Wishing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

The quest isn't difficult in my opinion, just extremely arduous. It took me four tries, but after those four tries, I can get it right 9 times out of 10. Anyways here's my "guide".

Starting the quest: (Easy)

Before you begin the test, make life easier for yourself and put all your things in storage and save in Alberta. Equip your Eden gears and carry one Reset Stone with you if you're non-VIP. Go to Alberta and head to Turtle Island from the docks. When you arrive, the NPC to begin the Ranger quest will be right next to you on the screen. Tell him you want to become a Ranger, and he'll give you novice fly wings, 500 arrows and 1 bow. Your first task is survival. Make it to the next NPC on the same map without dying. Just use fly wings until you get to the top left section of the map. There, you will find the next NPC you need to talk to. He'll require you to kill a Dragon Fly and bring back 1 Wing of Dragon Fly. Once you do, you're on to the next!

Section 1: Accuracy Test (Easy, Annoying)

- Don't forget to equip the 100 arrows before you go in the waiting room.
- Always look at the Poring on the north, regardless of what it is. If it says Poring, simply kill it. If it says Drops, Poing, or Hoing, then search to your left and directly below yourself. If it says Podaegi, Poporing or Poja, then search to your right and directly below yourself.
-15/20 correct answers is a successful completion!

Section 2:Trapping Ability Test (Med, Be patient)

-Immediately following Section 1, you'll be warped to a map where you'll have about 25 seconds of instruction before starting Section 2.
-Talk to the NPC once he appears and you'll get 10 bombs and 100 Novice Potions and 2000+ reports to make you 90% weight. Once you get these items, you'll have 3 minutes to complete the course.
- To complete the course, you have to use all the bombs, and towards the end, you have to be standing near the NPC or she'll just tell you to get nearer.
-My tip for this section is: you don't have to kill every monster. Kill the 2 big mobs, and kill the 2 mandagora boss things because they hit hard. And do not stand next to the Maniscuple or it'll close confine you and hurt you a lot, if not kill you.
-Novice pots won't heal you a lot, not sure if this was given to you to distract you..I just spammed them the whole time, so if you're good at multi-tasking you can spam them while you kill/run.

Section 3: Using your wolf companion to kill egg bombs

- This is the easiest section so breathe a little. If you make it hear you're practically done.
- In this section, you'll have to use a wolf companion to kill bomb eggs.
-Talk to the NPC when you're ready and he'll give you a flute. When you play the flute, you'll summon a baby wolf. Talk to the NPC again and you'll be stone cursed and can control your wolf using Alt +Left Click
-Just hold Alt the whole time and click the eggs to break them.
-Completion is 10/20

Final Section: Becoming a Ranger!

-Once you've finished with Section 3, you'll be redirected to the Ranger Master. Talk to him and he'll tell you to use all unused skill and stat points and remove your falcon. Once you do so, you're done :D

#2 Beamer650Ci

Beamer650Ci

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationValkyrie

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

+1, you helped me get through the first part with ease :D

#3 iamcalvinlau

iamcalvinlau

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

For part 2, you should maybe add a second possible tactic, such as using up left over arrows or falcon assault, then spamming the bombs away. It's possible if you keep screwing up part 1 like me, or if you have enough int like I did at the time.. :P

#4 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:21 AM

Close Confine monster: Drosera.

I'd run with a bow and kill everything able to hitlock or kill me (aka parasites, droseras and NEPHENTES), and arrow repel the crap on my way, then just drop the bombs in super sonic style.

There was that one time I got a parasite card in the middle of the test.

Also, you can use Eden gear in the quest. And the weight limit for the test is 50. You can carry anything as long as your total weight is 50.

Edited by asayuu, 17 August 2012 - 10:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users