[Renewal] Question about GR card - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Renewal] Question about GR card

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

so ive had this baby in my storage for a few months now just gathering dust. Personally I don't WoE but i do PvM
heard many things on the forums over time..
- that GR card only works in WoE
- that it works against neutral abilities but not auto attack?
- that its not as good as it used to be pre-renewal
whats true n whats not?

Ghostring Card
Armor: Enchant Armor with Ghost Property & HP recovery -25%
Ghost1 Element=
Neutral:30% resistance
Ghost: -25% resistance
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Element
Posted Image

off topic.. is there any kind of armor that would would make you immune to spiritual destruction (sp draining ability) ?
shadow armor makes you immune only take 1 dmg from their energy drain ability (bathory)

Edited by Helios0, 10 August 2012 - 01:13 PM.

#2 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

sell it to me, you're better off with other armors for pvm anyways. only thing it helps with in pvm is reducing earthquake damage. its mainly used for reducing goh in pvp/woe

Edited by Easly, 10 August 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

so ive had this baby in my storage for a few months now just gathering dust. Personally I don't WoE but i do PvM
heard many things on the forums over time..
- that GR card only works in WoE
- that it works against neutral abilities but not auto attack?
- that its not as good as it used to be pre-renewal
whats true n whats not?

off topic.. is there any kind of armor that would would make you immune to spiritual destruction (sp draining ability) ?
shadow armor makes you immune to blood suck ability (bathory)

Only one that's true is that it was better pre-renewal, because it used to reduce neutral by 75% and now it reduces it by much less than that - see the elemental damage table.

GR card reduces all neutral element damage EXCEPT for the non-skill attacks of monsters (because it would be grotesquely overpowered if it did that). Some neutral element monster skills are reduced, as are all neutral attacks from players, including normal attacks. So while it's most useful in WoE/PVP, and not very useful in PVM, it works on all maps.

Shadow armor does not make you immune to blood-drain, i don't think - it used to pre-renewal (like it did with curse attack), but both of those were blocked because it reduced damage to 0 (miss). I know curse attack now does 1 and still inflicts curse, and I suspect blood drain works the same way (so you still flinch from it, but it only does 1). The SP drain skills do not inflict physical damage, and hence cannot be blocked by wearing elemental armor that would make the attack miss (even if that did still work, which as I just said, it doesn't).

#4 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

so then its true that it wont reduce auto attacks but it will reduce something like blowing bash? or double straffe?

or only neutral magic spells like earthquake?
and if thts the case.. what other spells are neutral magic?

Edited by Helios0, 10 August 2012 - 12:49 PM.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

so then its true that it wont reduce auto attacks

No, it works just fine on player's auto-attacks, assuming the player is stupid enough not to endow their weapon.

GR card reduces all neutral element damage EXCEPT for the non-skill attacks of monsters (because it would be grotesquely overpowered if it did that). Some neutral element monster skills are reduced, as are all neutral attacks from players, including normal attacks. So while it's most useful in WoE/PVP, and not very useful in PVM, it works on all maps.

Hence, it will work on bowling bash, DS, and all other skills that take weapon element from players, assuming again that the player is stupid enough not to endow their weapon, as well as all forced neutral attacks regardless of weapon element.
The same holds true for neutral element skill attacks from monsters. There aren't many such skills, however - Critical slash, EQ, and a few others. I do not know of any inclusive list of such skills. It works whether the attack is physical or magical.

#6 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

ty

so to recap:
YES: player auto attacks (if not endowed)
YES: player skill attacks (if forced neutral, regardless of endow)
YES: player physical skill attacks (if not endowed)
YES: player magic attacks (if neutral in origin like Comet)
YES: Monster physical skill attacks
YES: Monster magic attacks (if neutral in original like EQ)
NO: player auto attacks (if endowed)
NO: player physical skill attacks (if endowed)
NO: player magic attacks(if non neutral element)
NO: Monster auto attacks

Edited by Helios0, 10 August 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#7 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

ATK is calculated weird, so even if the weapon is endowed, ghostring reduces the damage you take.

The reason for this is endow only flavors your weapon. Your "status" atk (atk from STR or DEX) is forced neutral. So its always reduced 30% by ghostring.

As a result Ghostring always reduces a bit of damage from players with an attack that isn't forced elemental (such as dragon's breath or crazy vines).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users