• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ulrick90

ulrick90

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

hey guys i play as a katar raider, but am been wondering since am not to familiar with scouts , how to they fair when compared to raider. to they have high ap, or aoe or something that makes them as formidable as raider

#2 ShootTillYouDie

ShootTillYouDie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

They are ranged..damage rate is a bit lower than Raider but the advantage is that scout is the hawker range class

#3 ulrick90

ulrick90

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

i get that they are range, lol but lets be honest range dont mean so much that it would change the play style drastically since a lot of the times i see monsters get withing close range. i like scouts since i like hawkers overall, but i just dnt know if they are as strong as their melee counter-part

#4 ShootTillYouDie

ShootTillYouDie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:19 PM

You need run a bit when melee class hitting you..Don't stand there and let them whack you..

As i said damage won't good as melee char but they are ranged ;D

#5 Zova

Zova

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

Scout and raiders may both be hawkers but they are two completely seperate classes. I have a max raider and max scout. Comparing the two would be like comparing a cleric to a champion. They are differ in many ways. Make one for yourself and see.

#6 EyesOnMe

EyesOnMe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:29 AM

you may encounter people getting pissed at you but scout is really irritating to hit esp if they hit and run you. imo scouts are more of a tactical character than a raider. i mean both requires strategy to play but being scout demands more finesse :)

#7 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:05 AM

i get that they are range, lol but lets be honest range dont mean so much that it would change the play style drastically since a lot of the times i see monsters get withing close range. i like scouts since i like hawkers overall, but i just dnt know if they are as strong as their melee counter-part

being ranged makes a huge difference. for one, it's easier to kite melee classes and if done right, you can avoid death altogether. it's an advantage, even in PVM, because you can kill monsters before they get to you. they're probably not as strong as melee classes but range can make all the difference if you play it right. imo there's pros and cons for each class, play whichever you have the most fun with

#8 ShootTillYouDie

ShootTillYouDie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:43 AM

hit and run tactic is a must to give you higher survival rate..As i mentioned when melee classes hitting you don't stand there to be a dummy to let them hit..You need move a bit

Compare to raider ..Raider has two invis currently..I noticed that when they retreat/run they always on one of the invi and off..And scout only have one..When you used one to begin attack means you wouldn't have another one to escape unless your 1st invi has passed a long period of time and the cd of your invi is ready

Edited by ShootTillYouDie, 18 September 2012 - 01:46 AM.

#9 sforstun

sforstun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • Locationmanila PH
  • Server:DRACC!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:24 AM

the thing is if ur battling with a katar type raider or a dual wield type and ur a scout, 1st u need to be sure that before they get near you they had like 40-50% of theyre hp shredded off then 2 to 3 meters away after they hit u u need to run again to gain a full distance of applying ur whole combo again. remember if u hit them with 2 to 3 stuns before they get near you and u use that strategy ur winning rate is like 70-80% up. but that is if that raider doesnt use cloaking which will prevent u using skills on them on a distance

#10 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

Hit and run tactic is not a must, having decent mspeed to run in gangs is a plus. Compared with raiders(katar), scouts do less dmg over time, they are more a skill based class to do most dmg while raiders do better on melee. If you have a good build and know what to do u can handle prety much any class. Learn how to play a scout and ull be having a lot fun with it.

#11 teddy77

teddy77

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationBali, Indonesia
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EARTH

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

yo mama, champ better

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users