enchant blade and dragon breath question - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

enchant blade and dragon breath question

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

Hi,

Enchant blade adds matk right, I read somewhere this allow me to hit ghost monsters, is that correct? Also, since it adds matk, does that mean I can hit monsters with high flee despite low dex{60} since magic don't miss. Basically i'm wondering whether I can use HS to kill beelzebe in ET cause my DB is low level. HS is a ranged attack? So would AS Card be good? My int is currently 90, would enchant blade add good dmg for HS ( level 10)

Also, i'm only level 101, if I reset and put all my stat on int and vit to boost my hp and sp and get level 10 DB, would I get good damage for DB? Or should I just wait till i'm higher level before resetting? Same, as db is range attack, would AS card be good ( cause I noticed that db doesn't have atk in the formula)

Sorry for so many questions at once!

Thanks!

Edited by harlokjai, 08 August 2012 - 04:28 PM.

#2 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:00 PM

Based on experience Hundred Spears is not affected by Enchant Blade. Archer Skeleton Cards are only good for PVM, PVP wise you should go for hydras or racial modifiers to increase your damage.

DB question: if you do put your stats on int and vit it will increase your DB damage, However I don't recommend wasting that free reset on that issue. It's better to wait till job 40 or so then change for that final build. And no AS does not increase DB attack

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

Dragon Breath damage is dependent on only three things: Your current HP, your maximum SP, and elemental damage modifier. Nothing else.

Archer Skeleton card adds damage to HS. 2x Kingbird Gungnir is a good weapon for it.

AS is often better for HS damage than hydra et al, because AS effects all damage (from both stats and weapon) while the hydra cards only effect damage from weapon attack. In any case, hydra cards are a bad example, because you use the KVM weapon in PVP, or with the new update, the bellum spear.

Enchant blade only effects damage from normal attacks; it does not increase skill damage. It also (sadly) doesn't boost crush strike damage, even though crush strike acts like a normal attack.

You cannot kill bee with HS, for many reasons, especially at lvl 101. DB is the correct skill, and your damage will be utter crap at that level.

DB damage will always suck at low level, because it depends on hp/sp. Do not expect it to be good until 120-125 with bryn, 125-130 with no bryn, or 115-120 with tao.

#4 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

You get a lot more damage boost from SP vs HP, so getting an Urj Seal with +250 SP is the best way to boost Dragon Breath damage along with Sleipnir and Brynhild.

As for hats, make sure you card a Carat card on Cat Beret (for PVP/WoE) or Rideword (PvM).

#5 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

Thanks all, especially to drazzy and ceruleangamer! You two seem to be answering a lot if my questions! !

Another question, so where would I get a sleipnir and bryn and a gungnir [2]? Looked up on irowiki, it didn't say which monster drop them?

Thanks again,

#6 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

Sleipnir and Brynhild are god items, so only elite WoE guilds and players have access to them. You can buy one yourself but it will cost you 10s of billions of zeny.

Gungnir is dropped by Mistress and can be given 2 slots using a Slotting Advertisement with Troy or from these NPCs:
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Socket_Enchant

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 08 August 2012 - 08:07 PM.

#7 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:58 PM

Oh...i see.

I have variant shoes, should I slot verit card into it? Or is there a better card? Planning to put pecipeco card in armor. any armor which increases maxhp/sp (except the God items).

I know you guys gave me the levels on which db would be good, but what amount of hp/sp should I be aiming for? 30k hp? 50k hp? I'im planning to hunt for carat card. Probably no chance for me to get tao card T_T

thanks once again,

Edited by harlokjai, 09 August 2012 - 05:12 PM.

#8 JmapSmith

JmapSmith

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Classic and Valkyrie

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

Q: I have variant shoes, should I slot verit card into it?
A: FYI, variant got no slots at all, so slotting veit would be impossible.

Q: Planning to put pecipeco card in armor. any armor which increases maxhp/sp (except the God items).
A: No, unless you've got access to MVP cards and I'm talking about Tao Gunka, then your only best armor would be any slotted armor(High Def Required) and put PecoPeco card in it.

