server:Arua

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:35 PM

It's not a rumor. That news rolled out officially on the 26th of July. The press release, as released to Games Press, ad verbatim:

Marina del Rey, California - July 25, 2012 - Gravity Interactive, a publisher of exciting massive multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs), will be making quite a splash in their popular anime MMORPG, ROSE Online. Beginning August 7 th, Rosearians can for the first time begin a new story arc, which brings back a fearsome enemy but with the hope of freeing the precious Goddess Luna. Players can begin their newest adventure August 7 th by trekking to http://www.roseonlinegame.com/ and join a thriving community with regular events, game updates, and plenty more.
Sea of Dawn introduces a number of game changes, including an increased level cap, new and exciting equipment, the sharpest weapons yet, and numerous quests including a new arc to the Hero's Quest, the main storyline of ROSE Online. Players can head over to the ROSE Online page at http://www.facebook.com/playrose for all the latest game news, including screen shots, contests, and more.
Aeons before the Magic City of Eucar was founded, the shamanistic ways dominated the land; under the guidance of the Moon Pastors, who faithfully followed the benevolent Goddess Luna, she entrusted man with wisdom and power beyond normal mortal capabilities. This unparalleled peace and prosperity was not to last as one of the Shamans, Laguz, stumbled upon the Teiwaz Doctrine, which paved the way for the dark God Hebarn to corrupt the charismatic Laguz with promises of limitless control.
By the time the other Shamans discovered his treachery, it was too late, and Laguz quickly took over or killed the Shamanistic order, and sealed the helpless Goddess Luna away, deep within the Sea of Dawn. Thus began the age of Dark Shamans, which finally fell after the rise of the current-day Arumics. But the damage was done, and despite their best magical efforts, it seemed Luna could not be retrieved from the terrible spell which sealed her away.
Now, a new age has dawned for Rosearians, as the Goddess Arua has charged her warriors with the task of freeing her sister Luna, and her followers have successfully re-created the bridge which leads to her prison. Luna has waited patiently in her icy prison, saddened by all she sees; will you be the one to bring the first smile in ages to her face?
###
About ROSE Online
ROSE Online is a free-roaming MMORPG featuring anime inspired graphics and the cutest game environment players have ever seen! Jump in and fight monsters, level up, gain new skills, and find magical equipment to prepare for challenging future battles. Travel to different planets, exploring new enviroments, and battle other players. Gain experience both by killing monsters as well as completing quests, which weave together a story that reaches across the stars. Completing quests is also a great way to receive rewards, but beware: some quests have a time limit and must be completed promptly for the best prizes. Join with fellow players to create Clans, then declare war against other clans for fun filled battles! With an in-game economy controlled directly by the players, supply and demand can change every day: it's up to you to seize the economic opportunities while they last.
About Gravity Interactive, Inc.
Headquartered in Marina Del Rey (California, U.S.A.), Gravity Interactive, Inc. was established in March 2003 and is the U.S. subsidiary of Gravity Co. Ltd. (South Korea, Nasdaq GM: GRVY). Gravity Interactive, Inc. is a world-renowned leader in online game publishing and operates Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games (MMORPGs) for the North American casual and hardcore gaming markets. The company's flagship title, Ragnarok Online, has over three (3) million North American subscribers (about 50 million subscribers worldwide) and has been joined by other titles Dragon Saga, Requiem: Memento Mori, and ROSE Online. More information can be found at www.warpportal.com

Via Gamasutra

Deja vu. I feel like a games journalist again.

#13 Platnium

Platnium

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Location\(._.\) to the window
  • Server:(/._.)/ to the wall

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:44 PM

i remember reading somthing about not updating char based things until pvp toun is over.

#14 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia
  • Server:Best Artisan in the world

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

i remember reading somthing about not updating char based things until pvp toun is over.

zurn said that somewhere ahuhuhuh

#15 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

I will note that the press release says "beginning august 7th" (Which means they could release something stupid then..and it not be for months afterwards that other stuff is released)

#16 Nelko

Nelko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPhilippines, Earth
  • Server:Arua

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:37 PM

I will note that the press release says "beginning august 7th" (Which means they could release something stupid then..and it not be for months afterwards that other stuff is released)

True. It isn't beyond the realm of possibility, even though they did state that with Sea of Dawn content people would see a higher level cap, new weapons and equipment:

Sea of Dawn introduces a number of game changes, including an increased level cap, new and exciting equipment, the sharpest weapons yet, and numerous quests including a new arc to the Hero's Quest, the main storyline of ROSE Online.

And in doing so, Gravity Interactive LLC won't be the first of companies who could not carry out their word

#17 ZullyFace

ZullyFace

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

Most of the players will quit before new gear release.
Update on new bug and stupid stuff they are really fast but update on new game contents they really sucks. Hardly find an online game that players are wearing the same gears and remain same level for 1 years or 2 years.

#18 K0rey

K0rey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

Level cap isn't a bad idea. Bringing out new gear? They have a lot of other things to work on before implementing something like that..

#19 sephiroth099

sephiroth099

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Server:a good one

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

^ this, although it would be nice to see new eq

#20 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

I really don't understand what all the fuss is about. For the game to stay alive, they have to raise the level cap, and create new gears at some point. Most of you max level characters, do nothing but stand around and complain about being bored. Yet when they do raise the level cap, you're out there trying to get to max level in 10 minutes. Other mmos I have played, it can take a week, just to make one level, and I rarely hear anyone complaining about being bored. Why the rush? I prefer to enjoy the game, isnt that what gaming is supposed to be about?

#21 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

If this is a new PVM map with monsters and an increase in level cap, this is good news and long over due! Lets hope this is in the tradition of past PVM new content with no IP restrictions, something that my wife and I can enjoy together like most of the maps in the past. I'm cautiously optimistic.

#22 OtelDouDou

OtelDouDou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:25 AM

Just 1 concern about the raised level cap. Actually, at lvl 220, you can still farm in Orlo, some places in Eldeon, and JFC. At 230, I believe in all these maps kings will become green or blue, then at max lvl we'll only be able to farm on the new map? In this case, I hope king spawns will be better than in Orlo currently...

#23 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:48 AM

My opinion is:

Too busy with designing new costumes for the Lucky spin to receive money.

#24 dom33fr

dom33fr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:25 AM

Just 1 concern about the raised level cap. Actually, at lvl 220, you can still farm in Orlo, some places in Eldeon, and JFC. At 230, I believe in all these maps kings will become green or blue, then at max lvl we'll only be able to farm on the new map? In this case, I hope king spawns will be better than in Orlo currently...

by "king spawns better than in orlo currently" I guess you want kings spawning every 3 minutes or packs of 4 or 5 kings?

Kings shouldn't be "farmable" massively like other monsters, as in any other game. What I suppose you're wanting is going against the spirit of the game, and the essence of what a king is supposed to be.

#25 KingsBane

KingsBane

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:29 AM

Gravity posted the link in the patch notes. So it has to be more than a rumour but less than the press release u can be sure. God help us if anything is released next week the downtime will destoy us. They just admitted sort of that games arena was causing the server mess. Thats all their own work nothing to do with old rose. A year to create a server buster what next? New maps no new levels maybe new equips maybe. Sort of pointless having new levels with no new content unless the only way to level is doing a quest?? I hope its all sunny and happy but i fear the worst. I think 7th august we will get an announcement which will be worthless mumbling that never happens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users