one time use 20 stat point redistribution event item 1.8k kafra points. - Classic Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

one time use 20 stat point redistribution event item 1.8k kafra points.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:06 AM

I want it because i'm dumb.

let the flaming begin.

#2 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAnywhere U need me to be :D
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:33 AM

lol does this item stack? xD

#3 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

also make it the week before woe so almost everyone on the server buys one.

#4 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAnywhere U need me to be :D
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

Big money idea right here. also do it with skill points, so u can endlessly switch builds in a WoE.

#5 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

There's already a neuralizer on classic server.

#6 VoodooFrost

VoodooFrost

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationUnder Your Bed
  • Server:Chaos or Classic

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

SOME form of stat reset ability/tool would be nice, especially for those of us who want to make a forge smith or fs priest...but can never seem to find people to party with.

#7 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

No stat reset in my classic server, please.
kthxbye.

#8 VoodooFrost

VoodooFrost

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationUnder Your Bed

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

No stat reset in my classic server, please.
kthxbye.

Mor...I like you, I like your posts.

I just have to say...some of us are not as surrounded by people willing to help level.
Sure, all the big guilds have 99s, FS Priests, OneShot monks and hunters, but they all had help.

Some people have to level solo, or with and equally underpowered buddy. That's awesome if they want an assassin or hunter, etc. I wouldn't truly understand why one of these would NEED a reset option. But for the aco and merchant it's a LOT harder. You NEED a guild of supporters to slave/leech you, to be able to pump up the stats you should be pumping, instead of str and agi to just survive.

I'm a very friendly guy. My priest on Chaos .:Frost:. was beloved by much of the community. But i left a few years ago and no longer in the in-crowd. I'm not QQing at all. I don't care how long it takes me to get to 99. I like the game enough to just take it when I get it. However, I DO see how hard it is to get those levels. I have sat in Al de with a chat open looking for party for hours. I wasn't high enough level to go anywhere useful, and I didn't have a single person respond. I see that all the time. It's tough out there when you gotta do it alone!

So how about not arguing so much against a one-time thing that could make the game more enjoyable to a fellow player?
I am TOTALLY against anything beyond a one-time use, mind you. For my intentions, it would be used only to change the build used to level into the build needed for your class. Anything more than 1-time could be exploited for p2p players to switch between WoE and PvM builds to readily. I AM against that sort of abuse. But...letting the battle aco become FS Priest, or letting the agi/str merchie move to full dex for forging, I think it could be a good thing.

#9 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

Mor...I like you, I like your posts.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Maybe I should have elaborated it more, rather than just saying NO D:

I know that the difficulty of leveling up is different for each class, plus, I'm playing 2 of the easier to level classes (Wiz & Sin), which I still find rather exhausting to level up, and I'm all solo by myself, too q__Q

I can imagine this to be way harder when going for certain builds/classes such as a pure forger/potter or even full support priest(though, FS priests should have it easier to find partys to join in, normally), still, here I'd like to quote someone who said, that the difficulty of leveling certain builds is what actually balances them and the game.

I have a Blacksmith myself, whom I decided to go as a Battle Forger until trans classes are added in.
I'd be totally pissed, if I pretty much self-leech my pure forger High Merch/Mastersmith and then all of a sudden a full stat reset item is added to the game.
Although I know, that self-leeching by using a dual-client isn't how this game is intended to be played, it is a possibility to help out oneself, to overcome the difficulty that comes with each build.

Then again, I can also understand wanting to have all characters on 1 account, instead of using 2 different accounts.
I would prefer it myself to have my smith on my main account, rather than having to use 2 different ones, but here is where the "Pure Forger" build would make it almost impossible for me to level up my smith solo. (unless, which is rather unlikely, I finally find some nice players I can befriend with ingame to play and level up together q_____Q)

Guilds and organized players/friends will always have an advantage over players that play solo when they can't find others to play with or if they play a rather "unpopular" class which isn't really wanted for any hunting partys.
Yet, the idea of this game or in general of all MMO's is to find others to play with, Ragnarok is not a "Singleplayer Online Game" after all.
(In Renewal you're pretty much solo until ~120+, but not in Classic D:)

The value of such classes would drastically drop and most players would only go for what lets them level up the fastest way to 90/70 and then simply reset their stats and skills to change entirely to a different build.
Even if it is just a 1-time use, one reset is enough to entirely flood the game with those rather "rare" and hard to level builds/classes.

Everyone could have their own pure potter alchy, forger smith, pure enchant deadly poison sinx, etc. without having to invest much time, since all they did was going for the best leveling build and then simply do a stat + skill reset to change to their actually intended build.

But this is just my personal opinion about the status points reset topic and I doubt that my opinion only would have such an impact for a status reset never to be added to the classic server.

Heim or Oda once said themselves, that they're not determined to say "never" to a stat reset on classic, which pretty much suggests that it will, unfortunately, happen someday in the future.

I doubt that it will happen too soon, but it will someday, yet I'll always be against a status points reset item.

A partial reset, I think, would be OK, since there was such a thing back then, too.
But a full reset, no.

Edited by Morlord, 12 August 2012 - 09:47 PM.

#10 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

one time use 20 stat point redistribution event item 1.8k kafra points.

as in you pick 20 points to remove only, you can only use the item once per toon ever not a full reset.

#11 VoodooFrost

VoodooFrost

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationUnder Your Bed

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

Touché, I see your point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users