Q: I know you guys gave me the levels on which db would be good, but what amount of hp/sp should I be aiming for? 30k hp? 50k hp?
A: For a normal geared players(By normal, I mean items not pertaining to GODS and MVP cards), 45k-50k HP would be your goal

#9 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

there is no such thing as slotted variants. I suggest getting Ur's set. it gives you the benefits of peco peco card + Bonus resist to neut damage. A normal Rk should have atleast 40+k hp at lvl 150.

PS: that AS card I didnt know adds more damage. I learn more everyday :)

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

Ur set gives better HP/SP than variant + peco peco armor, especially if you +9 them first so you can get the good enchants. +9 ur garment can get really good +vit and +HP enchants (compared to the crap enchants you get at +0). And you need the Ur set anyway if you're going HS/DB.

Edited by DrAzzy, 09 August 2012 - 05:34 PM.

#11 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

Ur set gives better HP/SP than variant + peco peco armor, especially if you +9 them first so you can get the good enchants. +9 ur garment can get really good +vit and +HP enchants (compared to the crap enchants you get at +0). And you need the Ur set anyway if you're going HS/DB.

Sorry for being such a noob here lol, but I looked at the mora enchant for urs set. Even if I got all the +500 enchant for the 4 gear, doesn't that only add 4k hp? (assume 500 x 2 for each equipment) but 20% with variant already gives my 4000 hp boost when my hp is 20k. Am I missing something here?

And when you say I NEED the ur set for HS/Db build, I understand for HS, but DB? Its just for the hp/sp bonus you mentioned above yeah?

Edited by harlokjai, 09 August 2012 - 06:16 PM.

#12 JmapSmith

JmapSmith

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Classic and Valkyrie

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

I still would prefer Variant/Peco/Nyd/RWH combo for DB type for the HP/SP boost for HP/SP steals.

They only recommend urs set so you wouldn't have to have 2 sets. Since it greatly boost HS damage as well. And the HP boost is a little bit behind variant/peco combo but not that far.

I would say whichever fits your budget at the moment. But it's really good to have both sets IMO.

#13 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

Sorry for being such a noob here lol, but I looked at the mora enchant for urs set. Even if I got all the +500 enchant for the 4 gear, doesn't that only add 4k hp? (assume 500 x 2 for each equipment) but 20% with variant already gives my 4000 hp boost when my hp is 20k. Am I missing something here?

And when you say I NEED the ur set for HS/Db build, I understand for HS, but DB? Its just for the hp/sp bonus you mentioned above yeah?

You need it for HS, yes.

Remember that the mora set will give:
+14% hp from set
+10% hp/sp from firelock card in shoes
+9% hp from +9 armor
+2% hp from seal
+2% hp from garment
+250 sp from seal enchants
+1500 hp from good garment enchants

So +10% sp, +37% hp - and note that % mods are applied after adding the 250 sp and 1500 hp - and then you've got the open slots in the shoes and armor for enchants. Ideal enchants are the +400 sp from shoes (+100, 150, 150 sp) and the ~1500 hp from good +hp armor enchants (though most people only make one +9 armor, and try to get fighting spirit on it to boost their HS and crush strike damagE)

#14 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

Glorious suit gives pretty good DB damage as well, but it does require getting KVM for. Ur's set is much more straightforward and easy to obtain, and does give decent DB damage as other people have mentioned already here. Also the Ur's set should be better for a lower level DB RK because of the flat bonuses it gives from enchants like +100 SP, +500 HP, etc. instead of percentages, since your HP and SP pool is lower and will benefit more from flat bonuses. You also don't have to switch gears to get good HS damage at the same time too.

#15 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

Another question, so if I go for dragon breath build, (vit & int max and str 1), will my HS be bad even with mora set and and gungnir x 2AS? ) . I saw on iro wiki that hundred soar doesn't depend on atk? Just depend on base level, weight of spear?

What about cs, if I use cardo and AS card, does it matter too much if my str is 1?

