Geneticists Cast times and Wall of thorn - Renewal Testing - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Geneticists Cast times and Wall of thorn

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SethTheSecond

SethTheSecond

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationHovering in my seat
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:44 AM

One main concern right now that i have for geneticists are their lack of Variable cast times. Most of their 3rd class skills are STRICTLY variable cast times. With 170 dex/170 int,i was able to have instant cast time on mandragora howling, cart boost, wall of thorns, thorn trap, hell's plant, crazy weed. Heck, from what i've seen, all of their third class skills can be instant cast if you have enough stats to reach that. All the other classes don't have their skills with only variable and no fixed cast times (unless for certain skills with justified reasons.) I'm only concerned about this for balance issues.

The other thing is sort of.... a bug. A halirious bug in my opinion, but i think it's a bug. When someone is unable to be knocked back (Wearing a brynhild, RSX card, Woe settings, trapped against a wall) and they are inside one of the cells for wall of thorns, they sort of...Explode. Kind of like the old TKM's heat skills (like 15 hits a sec, even at 400 damage, will take out 60k hp REALLY,REALLY QUICKLY. It also kind of causes lag on computers with that many numbers flying around). I think wall of thorns was meant to try to lock people down, and it works fine for when they are able to be pushed around. But when they are unable to be moved around, the rate of damage it causes is kind of insane. I propose you lower the times wall of thorns issues damage hits, kind of like poison cloud rate aprox. 2-3 hits per second, not 15-20 hits per second. Otherwise, in woe, you can just wall of thorn someone and watch groups explode faster than AOE acid bomb.

(That being said, i'm going to have a little more fun on the test server before they get the hell nerfed out of them...possibly.)

Edited by SethTheSecond, 26 September 2010 - 06:46 AM.

#2 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:09 AM

Also needing to be looked at is the fact that Thorn Trap damage is not being redirected by Shadow Form at all.

#3 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:48 AM

The other thing is sort of.... a bug. A halirious bug in my opinion, but i think it's a bug. When someone is unable to be knocked back (Wearing a brynhild, RSX card, Woe settings, trapped against a wall) and they are inside one of the cells for wall of thorns, they sort of...Explode. Kind of like the old TKM's heat skills (like 15 hits a sec, even at 400 damage, will take out 60k hp REALLY,REALLY QUICKLY. It also kind of causes lag on computers with that many numbers flying around). I think wall of thorns was meant to try to lock people down, and it works fine for when they are able to be pushed around. But when they are unable to be moved around, the rate of damage it causes is kind of insane. I propose you lower the times wall of thorns issues damage hits, kind of like poison cloud rate aprox. 2-3 hits per second, not 15-20 hits per second. Otherwise, in woe, you can just wall of thorn someone and watch groups explode faster than AOE acid bomb.

Yeah this happens in siege, which makes it absurdly strong. Most genetic skills are kind of broken in that regard, and while being able to instant cast some of their skills is OK, some (like howling) should really have a lengthier fixed cast time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users