#16 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

Another question, so if I go for dragon breath build, (vit & int max and str 1), will my HS be bad even with mora set and and gungnir x 2AS? ) . I saw on iro wiki that hundred soar doesn't depend on atk? Just depend on base level, weight of spear?

What about cs, if I use cardo and AS card, does it matter too much if my str is 1?

Your HS damage will be terrible, hundred spear depends greatly on attack. You're misreading the formula:

Damage = ATK [{(600 + (Skill Level x 80) + (1000 - Weight of the Spear)} x (1 + [(Caster’s Base Level - 100) / 200])] %

That is, the damage is equal to your atk, multiplied by the rest of the formula; ex, lvl 10 HS with KVM weap at lvl 150 will do (600+800+1000)x1.25=3000% atk (that is, 30 times your atk)

If you're using Clashing Spiral, your damage will just plain suck (at least once you're third job - it's half decent as LK), regardless of what str you have.

Edited by DrAzzy, 19 August 2012 - 08:07 PM.

#17 Smolderbil

Smolderbil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 458 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

it's half decent as LK

How come :questionmark:

#18 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

How come :questionmark:

because the things you fight as LK have lower HP. It still does enough damage to 1-shot level-appropriate stuff during LK levels.

#19 Smolderbil

Smolderbil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 458 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

Ahh, I see. I misunderstood, thought you meant the damage is lower as an RK. :ani_swt3:
I still find Clashing Spiral pretty useful, though (when not mobbing). Still does around ~20k without converters (with a +7 Kingbird Hunting Spear & Dex bonus from a +9 HBP) for a mere 20 SP cost (using 2 Ur's seals). Not bad.

#20 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:36 PM

............................so if I go with db build, I'll be totally useless against fire monsters or people wearing fire armor as db won't work on fire element and my HS and CS would suck.

Also, I looked up crushed struck. It says cast delay of 30 s, cooldown of 60, duration off 30s. Does that mean I use 1 rune stone, I can spam crush strike for 30s but I can't use other skills for 30 s? And when it finishes, I can't use the rune stone for another 30s (30s+30s=60scool down.)

And when it says 20% chance of breaking weapon, is that my weapon! ? Or the enemies weapon?

#21 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:07 PM

That's why going full DB build isn't recommended, and most people usually learn a second skill along with it like Hundred Spears or Ignition Break, which can do neutral damage. And you need STR to do good damage for those skills of course. There's also storm blast and crush strike of course.

For crush strike, using the rune is sort of like a "buff" and will make your next melee attack and only that attack do massive damage. So no, it's not a spam skill and you can also use different skills with it activated. The chance to break is on your weapon. This is also why a glorious spear is the preferred weapon for it since it cannot be destroyed.

Edited by kasshin, 19 August 2012 - 11:08 PM.

#22 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:59 AM

That's why going full DB build isn't recommended, and most people usually learn a second skill along with it like Hundred Spears or Ignition Break, which can do neutral damage. And you need STR to do good damage for those skills of course. There's also storm blast and crush strike of course.

For crush strike, using the rune is sort of like a "buff" and will make your next melee attack and only that attack do massive damage. So no, it's not a spam skill and you can also use different skills with it activated. The chance to break is on your weapon. This is also why a glorious spear is the preferred weapon for it since it cannot be destroyed.

Ok, I think I get it. But what's the difference between cooldown and cast delay for rune stones? as in for cast delay I can't use any other rune stones and cool down is I can't use the same rune stone?

#23 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:02 AM

In theory, cast delay is a time during which you cannot use skills (but can use items like rune stones). Cooldown is delay before being able to use same rune.

I don;'t know where you got the 30 sec cast delay on crush strike; There is no significant delay associated with crush strike, just a 60 sec cooldown.

Edited by DrAzzy, 20 August 2012 - 05:04 AM.

#24 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

I don;'t know where you got the 30 sec cast delay on crush strike; There is no significant delay associated with crush strike, just a 60 sec cooldown.

30 second cool down. You can recast it immediately after the effect would naturally wear off.

#25 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

30 second cool down. You can recast it immediately after the effect would naturally wear off.

Er, yeah, that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users